Cornwall Football Forum

2000 Game Milestone

CTB tells me that St Just play their  2000th Combination League game against Perranporth on 15th September. Presumably. The Tiinners being the only ever present club since the league's formation in 1959., this total will never he matched, given next year's league reconstructions. Would I be correct that the Tinners gave also amalgamated more league points since 1959 than any other club ?

There is an "all-time table" here : http://www.cornwallcomboleague.co.uk/alltimelist.htm which gives the total number of points as if every season was on a 2 points for a win basis, and if every season was on 3 points for a win, but the number of actual accumulated points is not shown!

There must be an error on the table, the total number of draws is shown as 3061 - surely it must be an even number?

6 minutes ago, Richard Rundle said:

There is an "all-time table" here : http://www.cornwallcomboleague.co.uk/alltimelist.htm which gives the total number of points as if every season was on a 2 points for a win basis, and if every season was on 3 points for a win, but the number of actual accumulated points is not shown!

There must be an error on the table, the total number of draws is shown as 3061 - surely it must be an even number?

Agreed, somewhere I have picked up an extra win!

That all-time table- I have never bothered to work out points won under 2 for a win plus adding on since it was 3 for a win. I have worked it out for either. The reason, some clubs were only in the league when it was 2 points and some when only 3. I did it either/or so I could complete the final column of percentage of points the clubs have attained. 

Have you seen this page, The Greatest Club? Which club had highest percentage record whilst in the league not including clubs who have spent only one season in the league.

http://www.cornwallcomboleague.co.uk/greatestclub.htm

CTB , can you just confirm that Perranporth game is definitely the 2000th despite the recent postponement of our scheduled game against Helston ? Thanks.

12 minutes ago, Keith B said:

Wow - some interesting statistics here. Well done Perranwell and a few others too. Interesting reading CTB.

After a look at thus site , St Just appear to be the highest ever point scorers, whether a win is worth 2 of 3 points. However, we gave only played 6 in the league so far. Which suggests 2997, in which case the Perranporth game us only the 1999th.

1 hour ago, isaac rosenberg said:

CTB , can you just confirm that Perranporth game is definitely the 2000th despite the recent postponement of our scheduled game against Helston ? Thanks.

After a look at thus site , St Just appear to be the highest ever point scorers, whether a win is worth 2 of 3 points. However, we gave only played 6 in the league so far. Which suggests 2997, in which case the Perranporth game us only the 1999th.

Sorry Rodney, you are right as I was counting back preseason when I worked it out for Mr Roberts to give you a home match. Because of that postponement your 2000th LEAGUE game is now the home game to Falmouth Town Reserves on 29th September. at the moment you are on 1997. Would be more but games called off and not played in the old days reduced your total.  

1 hour ago, stevieb said:

Don't change Older you always make me smile ?

I always open my mouth and put my foot in it naturally, Older. I once had to ring up the Ministry of Agriculture with concerns about the soread of infection. We were a bit short for a semi -final. The Penzance committee were out spreading straw till three in the morning as a result. Happy Days.