Saltash United 1, Launceston 1 
Tavistock 2, Plymouth Argyle 1 

DIVISION ONE EAST 
Budleigh Salterton 0, St Martins 1 
Sidmouth Town 5, University of Exeter 1 

DIVISION ONE WEST 
Penzance 5, Ludgvan 0 
Porthleven 3, Mousehole 2

Great result for portleven especially  kevin richards .?

A bloody good result for Porthleven that! Wouldnt have thought anyone wouldve thought theyd beat Mousehole... and im sure some thought Mousehole were unbeatable. Kevin Richards must be delighted to have got one over on his old side, following his bizarre sacking having gone countless games unbeaten and were in cup finals/semi finals. 

Also, a side note, cracking to see Ludgvan able to fulfill the fixtures as stated, a lovely club with cracking facilities and im sure some sides will go down 5-0 to Penzance with a full strength side this year

Porthleven v mousehole 

The game was a great watch last night with both teams going for it and with a lot of good players on show. I felt the ref didn’t have a very strong game and could have spoiled it at times, but both linesmen were fair to both teams throughout.

Porthleven set up with a 442 

Mousehole with a 433 wide I think

The contest saw some good defending from Porthleven throughout the first half and that allowed them to capitalise on a mistake and take the lead. The ref then had a moment of madness and gave a pen to mousehole however that was subsequently saved. The second half started quick with Porthleven scoring within minutes of the restart. Mousehole then stepped up the pressure and with a change in formation and a sub saw them get back in the game with two goals. This then prompted a formation change from Porthleven and some fresh legs in midfield. With the contest looking like Mousehole should go on to win Porthleven increased there intensity and pressured the ball again saw them force a mistake out of the very good mousehole left back who hand balled in the box. The penalty was converted and a renewed Porthleven held out for the win.

Over the 90 minuets I felt Porthleven deserved the win with there overall performance.

MoM Jason Roberson 

Agree with most of No 5's post. Firstly good to see Alan and Kevin giving a debut to young Jack Price stepping up from Combination football and subsequently slotting in the first goal for Port. The first of many hopefully. The first penalty was comical. Jason safely had the ball in his hands when Gerans James decided to 'make a nuisance himself'. Jason brushed him off and James fell like a sack of spuds. By the letter of the law I would say that the referee was right to give the penalty because Jason raised his hands. Other referees, I feel, would have told James to get up and stop acting like a clown. Justice was done, however, when Jason saved the penalty anyway. You have to say that Mousehole's style of play is very 'professional' with close , intricate passing, with some very pacy forwards, all having a tendency to fall down rather easily squealing like a pig as they went. Too much influence from the professional game perhaps? Port's penalty was a bit funny too. Paulo, the Mousehole left back, inexplicably decided to play basketball under no pressure and ex-Mousehole player, Jordan Adlard, confidently put the penalty away. Mousehole will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season but if Port carry on like this they may be in with a shout too. Long way to go though.

Agree Jason Robertson MoM. Confident throughout and other than a great penalty save pulled off one save late in the second half which was outstanding.

On 06/09/2018 at 09:44, footienut said:

Agree with most of No 5's post. Firstly good to see Alan and Kevin giving a debut to young Jack Price stepping up from Combination football and subsequently slotting in the first goal for Port. The first of many hopefully. The first penalty was comical. Jason safely had the ball in his hands when Gerans James decided to 'make a nuisance himself'. Jason brushed him off and James fell like a sack of spuds. By the letter of the law I would say that the referee was right to give the penalty because Jason raised his hands. Other referees, I feel, would have told James to get up and stop acting like a clown. Justice was done, however, when Jason saved the penalty anyway. You have to say that Mousehole's style of play is very 'professional' with close , intricate passing, with some very pacy forwards, all having a tendency to fall down rather easily squealing like a pig as they went. Too much influence from the professional game perhaps? Port's penalty was a bit funny too. Paulo, the Mousehole left back, inexplicably decided to play basketball under no pressure and ex-Mousehole player, Jordan Adlard, confidently put the penalty away. Mousehole will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season but if Port carry on like this they may be in with a shout too. Long way to go though.

Agree Jason Robertson MoM. Confident throughout and other than a great penalty save pulled off one save late in the second half which was outstanding.

Watched the game via Mouseholes stream service. Very good I might had. 

I agree that Port goalkeeper was MOM, his save in the second half top draw. 

I wasn’t at the game but from what I saw I thought Mousehole were the better side overall and probably kicking themselves at dropping points. 

However the final score never lies. Porthleven took advantage of Mousehole mistakes and when the game looked like Mousehole’s to either draw or win. Port showed ambition to still attack and get rewarded with a pen. 

Mousehole and Liskeard are still the strongest teams in the league. With Port and Penzance also looking like they are going to have a say in the league this season. 

Who ever comes out on top in the head to head record of the above four will have a big say in the league title. Port making a great start with wins over PZ and Mousehole. 

Good advert for Penwith football