Cornwall Football Forum

Bridgwater v Parkway

What a result. A poor performance from Parkway, if I'm completely honest, and it was a bit of a mugging. Red card was completely justified. First yellow for dissent (I don't get why players argue all the time!), second yellow for a swinging arm. No quarms here. Parkway played too much long ball football instead of their typical free flowing passing game. The main difference was made when Yetton came on for Carter, and gave the 2 Bridgwater centre halves, who weren't that great, something completely different to deal with. It was his intelligent movement that drew the foul leading to the penalty, which he duly dispatched. The Bridgwater faithful were, to say the least, very unwelcoming towards both the Parkway players and fans at the end of the game, with many of them queuing up to lay into the Parkway players as they left the pitch. A massive 3 points away to the table toppers, but performance wise there needs to be an improvement 

Got to mention the food on display tonight. Pasties , pies , burgers , jumbo sausage , normal sausage ,sausage rolls , curry sauce and ...............  faggots and chips with gravy.

Best array of food ever.

On to the footy , agree with Gingernija above on most points .  Bridgewater were slightly the better team in a scrappy first half. We played with 5 across the middle and kept playing long ball ..... not sure what that was about . When we play the ball on the ground we look good , play the long ball game and we do not. When we went down to 10 men we seem to completely change our effort and outlook on the game and we took the game to Bridgewater. Definite game changer when Yetton came on. His work rate was excellent. He was a right handful for the 2 centre backs . Put the penalty away with confidence too.  A right handbags went on at the end of the game and the home crowd were very verbally volatile as our players left the pitch.  Good crowd of 298 and must have been 50 or 60 of the Parkway faithful there too.

All in all not a great performance for 60 minutes , but we did defend well to keep them out. My man of the match was Yetton.

A great 3 points ( mugging ) , so well done lads.

Cmon Parkway.

Yetton does make a massive difference when he on his movement and work rate are quality  . why was he on the bench ? i would thought carter would dropped down to the bench as he seemed to have struggled the last couple games .  

Parkway really need to get a grip on the discipline side . that farkins second red already and after krac just come back from his and we are  only just out of august !!!  .

1 hour ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Do you go to eat! or watch football? Lol

Ha ha . I see your point . I like to assess the pasties normally as I am partial to one now and again. But was amazed last night as the portacabin was geared out like a roadside café lol.

For me footy days / nights are about watching football , catching up with good mates and to take on board the occasional beer / food item.

By the time I got home from work yesterday and got ready for the journey to Bridgewater , I did not have time to have my tea .

So I was bloody hank marvin by the time I got there.

Hope this explains lol.

17 minutes ago, THE BALD ONE said:

Ha ha . I see your point . I like to assess the pasties normally as I am partial to one now and again. But was amazed last night as the portacabin was geared out like a roadside café lol.

For me footy days / nights are about watching football , catching up with good mates and to take on board the occasional beer / food item.

By the time I got home from work yesterday and got ready for the journey to Bridgewater , I did not have time to have my tea .

So I was bloody hank marvin by the time I got there.

Hope this explains lol.

Yup.... Lol

Just having a giraffe. 

Made me smile anyway! 

3 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Yetton does make a massive difference when he on his movement and work rate are quality  . why was he on the bench ? i would thought carter would dropped down to the bench as he seemed to have struggled the last couple games .  

Parkway really need to get a grip on the discipline side . that farkins second red already and after krac just come back from his and we are  only just out of august !!!  .

It was Nick Milton, not Rob Farkin, who picked up the red card against Falmouth in the Charity Bowl. Farkin is a big loss to Parkway if he is missing for the next three games (not sure if the second offence was considered a straight red), especially the FA Cup tie on Saturday v Street if the suspension starts immediately. From what I have been told, he has been the leader and organiser for Parkway over the last few games. Him and Milton look a top class centre back pairing.

10 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

It was Nick Milton, not Rob Farkin, who picked up the red card against Falmouth in the Charity Bowl. Farkin is a big loss to Parkway if he is missing for the next three games (not sure if the second offence was considered a straight red), especially the FA Cup tie on Saturday v Street if the suspension starts immediately. From what I have been told, he has been the leader and organiser for Parkway over the last few games. Him and Milton look a top class centre back pairing.

It was 2 yellows, therefore should only be a one game ban

Well done Parkway!! Sometimes those 1-0 away wins when you ain’t played well and had to scrape home with a bit of robbery are the games that make you champions more so than a classy 5-0 home win. It’s the same 3 points at the end of the day. What a player to come off the bench! Yettsy will terrorise any defence in that league, still absolute class! ??

14 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Well done Parkway!! Sometimes those 1-0 away wins when you ain’t played well and had to scrape home with a bit of robbery are the games that make you champions more so than a classy 5-0 home win. It’s the same 3 points at the end of the day. What a player to come off the bench! Yettsy will terrorise any defence in that league, still absolute class! ??

Hardest working centre forward I've seen, but with lots of clever movement. Might be getting on in age but the quality is definitely there