Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League Results and Table - Saturday 8th September 2018

Results for 
Saturday 8th September 2018 
Falmouth Town Reserves (Oscar Fergus-Gay 3, Ben Kellow 3, Kain Thomas 2, Fraser Harris, Sam Pickup, Gavin Perraton, Jackson Penhallurick, Rhys Allen, OG) 14-1 Carharrack (Jamie Shaw) 
Att - 55
Helston Athletic Reserves (Joe Wright 3) 3-2 Hayle (Chris Goodall, Kane Williams) 
Att - 85
Lizard Argyle 0-1 Perranwell (James Davies)
Att - 80
Mullion 0-3 St Just (Jack Willis 3) 
Att - 25
Penryn Athletic (James Daniel 3, Ryan Reeve 3, Harry Roberts) 7-1 St Day (Luke Hart) 
Att - 76
Perranporth (Luke Wort 3, Jakob Springall 2) 5-1 Porthleven Reserves (Jack Price)
Att - 50
RNAS Culdrose (Dylan Plenty, Riley Handforth) 2-1 Pendeen Rovers (Silas Sullivan) 
Att - 10
Redruth United (Simon James) 1-1 West Cornwall (Robbie Condie) 
Att - 30
St Agnes (Mike Burn) 1-4 Illogan RBL (Jack Adams, Dominic Batchelor, Steve Abbott-Smith, Anton Oliver) 
Att - 80
St Ives Town (Dan Magee 2, Matt fox 2, Trystan Lambert) 5-1 Wendron United Reserves (Lucas Potts)
Att - 25

8/9/16
POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS
1 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 7 6 1 0 34 7 27 19
2 PERRANPORTH 8 6 1 1 20 7 13 19
3 HELSTON ATHLETIC RESERVES 7 6 0 1 31 9 22 18
4 ST DAY 9 5 2 2 23 19 4 17
5 ST IVES TOWN 7 4 2 1 14 4 10 14
6 PENRYN ATHLETIC 6 4 1 1 23 4 19 13
7 ILLOGAN RBL 8 4 1 3 24 12 12 13
8 ST JUST 7 4 1 2 22 13 9 13
9 HAYLE 6 4 0 2 22 7 15 12
10 LIZARD ARGYLE 7 3 1 3 19 8 11 10
11 PENDEEN ROVERS 7 3 0 4 20 15 5 9
12 PERRANWELL 6 3 0 3 7 7 0 9
13 MULLION 7 3 0 4 7 13 -6 9
14 ST AGNES 8 2 2 4 18 23 -5 8
15 WENDRON UNITED RESERVES 8 1 2 5 13 26 -13 5
16 RNAS CULDROSE 3 1 1 1 5 7 -2 4
17 WEST CORNWALL 7 1 1 5 7 33 -26 4
18 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 8 1 0 7 16 41 -25 3
19 REDRUTH UNITED 7 0 1 6 5 38 -33 1
20 CARHARRACK 6 0 1 5 8 45 -37 1

8 hours ago, BAGMAN said:

Penryn v St Day looks tasty as well as Helston v Hayle, 4 teams that will challenge no doubt come May. Hearing also that Tyler Oliver has decided to play full time for St Day rather than Helston first team? Interesting considering St Day don’t splash the ££??

Lot's of players just rather play with their mates nowadays rather than the highest level they can. You have Penrith, Titan's and lot's of other team's who have player's playing two or three league's lower because they enjoy it more.

1 hour ago, Alf said:

Lot's of players just rather play with their mates nowadays rather than the highest level they can. You have Penrith, Titan's and lot's of other team's who have player's playing two or three league's lower because they enjoy it more.

Is it the enjoyment or the 'easy route'? Surely it's better to push yourself to play at the highest level possible and then once you approach the 'twilight' of your career then play with your mates and have a laugh? If they're really your mates they'll always be so and they shouldn't criticise you for extending yourself at a better standard. As an ex-player reflecting on my football journey, I know I'm glad I took the path I did. Just a thought.

2 hours ago, Alf said:

Penrith play in the Northern Football League, up behind Hunter Hall School, just past the Frenchfield Sports Centre. 

10 hours ago, BAGMAN said:

Penryn v St Day looks tasty as well as Helston v Hayle, 4 teams that will challenge no doubt come May. Hearing also that Tyler Oliver has decided to play full time for St Day rather than Helston first team? Interesting considering St Day don’t splash the ££??

St Day don't splash the cash? You're having a laugh aren't you. Dished out more Brown envelopes than postman pat. 

12 hours ago, BAGMAN said:

I’d imagine the £40 he got to play against Hayle helped get the deal over the line. No splashing of the cash down St Day though! 

Look at the Penryn team now, they have moved from club to club and stay together because they are mate's, half of them could have played higher years ago. Luke Wort is another player who could have played hight. Lot's just want to enjoy rather than see how far they can go in football. Each to there own, I believe in playing at the highest level you can.

Penryn 7 - 1 StDay, not a great performance from st day, certainly showed in the result. A lot of key players missing due to work, injury and suspension. Absolutely disgusting behaviour from Penryns manager and the subs, considering they were miles ahead into a win. Resulted in a penryn sub being yellow carded due to tripping up a St Day player before taking a throw. 

Wouldn’t expect any less coming from ex Carharrack players and of course their muppet of a manger. 

29 minutes ago, CornishFan95 said:

Penryn 7 - 1 StDay, not a great performance from st day, certainly showed in the result. A lot of key players missing due to work, injury and suspension. Absolutely disgusting behaviour from Penryns manager and the subs, considering they were miles ahead into a win. Resulted in a penryn sub being yellow carded due to tripping up a St Day player before taking a throw. 

Wouldn’t expect any less coming from ex Carharrack players and of course their muppet of a manger. 

Were st day missing more than Penryn today? For me, st day had all their main players today, maybe missing 1 or 2 fringe players. And as for the ‘disgusting behaviour’ you refer to, you mean the ONE incident the ball ended up in the Penryn dugout and they tried to delay a st day throw in? Happens every game in every league. Penryn very very good. st day not at their best but expected them to be more competitive. Good game. 

1 minute ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Penryn 7 St Day 1

Attendance 81

Interesting match older sorry I didn’t catch up with you pal . ?

I caught up with who I needed to though . Well done on your win Pal. 

St Day missed Jake williams  & Jacob cleverly & a busy billy williams in the middle ( I think names are correct ) however Penryn never let them settle for a second. In my opinion first 10 mins St Day could have put it to bed missing two or three great chances to score then it swung completely the other way & Penryn did the same but to a much better percentage by scoring 3 . Saints pulled one back on the half & St day must have thought it may change in the second half but Penryn only side in it second half . Man of the match & nice lad Ryan Reeve glad he stayed  lost count how many he had or played a part in . As for muppet of a manager I’m not arguing there cornishfan95 but he’s smiling tonight though . Perish the thought ?

55 minutes ago, CornishFan95 said:

Nice to see st day bring the village idiot with them to watch the game today!!!

Well after watching the Carharrack vs St day oops I mean Penryn vs St day this afternoon

A lot has been said about The game already today at Penryn but as for the Ref I think he needs to be Reviewed and as for the lino for Penryn well that’s another story . Put the flag up numerous of times for “offside” When the player clearly ran past the Penryn defensive and the flag was straight up . Not sure if the lino could see across the other side of the pitch . The flag needs to be taken of him and he needs to go get a job at Asda stacking shelves ?

6 minutes ago, MARKSY said:

St Day missed Jake williams  & Jacob cleverly & a busy billy williams in the middle ( I think names are correct ) however Penryn never let them settle for a second. In my opinion first 10 mins St Day could have put it to bed missing two or three great chances to score then it swung completely the other way & Penryn did the same but to a much better percentage by scoring 3 . Saints pulled one back on the half & St day must have thought it may change in the second half but Penryn only side in it second half . Man of the match & nice lad Ryan Reeve glad he stayed  lost count how many he had or played a part in . As for muppet of a manager I’m not arguing there cornishfan95 but he’s smiling tonight though . Perish the thought ?

I think I know the lad billy Williams, good player, but I don’t think he would’ve made a difference today, for 1 he needs to have the ball and 2 he needs to pass forward! 

1 hour ago, CornishFan95 said:

Sour grapes? 

22 minutes ago, MARKSY said:

Didn’t get a chance to speak Marksy but this new photography malarkey is doing you good, looked like you lost a couple of pounds.

6 minutes ago, Paul C said:

Didn’t get a chance to speak Marksy but this new photography malarkey is doing you good, looked like you lost a couple of pounds.

No I was wearing black apparently it makes you look slim ? As for my pic it’s clear as can be . ?

27 minutes ago, InBrendanWeTrust said:

I think I know the lad billy Williams, good player, but I don’t think he would’ve made a difference today, for 1 he needs to have the ball and 2 he needs to pass forward! 

Well to be fair I said three players not one ?

Falmouth Town Reserves 14, Carharrack 1

Ouch! Not a pretty sight. Don't think I've EVER seen or taken part in a game with 15 goals. Men against boys, or rather a good Combo side against an average Junior side. You could see how the coaching at Carharrack has had some positive effects - until the first goal went in in the 9th minute. Good pressing and closing down from the start until the goal, but then the playground football broke out with most players forgetting everything the coaches are trying to teach them about marking, jockeying, shape, positional play, tackling - some goals due to rank bad play, some well-worked goals. The ref was poor, so just as well this wasn't a one-niller where such reffing could prove decisive. Bearded geezer on the Falmouth bench thought the ref had a good game! Carharrack number 17 charging around like a bull, got a yellow when he might have been given a red - no problem with that decision, it could have been called differently by any ref - but then the guy did another yellow-card tackle but got a talking-to.

The goals were in minutes 9, 11, 18, 30, 36, 47, 58, 60, 63, 67, 75, 80, 86 (pen), 87; but no clean sheet as Carharrack started their come-back in the 90th minute! deserved to have a goal or two but Falmouth's keeper did make 3 0r 4 good stops.

Question: why did Carharrack not play in their red strip? Surely an away strip isn't now compulsory in the Combo? Or is it?! And why are they on MINUS 3 points? Have they been docked FOUR points?

Nice hot choc at half time, £1. Top marks to the catering staff!

44 minutes ago, Cornish Dave said:

St day with a big budget getting spanked 7-1 haha yeah must be the refs fault. Think you need to spend more money guys 

Same old things being said every season been playing at st day for 4 seasons, never seen any money pass hands, I for one sponsor the club. Being self employed have put hours into doing jobs for the club. Not everyone plays for money we play because We want to play for the club. 

Come up with some new stuff to stir the pot with ??

Jesus, I don't know who to quote. Penryn 7-1 St Day. Not 2-1, not 1-0, SEVEN ONE. & yet everyone wants to talk about Harry Pope or a sub that stopped a throw in being taken. Get a grip lads. Worry about why St Day conceded 7 rather than whether or not you like the Penryn manager. 

10 minutes ago, Roy D said:

Jesus, I don't know who to quote. Penryn 7-1 St Day. Not 2-1, not 1-0, SEVEN ONE. & yet everyone wants to talk about Harry Pope or a sub that stopped a throw in being taken. Get a grip lads. Worry about why St Day conceded 7 rather than whether or not you like the Penryn manager. 

Thank you for clarifying the score in capitals, it emphasises the unfortunate defeat. I’m not worried about it sweetheart ?

Thanks Pat, cheers mate that would be great. Just a quick text if thats ok maybe by 6pm latest? 07455987850 or on the forum whatever is best for you really ?️ Also Thanks Paul, i should be on Facebook really but I’ve had a bit of a colourful life with some “friends” I don’t want to dig up!!! ??

Lizard Argyle 0 The Well 1 - game of attrition with not much to choose between the sides until the 87th minute when a good move down the right left James Davies for The Well in space for a clinical finish. Not much more to say really, thank you to the Lizard for your hospitality and great pasta and garlic bread after the match ? best away food so far this season!

So to sum up the St Day loss today none of the players are to be blamed, the blame is to be placed on the referee the assistant referee the Penryn manager oh and one of the penryn subs and of course the regular excuse when they lose players missing and it's only Saturday I'm sure there's a few more excuses to come yet 

1 hour ago, Roy D said:

Very true

No excuse, Penryn the better side by far, St.Day can only look what went wrong and improve on it.

4 hours ago, CornishFan95 said:

I used to enjoy going to Penryn but it’s not going to be the same now as they used to build there teams on local guys and yes the current manager isn’t everyone’s friend. ?

6 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

I used to enjoy going to Penryn but it’s not going to be the same now as they used to build there teams on local guys and yes the current manager isn’t everyone’s friend. ?

Most of them are from Truro, they’re closer to home than when they were at carharrack. Did you used to enjoy playing carharrack aswell?

21 minutes ago, Maler10 said:

On the subjects of lino’s I witnessed porthlevans manager/Lino literally telling his players to step up step up ? and constant coaching from running the line ???? was pretty comical 

If I was the manager and had to run the line I also would be speaking to my team. 

1 hour ago, Ronaldo said:

I said Penryn used to get there players locally not mentioned Carharrack did I ? only the manager who seems to be not everyone’s fav guy ?

And Older used to come on here and berate those who left Penryn to go to Falmouth ... How the tide does turn . ?

Go back and read my posts, never berated anyone, rather had a good laugh with them.

To the point where there is now a face book group (those players) called.......penfal.

They understood the meaning of my posts - you - did not.