Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League Results and Table - Saturday 8th September 2018

5 hours ago, Spectator92 said:

Well after watching the Carharrack vs St day oops I mean Penryn vs St day this afternoon

A lot has been said about The game already today at Penryn but as for the Ref I think he needs to be Reviewed and as for the lino for Penryn well that’s another story . Put the flag up numerous of times for “offside” When the player clearly ran past the Penryn defensive and the flag was straight up . Not sure if the lino could see across the other side of the pitch . The flag needs to be taken of him and he needs to go get a job at Asda stacking shelves ?

St Day beaten by pace and movement, not the referee, or the linesman.......pace and movement.

And you need to clean your glasses.

Back to the football Hayle lost a tight game 3-2 away to Helston , Helston started off the better and were pressing Hayle back , and took an early lead Hayle levelled with some Heslston hesitation  in the box between the keeper and the defence  and Chris Goodall  got between both and managed to head in , some more Helston pressure  but Hayle slowly got back in the game and the Helston keeper made a couple of cracking saves , half time level , second half Hayle were the better team in the early exchanges and took the lead , through Kane Williams bundling the ball , Hayle were on top but could not put the game to bed with about twenty to go Helston started to press Hayle further back and got an equaliser  , game was a bit open with both teams creating chances late on Helston scored the third and It was to late for Hayle to reply . In my opinion a draw would have been a fair result ..  but credit to Helston they  kept pressing  and took the points , good crowd ,  great facilities , and Helston so far are the best footballing side Hayle have played this season , pity about the result  but another good game of football on display .

17 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

St Day beaten by pace and movement, not the referee, or the linesman.......pace and movement.

And you need to clean your glasses.

I didn’t state anywhere in my comment that StDay didn’t get the result they wanted due to the ref or linesman? ?

I don’t need to wear glasses pal ?

8 hours ago, Spectator92 said:

I didn’t state anywhere in my comment that StDay didn’t get the result they wanted due to the ref or linesman? ?

I don’t need to wear glasses pal ?

Read your own post again, intimation I would call it. 

And, well referee'd  as the game was played in a good spirit, with not a lot for the ref to deal with. 

Penryn lino, top class, and is known for his fairness, and lack of controversial decisions. 

So - yes - clean your glasses, or get some.... simples. 

8 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Is there any truth in the rumour that Joff Malabar may have resigned his role?

That was said in the clubhouse after the game. 

St Day stayed a fair while after the game, and what looked to be a bit of a meeting took place with the squad and officials outside afterwards, so may well be true. 

I come on this site to read the reports about the local games and see who is beating who and all the topic consists of is the repetitive slagging off of the same teams and its players moving from one club to another. Am I the only one that finds it boring and childish? No wonder football is declining both on and off the pitch in Cornwall. If I was a youngster considering starting to play adult football an read this, then I would run a mile. Come on guys, lets talk about the football. Does it really matter who is playing for who and who is getting paid? Stop all the carping. I'm sure there are skeletons in everyone's closet so the holier-than-thou attitude is a little ironic!!!

Administrators - can't you do something to stop all this non football clap-trap???

37 minutes ago, le boss said:

I come on this site to read the reports about the local games and see who is beating who and all the topic consists of is the repetitive slagging off of the same teams and its players moving from one club to another. Am I the only one that finds it boring and childish? No wonder football is declining both on and off the pitch in Cornwall. If I was a youngster considering starting to play adult football an read this, then I would run a mile. Come on guys, lets talk about the football. Does it really matter who is playing for who and who is getting paid? Stop all the carping. I'm sure there are skeletons in everyone's closet so the holier-than-thou attitude is a little ironic!!!

Administrators - can't you do something to stop all this non football clap-trap???

Well said le boss

To many people on this forum find someone else to blame just because things don't go there way. Football is a funny old game!!

St Agnes 1-4 Illogan RBL

Always enjoy my annual visit to St Agnes, and yesterday was no exception. Some excellent goals and nice to see a match where both teams almost always accepted the referee's decisions and neither manager was constantly shouting and ranting trying to influence the man in black.

Illogan's first goal was a cross from the right by their young winger, it skimmed the near post. hit the back post and went in.

St Agnes equalised just after the break with a powerful header from a right sided corner

Illogan's second was the pick of the five, a superb one touch passing move through the middle of the pitch finished off with applomb, and their third was a beautiful curling free kick from not far outside the box, and finished it off right before the end.

3 hours ago, le boss said:

Fully agree with you le boss. Regrettably its like it this weekend across all the forums!

Perhaps need to consider for example on the "Results/Reports" threads deleting any that start going off on a tangent and don't stick to the subject. Those contributors that want to talk about other things should then start new threads.

So what trigger words, phrases or subjects should receive instant deletion from a results thread (red card)?

Let's see and start things off, but please feel free to add your own suggestions:-

Phrases -

"It's not for me to criticise a referee, but....."

"Is there any truth in the rumour"

"village idiot"

Words - "Money"; "Glasses"; "Budget"

Think it should be left to the discretion of the administrators. Don't feel there is any need to comment on the referee's participation in any report on a game. If a post is not solely about the game then out it goes?? Sorry to the wind-up merchants and the petulant children who only want to criticise but most of us are bored now.

1 hour ago, Richard Rundle said:

St Agnes 1-4 Illogan RBL

Always enjoy my annual visit to St Agnes, and yesterday was no exception. Some excellent goals and nice to see a match where both teams almost always accepted the referee's decisions and neither manager was constantly shouting and ranting trying to influence the man in black.

Illogan's first goal was a cross from the right by their young winger, it skimmed the near post. hit the back post and went in.

St Agnes equalised just after the break with a powerful header from a right sided corner

Illogan's second was the pick of the five, a superb one touch passing move through the middle of the pitch finished off with applomb, and their third was a beautiful curling free kick from not far outside the box, and finished it off right before the end.

Illogan’s 2nd Goal was the freekick 

59 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

So what trigger words, phrases or subjects should receive instant deletion from a results thread (red card)?

Let's see and start things off, but please feel free to add your own suggestions:-

Phrases -

"It's not for me to criticise a referee, but....."

"Is there any truth in the rumour"

"village idiot"

Words - "Money"; "Glasses"; "Budget"

Le boss? 

Regarding yesterday's match, Penryn v St Day. 

Firstly, credit where it's due! We didn't lose to a poor team, we lost to a title contender, who played some very impressive football. They played a back 3, who spread wide to receive the ball from the keeper, or create the space to play through the middle & build their attack from there. 

But, we allowed them to play that way, missing 4, maybe 5 players we had to play one or two out of position, especially the wingbacks, also playing somebody with an injury in our back line, hence he came off injured after 20 minutes. 

For the first 10-15 minutes we were competitive and missed 3 good chances, Penryn went up the other end and did what what we couldn't and scored a simple, but well worked goal, followed quickly by two further goals, which effectively sealed the game. 

We didn't get the rub of the green with one or two decisions, especially on the line, but everybody makes mistakes and I don't think they would have had a huge affect on the outcome of the match. 

They say you learn a lot more in defeat, than in victory. So we have to regroup and learn from our mistakes, especially as we still have over 30 league games left to play. 

1 hour ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Quickest bite ever... Lol

I find the forum fine, if it strays of course, I just read over it.... works for me. 

??

1 hour ago, Rob Hosking said:

Firstly, credit where it's due! We didn't lose to a poor team, we lost to a title contender, who played some very impressive football. They played a back 3, who spread wide to receive the ball from the keeper, or create the space to play through the middle & build their attack from there. 

But, we allowed them to play that way, missing 4, maybe 5 players we had to play one or two out of position, especially the wingbacks, also playing somebody with an injury in our back line, hence he came off injured after 20 minutes. 

For the first 10-15 minutes we were competitive and missed 3 good chances, Penryn went up the other end and did what what we couldn't and scored a simple, but well worked goal, followed quickly by two further goals, which effectively sealed the game. 

We didn't get the rub of the green with one or two decisions, especially on the line, but everybody makes mistakes and I don't think they would have had a huge affect on the outcome of the match. 

They say you learn a lot more in defeat, than in victory. So we have to regroup and learn from our mistakes, especially as we still have over 30 league games left to play. 

At last someone with some sense spot on mate ??

4 hours ago, Rob Hosking said:

Has the manager quit ????

19 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Go back and read my posts, never berated anyone, rather had a good laugh with them.

To the point where there is now a face book group (those players) called.......penfal.

They understood the meaning of my posts - you - did not.

Probably tongue in cheek as they departed and gone on to better things . Penryn has for as long as I know had people with Penryn roots and that stability is needed in today’s game .... maybe you will do with the current manager but only time will tell 

its a ridiculous argument......and it only stems from jealousy.

look at every team in the league/county.......PLAYERS MOVE AROUND!!! always have always will.

Falmouth to Penryn

Porthleven to Helston

Redruth to St Day

Perranporth to St Agnes.......and so on and so on!

its part and parcel of local football........its part of national football...........very few one club men about!

just seems its only OK if its happening to your club and success is coming your way, if not the green mist falls!

The only people who really lose out are the long suffering committies that are left to pick up the pieces. Not moaning just a fact.good luck to all clubs this year, apparently we all love football. Simple fact is not enough players for the amount of clubs and if you have better facilities you will attract players easier.

11 minutes ago, Postman Pat said:

The only people who really lose out are the long suffering committies that are left to pick up the pieces. Not moaning just a fact.good luck to all clubs this year, apparently we all love football. Simple fact is not enough players for the amount of clubs and if you have better facilities you will attract players easier.

Well said ,  I think most club's at sometime have brought in a manager who has brought players with them  ,, but when they leave  the players move as well  leaving the club in a mess and  some local lads have had their  nose put out of joint and won't come back either , many moons ago when running a team I was approached by another manager  sounding out if they would be welcome to join our club but kept together , at the time I informed him with backing from the committee that they were welcome to come  but selection of players was down to managers e.g. if they were good enough to play first team that was where they would play ,  the manager and players never did come , wasn't surprised at that time .