Cornwall Football Forum

Saltash United v Falmouth Town

Big win for Saltash and a big blow for Westy and his squad.  

Although not a disaster for Falmouth in regards of a loss this early in the season - it’s more the way they lost is more concerning. 2-0 up and cruising according to Kev Marriott.  

I cant see anyone beating Falmouth at bickland but they have lost both games against top 6 away already (St Austell and Saltash).  

Tavistock and St Austell still the teams to beat in my opinion!!

2 minutes ago, SWL Veteran said:

Big win for Saltash and a big blow for Westy and his squad.  

Although not a disaster for Falmouth in regards of a loss this early in the season - it’s more the way they lost is more concerning. 2-0 up and cruising according to Kev Marriott.  

I cant see anyone beating Falmouth at bickland but they have lost both games against top 6 away already (St Austell and Saltash).  

Tavistock and St Austell still the teams to beat in my opinion!!

That is certainly so along with Bodmin. Falmouth will finish in the lower half of  the league, I am certain.

5 hours ago, Rayvon said:

The Quiet Man is very quiet this weekend also The Town Man Mark Jones and Mattelot, are you all ok? Perhaps Older can enlighten us. :ph34r:

I am fine but thank you for your concerns.  I went to the saltash game (managed to off load the kids for afternoon lol) and it’s obviously a disappointing result. Saltash deserved winners in the end. Pasty was bloody lovely. 

9 hours ago, Rayvon said:

The Quiet Man is very quiet this weekend also The Town Man Mark Jones and Mattelot, are you all ok? Perhaps Older can enlighten us. :ph34r:

Im fine thankyou ray .didnt go to the game too much on .was following as big al does on twitter .must admit you would expect a win when you score 3 goals away from home especially  2 nil up after 10 .hopefully the coaching staff can sort the defence out pretty dam quick ahead of clevedon at home in the FA cup next week . Hopefully  Pastyman paul will give us his usual match report on yesterdays game .well done on your win yesterday by the way .

42 minutes ago, mattelot said:

Im fine thankyou ray .didnt go to the game too much on .was following as big al does on twitter .must admit you would expect a win when you score 3 goals away from home especially  2 nil up after 10 .hopefully the coaching staff can sort the defence out pretty dam quick ahead of clevedon at home in the FA cup next week . Hopefully  Pastyman paul will give us his usual match report on yesterdays game .well done on your win yesterday by the way .

Cheap way of watching.

2 hours ago, Rayvon said:

You are excused Mike, I thought that may have been the case. It's early days yet but as we all know nothing is won in September. Hope you had a good holiday did you go anywhere nice?B)☀️

South Devon (Devon Valley -Steve Massey's campsite)Ray-the usual family destination-Nothing on Radio Devon-No Sunday Independent on site and The Daily Mail was all Northern Non League results)-so perhaps not knowing was good for my happy time.lol

Also I dont possess an I Pad or smart phone

Just heard the scorers were Jack Bowyer-Luke Brabyn and Jordan Annear  (Matt Buchan suspended)

Olly Walker transferred to Newquay

36 minutes ago, Fanfare said:

Olly Walker will be a big loss with his pace. I understand he is going to university in London so will not be available on a regular basis. Would have liked to have seen him stay with Falmouth though.

Olly's availability is going to be virtually non existent, when he returns he just wants to play, obviously the teams at the top end couldn't guarantee this hence why he has joined Newquay for if he fancies a kick around when he is back down in Cornwall. 

1 hour ago, leedsunited said:

Olly's availability is going to be virtually non existent, when he returns he just wants to play, obviously the teams at the top end couldn't guarantee this hence why he has joined Newquay for if he fancies a kick around when he is back down in Cornwall. 

Jack Webber signed for hayle I think. Think he going uni too so would not be available much anyway.  

14 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

South Devon (Devon Valley -Steve Massey's campsite)Ray-the usual family destination-Nothing on Radio Devon-No Sunday Independent on site and The Daily Mail was all Northern Non League results)-so perhaps not knowing was good for my happy time.lol

Also I dont possess an I Pad or smart phone

Just heard the scorers were Jack Bowyer-Luke Brabyn and Jordan Annear  (Matt Buchan suspended)

Olly Walker transferred to Newquay

Little wonder he has gone to Newquay - never given game time despite being the best player in the team. Funny old game , football management !