Bere Alston United    3,    Bude Town    2
Holsworthy        0,    Liskeard Athletic    1
Mousehole        2,    St Dennis    2
Plymstock United    6,    Ludgvan    0
Porthleven        3,    Dobwalls    1
St Blazey        0,    Penzance    2
Wendron United    0,    Wadebridge Town    1

Torpoint Ath 5-1 Camelford 

Great turnaround at half time at The Mill to win 5-1 and our first home win of the season, from 1-0 down at half time with a Adam Sleep goal for the visitors. 

Danny Zalick to score in the 50th minute and 56th minute from the penalty spot when Gary Hird was brought down in the area. Then in the last 10 minutes Torpoint scored three goals from Sam West, Darren Hicks and James Robertson.

Torpoint 5 v 1 Camelford

Thought today was going to be be a tight game, with Camelford having a bare 11 and 9 of those being 20 and under, but never expected the game that transpired - and absolutely no excuses.

As a first for me, in this league, the referee was a young lady, who I thought had a good mature game (even whilst being assessed)  - didn't agree with some of her decisions, but that's football, she was consistent and tried to explain her decision making - her assistants were less impressive, only in that they did or gave nothing to either team.

The first half saw Camelford absolutely cutting Torpoint apart with every attack. Some will not believe, being in mind the final score, but Camelford should have been at least 5 up at halftime - (I would argue 6 or 7). The Torpoint keeper made some fantastic saves with one v one's, but bottom line is some poor final balls and decision making resulted in Camelford only scoring one.

Hearing the Torpoint team talk, they felt they had 'got out of jail' and had nothing to lose so tweaked their play and came out 'all guns blazing'. They started much stronger and scored within the first 5 of the second half - some kamikaze play on the edge of the box by some of Camelford's players saw the ball lost and a good finish to bring things level. Within 2/3 minutes Torpoint were awarded a very (very) soft penalty, which was well converted and suddenly Torpoint grabbed control of the game and took their other chances well - Camelford could still have scored 2/3 but were poor in front of goal.

Loosing is never an issue, if the team give everything, which Camelford always do - however what was disappointing today was some of the Camelford players 'disappearing' in the second half (not tracking or committing to 50/50's), which in this league simply costs you points.

The mom, as awarded by the Torpoint game sponsor, was their goal keeper - surprising for a team winning with this score, but richly deserved.

A fair reflection of the game would have probably been 8 v 7 to Camelford but I have to congratulate Torpoint, who retained belief and took their chances - good luck for the rest of the season.

St.Blazey  0-2  Penzance

Thought Penzance were deserved winners on the day although Blazey are a better side than what I saw of them last season I think? Penzance look well drilled and organised with a good shape to them. Like the wide right player Johnson, a real strong running threat and scored a fine goal to seal the game showing good pace and a finish. Some tidy little midfield players as well that keep the ball well. Blazey not a bad side but thought the player manager Stu Morgan tried to referee the game, he was on to the poor bloke from start to finish, moaning, whinging, and whining every time he was challenged. He fluffed a one on one sitter last ten minutes and I thought he was going to blame the ref for that as well!!! Can see why we’re losing referees on a weekly basis if they’ve got to put up with that crap every game for 90 minutes. Disgrace, should be setting an example. Shame as he’s not a bad player.

1 hour ago, Sticker Forever said:

St.Blazey  0-2  Penzance

Thought Penzance were deserved winners on the day although Blazey are a better side than what I saw of them last season I think? Penzance look well drilled and organised with a good shape to them. Like the wide right player Johnson, a real strong running threat and scored a fine goal to seal the game showing good pace and a finish. Some tidy little midfield players as well that keep the ball well. Blazey not a bad side but thought the player manager Stu Morgan tried to referee the game, he was on to the poor bloke from start to finish, moaning, whinging, and whining every time he was challenged. He fluffed a one on one sitter last ten minutes and I thought he was going to blame the ref for that as well!!! Can see why we’re losing referees on a weekly basis if they’ve got to put up with that crap every game for 90 minutes. Disgrace, should be setting an example. Shame as he’s not a bad player.

For the time I was there watching, thought Morgan was a very greedy player.

2 hours ago, Sticker Forever said:

St.Blazey  0-2  Penzance

44 minutes ago, paul pearce said:

For the time I was there watching, thought Morgan was a very greedy player.

Well, we were all in a ground together & didn't even stop for a Spritzer together!  I thought Blazey were dominant until having a player sent off, Penzance looked vunerable with a lot of balls getting in to the box but the keeper collecting well. Blazey hit the bar & post & were riding high until a silly challenge which led to a sending off. Second half chances both ends but Penzance recorded the win. The contrasting Centre backs for each side created some laughs amongst the few supporters there, Blazey having a big bauld 'wrestler' at the back, so big his top looked a spray on! Then for Pz their number 5 was like a Sumo wrestler, big pot belly & was running with what looked like a piano strapped to his back!! Awful start to the season for St.Blazey, one fan asking if they have ever been so low in the standings in Senior football? One for the stats ! 

So a point ahead of last season's total Dave after 5 games? Maybe after their 6th game it might be .... Heard someone say it's away to Plymstock next, that's not a Gimme ....

Blimey after all the success at Blaise Park over the years, to be playing Plymstock away next & it not being a 'Gimme' must get a few ex players/official's backs up.

10 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Well, we were all in a ground together & didn't even stop for a Spritzer together!  I thought Blazey were dominant until having a player sent off, Penzance looked vunerable with a lot of balls getting in to the box but the keeper collecting well. Blazey hit the bar & post & were riding high until a silly challenge which led to a sending off. Second half chances both ends but Penzance recorded the win. The contrasting Centre backs for each side created some laughs amongst the few supporters there, Blazey having a big bauld 'wrestler' at the back, so big his top looked a spray on! Then for Pz their number 5 was like a Sumo wrestler, big pot belly & was running with what looked like a piano strapped to his back!! Awful start to the season for St.Blazey, one fan asking if they have ever been so low in the standings in Senior football? One for the stats ! 

That number 5 looked very familiar, can't put a name to the face. Wether he was carrying a piano or not, he won most things in the air. And most of all, Morgan couldn't get the better of him. Regarding size, their goal keeper made some good saves and even Bodmin number 9 is now scoring goals. Both build like brick out houses 

Mousehole 2 - 2 St Dennis

First time watching Mousehole this season. Dominated possession from start to finish of the match. Found a very well organised St Dennis team hard to break down. St Dennis went ahead against the run of play, a very tidy finish in off the post. Stayed that way until HT. 

Mousehole got themselves on level terms with a cracking finish from a tight angle and then looked there was going to be only one winner. Half way through the half mousehole made it 2-1 with a tidy one on one finish. 

To their credit St Dennis shuffled the team around and looked dangerous on the break. They managed to get on level terms in the last ten. Lovely free kick into the box, free header 2-2. 

Mousehole tried to find a winner and pushed but couldn’t find the opening FT 2-2. 

Mousehole will see it as 2 points dropped and St Dennis as a point gained. 

St Dennis players dead on their feet at the full time whistle. Management team will be very proud of there performance I’m sure, as they put a shift in today from back to front. 

15 hours ago, Sticker Forever said:

St.Blazey  0-2  Penzance

Sending off definitely changed the game, crazy bad tackle. Even though Blazey coped well without Rendle for most of the 2nd half, his absence was felt at the end with the players looking exhausted. That's 3 games in a row that Blazey have had to cope with having a player being sent off. Blazey have got to sort out this discipline problem as all 3 were avoidable. Thought Vooghts looked comfortable in his centre half role. Also got fed up with Morgan's constant moaning to the ref. Penzance number 6 was also pretty good at that , so annoying to watch.

36 minutes ago, Iand said:

Sending off definitely changed the game, crazy bad tackle. Even though Blazey coped well without Rendle for most of the 2nd half, his absence was felt at the end with the players looking exhausted. That's 3 games in a row that Blazey have had to cope with having a player being sent off. Blazey have got to sort out this discipline problem as all 3 were avoidable. Thought Vooghts looked comfortable in his centre half role. Also got fed up with Morgan's constant moaning to the ref. Penzance number 6 was also pretty good at that , so annoying to watch.

Exmouth Town 4 Newquay 0 att 135

The 4-0 score line flattered town a little. Newquay started brightly, but never really created much. A great 25 yard effort by Jimmy Hinds was the difference between the teams at half time. Town created a number of chances in the second half and goals from Mark Lever and a brace from Ace High was enough to put the game to bed .Looking forward to Saltash on Wednesday now.

12 minutes ago, PzFan said:

Good to see Penzance starting well this season. I seem to recall LeedsUnited thinking that Mousehole would finish 30 points above us! Can't see that happening. Frazer Cadman is doing a good job so far, keep it up Magpies.

Mousehole or Liskeard will win that league, my opinions have not changed. Could possibly be wrong but only my opinion. Anyway, with the formation of the Cornwall League this season is a write off anyway

From what I saw yesterday Mark 'Cheesy' Vercesi or 'Money' Mark as we used to effectionally call him is the Monkey, the one making the decision's, but didn't want the formal title of manager as didn't want the hassle of arranging training, players etc. Either way, seems to be working 5 games in, unlike it is for Stew 'pot' Morgan at Blazey. 

On 08/09/2018 at 19:45, Sticker Forever said:

St.Blazey  0-2  Penzance

I not to sure which game you were watching to say that Penzance where deserved winners, Blazey created a lot more chances than Penzance did, even when down to 10 men, can’t remember seeing that Blazey stand in keeper forced into a save and the Penzance keeper did very well to keep a few of the efforts out

Watching the same game as you with a different opinion obviously. looks like you were watching through rose tinted Blazey spectacles!! What about the 3 sitters that Penzance missed in the second half!? Blazey the better side first half, with Penzance taking over in the second and could have even been more I thought? Apart from the sitter Morgan hit weakly at the keeper in the last fifteen minutes I cant quite remember all these chances you were creating? Funny old game what people see!? Maybe Paul might give his opinion, seems a honest chap where Blazey are concerned. Great clubman as well, Blaise Park looking nice these days I thought, credit where its due.

Thankyou Sticker forever. Personally enjoying the challenge along with the rest of the helpers to get Blaise Park back to being a ground people want to watch football and players want to play on. 

As for the football, we looked a good side before the red card. Missed chances cost us. Some excellent balls into the box from Josh Harris on another day would have seen us score 3 or 4. The game changer was obvious. Another red card at 0v0. 3 red cards in a row and all 3 of the most pointless youll ever see. They are what have cost us so badly. The second half Pz got the early goal and made the extra man count. Blaise Park is a big pitch and they made the extra man really count. Their passing left us chasing shadows a bit. 

Injurys, suspensions mounting up already and having a different side each week isnt helping. 

Three tricky away games now at Plymstock, Dobwalls and Mousehole. 

Stuart Morgan is still the man to take the club forward. No doubt about that at all. 

Roll on Saturday. 

5 hours ago, Paul said:

Not a problem with 11 men. 

Have to learn to deal with match situations Paul, game management. Tricky fixture again for St.Blazey on the weekend, big pressure on the management staff if suffer another defeat this weekend. Poor old Brian Brokey would be shaking his head in disgust at the recent run if he were still here. God bless. 

On 10/09/2018 at 23:55, Paul said:

Thankyou Sticker forever. Personally enjoying the challenge along with the rest of the helpers to get Blaise Park back to being a ground people want to watch football and players want to play on. 

As for the football, we looked a good side before the red card. Missed chances cost us. Some excellent balls into the box from Josh Harris on another day would have seen us score 3 or 4. The game changer was obvious. Another red card at 0v0. 3 red cards in a row and all 3 of the most pointless youll ever see. They are what have cost us so badly. The second half Pz got the early goal and made the extra man count. Blaise Park is a big pitch and they made the extra man really count. Their passing left us chasing shadows a bit. 

Injurys, suspensions mounting up already and having a different side each week isnt helping. 

Three tricky away games now at Plymstock, Dobwalls and Mousehole. 

Stuart Morgan is still the man to take the club forward. No doubt about that at all. 

Roll on Saturday. 

All the best re turning things around. Hopefully Pz and Blazey will be part of the new senior league, whatever it's called.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

You might get a few bigger crowds. 

Yeah maybe Paul, one thing's for sure though, we might not play you to many times as if you carry on down the slide your on,  your first team will be playing Junior football ? 

If your getting spanked now, imagine your scorelines against Saltash, St.Austell, Bodmin etc 

18 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Yeah maybe Paul, one thing's for sure though, we might not play you to many times as if you carry on down the slide your on,  your first team will be playing Junior football ? 

If your getting spanked now, imagine your scorelines against Saltash, St.Austell, Bodmin etc 

Or Falmouth considering how they have spanked Bodmin the last two games? There wasn't too many comments from Leeds about how  "worried" he was about other clubs after those games!