DIVISION FOUR

Chacewater                        0-2          Lizard Argyle Reserves

Constantine Reserves    2-2          New Inn Titans Reserves

Falmouth United              1-3          Goonhavern Athletic Reserves

Hayle Thirds                       P-P         Threemilestone Reserves

Madron                                 10-0       Stithians Reserves

Marazion                             1-4          Tregony FC

1 hour ago, zebedee said:

Both Frogpool games are now off ....no refs .

So only looking for another 8 refs ....or clubs to agree a stand in one !

Not what we need or want , games being called off whilst pitches are playable ?

Trying to get player participation up is only a worthwhile idea if they get referee participation up too. 

Nobody has approached Fourlanes to discuss a ref or stand in ref? I’m sure we would be fine to get the game played if a stand in ref was suggested, but as it stands the game has been cancelled without any discussion. 

I always thought you couldn’t postpone a game if no ref was appointed until 12 noon on the day of the match in case a red became available? Has the rules changed?

6 hours ago, ozzybruv said:

Nobody has approached Fourlanes to discuss a ref or stand in ref? I’m sure we would be fine to get the game played if a stand in ref was suggested, but as it stands the game has been cancelled without any discussion. 

I always thought you couldn’t postpone a game if no ref was appointed until 12 noon on the day of the match in case a red became available? Has the rules changed?

It is a league decision on whether to postpone the game before the usual mid-day deadline or not. As it is a vital game at the top of the league, I wanted an appointed official for the match. Both sides have played 6/7 games by the weekend we usually start our campaign so I think we are in a much better position than last season.

The continual moaning and groaning at the referees, during the game, on social media, and on here, including television..... Is taking its toll now. 

Who the hell would want to be a referee these days? 

The poor sods can't do nowt right, an earful during the match, and then home to read they were rubbish as well. 

What do you people think the effect that can have on a persons confidence and self esteem? 

Contrary to belief, football is not life and death. 

Let the referee's enjoy the football experience as well, and we may get a few more having a crack at it. 

15 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

The continual moaning and groaning at the referees, during the game, on social media, and on here, including television..... Is taking its toll now. 

The poor sods can't do nowt right, an earful during the match, and then home to read they were rubbish as well. 

What do you people think the effect that can have on a persons confidence and self-esteem? 

Let the referees enjoy the football experience as well, and we may get a few more having a crack at it. 

Well said, Older. My thoughts entirely!

27 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

What do you people think the effect that can have on a persons confidence and self esteem? 

Let the referee's enjoy the football experience as well, and we may get a few more having a crack at it. 

Blimey Older, wish i'd written that. Ain't it funny how the players continually moan at ref's, but can't agree to play without one. Damned if they do, damned if they don't. The life of a referee.

53 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

When you say (you people) who exactly are you referring to?

05912d3d1aa10c7a80154d46caf57156.jpg

2 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

And that's exactly what it boils down to. I spoke to a number of referees yesterday to try and get them involved. Referees that were active last season but haven't done a game this season - and what you've said above is exactly what they said to me.

They get stuck during the game and then they get stuck online. Instead, two are going to watch games and the other few have other plans.

I reffed continuously over the last two seasons and thankfully, I never got hung out to dry on social media. However, I got quite a bit of grief from certain individuals last season when on their games that I actually lost the enjoyment and passion for it. That doesn't happen to often with me however, it got to the point where I wanted to have a rant at players both on the pitch and on social media... That's why I've stopped reffing! 

I would class myself as a good referee who knows the laws almost verbatim. I would enforce those laws to the best of my ability but that wasn't enough for some.

Now I'm back enjoying playing with pretty much no grief at all :)

There will definitely be a shock next season when the Temporary Dismissal system is introduced at step 6 and 7

11 minutes ago, Anita said:

A few referees have offered a early or a late ko only for one team to not agree to it.  If teams ko at 5.30 it is still light enough to get the game finished and plenty of time for drinking after ?

There missus's won't let them KO that time.... Lol

Modern kids.... Petticoat power.... Lol

Yeah, this forum has been up & running since I was at school, I'm now in my 30's. I don't think you can blame the forum on the lack of refs, as I think,due to Facebook & mobile phones, less people use the forum now than say 10-15 years ago. I just think participation in the game as a whole has dropped. But when a club is struggling for players they explore every avenue & put so much time & energy into finding players. Wheras do the people at the top have the time & energy to search for refs? We all know qualified refs who don't do anything on Saturdays. 

2 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

There missus's won't let them KO that time.... Lol

Modern kids.... Petticoat power.... Lol

It's different if this is sorted on Monday Tuesday, but why does it always happen in Saturday morning or Friday night? People have plans outside of football. 

24 minutes ago, Roy D said:

Yeah, this forum has been up & running since I was at school, I'm now in my 30's. I don't think you can blame the forum on the lack of refs, as I think,due to Facebook & mobile phones, less people use the forum now than say 10-15 years ago. I just think participation in the game as a whole has dropped. But when a club is struggling for players they explore every avenue & put so much time & energy into finding players. Wheras do the people at the top have the time & energy to search for refs? We all know qualified refs who don't do anything on Saturdays. 

It's different if this is sorted on Monday Tuesday, but why does it always happen in Saturday morning or Friday night? People have plans outside of football. 

Your comments made me think back - this forum started in 2007.

Blimey hadn’t really thought it was that long ago!

1 hour ago, Roy D said:

They can't have, football is everything..... Innit? 

5 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Well said Older 

Marazion vs Tregony marazion went ahead in the first minute Tregony got going slowly but when they did they got in amongst it and gave marazion no time on the ball tregony led at half time and then extended that lead and finished the game 4-1 winners with goals coming from Jake foster, Craig sanders, Jason busby, and Benito Henley. 

Praze 2 - 1 perranwell (0-1) Ht  Div3. 

game of two halves. Perran take the lead through a corner and limit the home side to few chances in first 45.

2nd half praze start going more direct to their big striker who eventually sets up the equaliser through a free kick headed towards the unmarked defender to make it 1-1. A long ball over the top forces the visiting team keeper to rush off his line who fluffs the clearance leaving the praze striker to finish in a empty net, 2-1. Good luck to the season for both teams - should be there or thereabouts. 

Golong 

Prem 

Helston 5-1 Stithians

Went 1-0 up good finish Tom Furse. Within 10 minutes helston were 2-1 up.   In the 65th minute  helston scored two goals in 4 minutes followed by another in the 80th worthy winners 

We battled hard but fitness showed in the end with a bare 11. Better team on the day won. Played some good football. Well reffed by Jon Green

St day 3-7 Penwith exiles 

We kept the momentum going today with a solid win at st day, took us 15 minutes to start playing but didn’t look back after that think we went in at half time at 5.1 and coasted the second half with the final score being 7.3. St day had a couple of lively lads up top who will make life hard for a few defences in our league. 

Scorers 

Jordan Taylor 1x

Danny Earl 2x

Nathan Burt 2x

Daniel Burt 2x

Wendron United Thirds 5 Newlyn Lions 0

Wendron dominated the game for the majority of the 90 however Newlyn kept going until the end. Both teams got the ball down and played some brilliant football at times. If I'm honest, we could have been into the double figures had it not been for some superb goalkeeping and some quite poor finishing ?

I must say a massive thank you on behalf of both teams (and the League) to Premier League assistant Referee Simon Long who gave up a rare Saturday at home due to the international break to help with the shortage in the Trelawny League. It's fantastic that despite being one of the country's top assistants, he still gives back to the grassroot community. Great to have a catch up with him today. He had a very good game and was well received by both teams.

45 minutes ago, golong said:

Praze 2 - 1 perranwell (0-1) Ht  Div3. 

game of two halves. Perran take the lead through a corner and limit the home side to few chances in first 45.

2nd half praze start going more direct to their big striker who eventually sets up the equaliser through a free kick headed towards the unmarked defender to make it 1-1. A long ball over the top forces the visiting team keeper to rush off his line who fluffs the clearance leaving the praze striker to finish in a empty net, 2-1. Good luck to the season for both teams - should be there or thereabouts. 

Golong 

Thought a draw would of been a fair result we couldn’t get going first half and perrenwell will always look strong with matt rose up top. Just glad we nicked it in the end after being so unlucky against Penzance in the week where we should of took all 3 points, there keeper had a blinder and there linesman got man of match. Never mind onwards and upwards hopefully get on a bit of a run now and keep ourselves in the mix of the top 4. Thanks to perrenwell for coming back to the pub great sport as always, and good look for the rest of the season ?

Div 2

West Cornwall res - 1 (og Carl Palmer)

Illogan 3rds - 2 ( Jordan Richards and Corri Braymar)

Illogan defended well and kept West Cornwall well away from goal. 

Good game for Illogan to win and moving forwards to the next one.... 

Man of the match for Illogan- Mark Curnow.... as 16 years old this boys name is going to keep coming up.... quality boy.... 

Division 1: Newlyn NA (3) 5 -vs- 2 (0) Lanner

What a different week for NNA this week. For the first time in 53 years, the manager had a full 25 player squad to choose from. Basically, everyone who is signed on for the club this season, turned up. Marvellous. Also nice to arrive pitch-side with about half an hour to go until kick-off, and no sign of the opposition. No cones on the pitch, no club tracksuits, no sign of 3 trainers putting the opposition through their paces. Presumably, Lanner are like one of those old fashioned teams, you know, the ones that genuinely play with mates, play for enjoyment, play for each other, have fun, go out to win, but not at all costs. It is just football on a Saturday afternoon after all.

So, the grass had been cut, I had re-pegged the nets as I did not think they were pegged up to scratch, and then started collecting the footballs form the hedges, brambles and so on that had resulted from the final "warm-up" routines, only to be told by a wonderfully communicative referee that he had re-peggeed the nets for us as they were a bit crap. ?

So, kick-off, and to be fair, NNA we on it form the off. Some good football, lovely movement, confident possession and finally a goal. A rasper, AP flicking in a bullet header off the underside of the bar from a sharp cross. I think JL got the second, and a third added by TP, a scrappy affair, but they all count. HT: 3-0.

Lanner came out fighting, although NNA were 3 up, it was comfortable without being convincing, and two set pieces later, there was one goal in it (their second coming from a direct free-kick, 20 yards out, top corner screamer). It was now a tight game, but gradually NNA found their confidence again, and CM walloped one in from 25 yards, and provided a great assist for JL to bag his second. I don't think Lanner can complain too much about the result, especially the first half display from Newlyn, and I must say that the game was wonderfully refereed, and both teams made that job a lot easier for him, without the continuous moaning of groaning that usually accompanies these matches! Good luck to Lanner for the season.

6 hours ago, mbkted said:

Madron won 10 nil today and i reffed it, after consultation with with stithians secretary.  The game was played in good spirits throughout and was a joy to be involved in

I don't support either club or know you but thank you. 

I am thinking how long before this becomes the norm in the lowest divisions, qhen due to a lack of referees each game has to find a substitute referee to avoid a fixture pile-up at the end of the season? That or we have two kick-off times on Saturdays allowing some referees, if they want, to officiate at two games at say 10.30 and 2.30, or perhaps failing that, games to be fixtured and played on a Sunday morning/lunch-time.

Another choice possible is that clubs who have floodlights play the bulk of their home games mid-week. We could have games fixtured for Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights giving the floating supporter the chance to see more games and also make clubs a bit of extra income from t-hut, bar, etc to cover the cost of lights. Another idea is asking these clubs to play on a Friday evening if referees are willing.

We need to grab the nettle now before it is too late.

I think the main problem is the moaning and grumbling refs get thrown at them which is why more people aren't willing to step in and give it a go. Plus the fact that as madron manager I was under even more scrutiny as to whether or not I was favourable to my own team or not.

Luckily the game was played excellently by both teams and i think i only mucked up a couple of decisions, premier league refs do it and they are paid, so all in it was a good day all round and 20 odd lads got a game of footy.

9 minutes ago, mbkted said:

I think the main problem is the moaning and grumbling refs get thrown at them which is why more people aren't willing to step in and give it a go. Plus the fact that as madron manager I was under even more scrutiny as to whether or not I was favourable to my own team or not.

Are you the chap who took over towards the end of last season, the chap from Culdrose?

St agnes res 3 troon 3 ..aggie with 6 ..16 years olds playing today battled to get a point ..first points in a very strong league ..so good to see the youngster coming through though ..yes it will be a baptism of fire sometimes ..but hopefully we will reap the rewards ..Alex Wilson 1..Oliver keveren 2 ..

21 minutes ago, mbkted said:

Yes I am. Probably famous for all the wrong reasons 

No, just that we were saying the other day in the stand at Pz that whoever was the manager at Madron has managed to build a stronger squad than last season and that you would not be push-overs as some think. Your results are starting to prove that.

9 minutes ago, Muggy said:

It was less than five minutes left not twenty. Both managers spoke to Anita an agreed to finish the game .

Unfortunately, all abandonments have to go to committee for decision. Both clubs will be consulted and I'm sure if both say they want the result to stand, the committee will take that into consideration.

16 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

No, just that we were saying the other day in the stand at Pz that whoever was the manager at Madron has managed to build a stronger squad than last season and that you would not be push-overs as some think. Your results are starting to prove that.

Thank you.

All my hard work isn't going un noticed. 

Think we will shock a few teams this season.