Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League Fixturs - Tuesday 4th September 2018

Results for
Tuesday 4th September 2018
Falmouth Town Reserves (Gavin Perraton) 1-0 Perranporth 
Att - 70
Hayle (Cameron Irish 2, Liam Mooney) 3-0 St Day 
Att - 65
Penryn Athletic (Bradley Leivers, Alex Hayhoe, Ryan Reeve, Reggie May, Jake Shaw, James Daniel) 6-1 Pendeen Rovers (Chris Bullock) 
Att - 30
RNAS Culdrose (Dylan Plenty) 1-4 Helston Athletic Reserves (Joe Wright 2, Craig Tanner, Fred Williams)
Att - 24

Falmouth only unbeaten side left now

1 hour ago, Fanfare said:

What defines a Peninsula player? One that has signed forms, one that has made one appearance or played a minimum of (x) games?

I think the rule is worded something like this: "A team may not include more than 3 players who have played 3 or more games at a higher level in the current season unless 21 days have elapsed since they last played" (at the higher level)

12 hours ago, John Mead said:

I think the rule is worded something like this: "A team may not include more than 3 players who have played 3 or more games at a higher level in the current season unless 21 days have elapsed since they last played" (at the higher level)

A common debate this about playing first team players esp in midweek games. 

I think this rule is acceptable to stop a reserve team fielding a team “full of first team players”? 

This allows game time for first team players returning from injury, players that don’t get much game time ( therefore need to keep reasonable level of fitness up). It may work the other way that the reserve team is in fact short therefore they ask for first team to help them out if 3rd team players were unavailable or not combo standard. 

I think a player who is signed for the club is entitled to play for any of the teams for any reason given  above. And that’s the way it is at the end of the day when you are a reserve team. I’m sure all teams would do the the same if they had a higher team with players returning from injury or players who are squad players in the firsts or not played much first team football. 

Therefore if the above rule is true then how can teams field a team of first teamers? 

That’s my opinion and I’m not saying I’m right! 

1 hour ago, Fanfare said:

When Dave Wadd was in charge of Penzance, on occasion after weeks of inactivity, the first team would fulfill a Combo fixture for match practice.

We once went over to St Just with our whole SWL team and promptly lost 2-1.

14 hours ago, John Mead said:

By that rule, if your combo team kicked off their season, and until your first team has played 3 league or cup games, then you could cram your Combo side with more than 3 SWPL players or any player who hasn't played 3 SWPL games yet. You could have a Combo side made up of the substitutes from 5-6 SWPL clubs if none had played 3 games.

Falmouth 1, Perranporth 0

Perraton's goal on 30 mins. Worth their half-time lead, Town sat back on their laurels a bit in the second half and could not have complained if Perranporth had equalised, which they deserved to do but failed to due to a combination of stout defending and some shooting opportunities being ignored in favour of that extra touch....

Stirring game, though: nice to catch up with Ian Anear and seeing Glen Mather again.

Carharrack have a mountain to climb at Bickland on Saturday, but then what are mountains for?

OAP entry still £1, Tea £1, nice array of hot drinks and eats on sale: do clubs cherish their tea ladies (and men) enough?

I'd forgotten what a great place Bickland Park is to watch a game, especially from the back of the stand. Also a great place to play. A lot of history will go when that ground is "developed".

Hayle 3-0 St day,  good win ,  good game , played in good spirits , well reffed by George Patterson , good crowd 65  , 1-0 half time , goals scores Cameron Irish 2  , Laim Mooney 1 ,   floodlights  were needed earlier tonight , any neutrals would  have seen a competitive game between two well matched sides , great to meet up with Aidrian again , Hayle had the better chances  overall  , both sides have good players   , no bad challenges , a good evenings football ,  well done to everyone involved tonight 

58 minutes ago, CornishFan95 said:

They lost to perranporth on Saturday? ?

Yes lost but there were players missing  from tonight's squad  , still a couple out due to suspensions , and a couple of to uni  in the next few weeks , lost fair and square Saturday   but a better performance tonight ,  no one is getting carried away at Hayle early season yet but the league is looking very interesting with most teams being able to beat each other .

1 hour ago, Tom Trust said:

Falmouth 1, Perranporth 0

Perraton's goal on 30 mins. Worth their half-time lead, Town sat back on their laurels a bit in the second half and could not have complained if Perranporth had equalised, which they deserved to do but failed to due to a combination of stout defending and some shooting opportunities being ignored in favour of that extra touch....

Stirring game, though: nice to catch up with Ian Anear and seeing Glen Mather again.

Carharrack have a mountain to climb at Bickland on Saturday, but then what are mountains for?

OAP entry still £1, Tea £1, nice array of hot drinks and eats on sale: do clubs cherish their tea ladies (and men) enough?

I'd forgotten what a great place Bickland Park is to watch a game, especially from the back of the stand. Also a great place to play. A lot of history will go when that ground is "developed".

Glen used to be a decent  darts player in his past. Known as "beaker " can't  remember why though ??

59 minutes ago, Alf said:

By one goal yes, but beating two of the team that will be in the top 4 or 5 wouldn't you count them as a contender?

Good win for Hayle, but I’m not sure how strong the St Day team is this year. I believe they will give the top teams decent games, and get a few results against them but ultimately  I see them falling short again , 5th, 6th or maybe 7th 

8 hours ago, stevieb said:

Yes lost but there were players missing  from tonight's squad  , still a couple out due to suspensions , and a couple of to uni  in the next few weeks , lost fair and square Saturday   but a better performance tonight ,  no one is getting carried away at Hayle early season yet but the league is looking very interesting with most teams being able to beat each other .

5 minutes ago, CornishFan95 said:

St Day had players missing last night, some due to injury, suspension and work. No questions about it that St Day didn’t give 100% tonight but I’m sure they’ll learn from mistakes and come back Saturday and get the results they want. The league is looking interesting but at the minute any of these sides can win, can’t be too hasty ?

I must say Hayle look like a better side than what they did 2/3 seasons ago, major player change or manager change? 

Watched the Hayle v St Day match last night Hayle did edge it & two second half errors cost the Saints dearly . Thought Falmouths Jack Webber played well for Hayle & a ginger lad youngster looked decent at times also with some nice touches ?St Day had to play Luke Johnson first half at the back as centre half with quite a few missing it seems . Credit to Hayle they deserved the 3 points . 

Inbrendanwetrust

if St Day finish 5 th 6 th or 7 th I will put £20 in a charity of your choice. I think top 4 all day long if squad returns fully perhaps a £20 charity of my choice for the top 4 ?

Culdrose 1 - 4 Helston 4.  A game of little quality (spoilt a little by the inevitable Culdrose wind!!) in which goalkeeping mistakes ultimately cost the Airmen dear.  Helston raced into a 2 goal lead early on with a neat finish from Williams and a good follow up from Tanner for the second.  First  nightmare from the goalie gifting the third goal to Wright, HT 0-3.  Culdrose with the wind at their backs pulled one back with a decent header from a corner but once again, a gift from their goalie was dispatched by Wright for his second, 1-4. Overall, Helston attempted to play football and by pressurising a weak defence with good pressing movement forced the mistakes that sealed the contest.  Culdrose in for another long season I'm afraid; too many mistakes at the back and little in the way of a threat going forward despite playing a couple of SWPL players to bolster their squad. 

Watched St Day v Hayle last night, not impressed by St Day at all. Have a couple decent players but they cant string 3 or 4 passes together (seen a lot better passing teams in Trelawny Div 4!). They seem to get away with the route 1 against the lesser teams but will come unstuck against the top teams in the leauge, like we saw last night. Some players not up to that level at all.

Popped down Hayle last night and I must say that the home side wanted it that little bit more than the visitors. The st day back line were left exposed at times. But they had a couple of good chances, the home keeper saved well from a couple of free kicks and st day hit the post twice late on. 

Hayle were very clever, getting away with lots of sneaky fouls, pushes and little kicks. Both sides should look to be in that pack ready to challenge.

4 hours ago, MARKSY said:

Watched the Hayle v St Day match last night Hayle did edge it & two second half errors cost the Saints dearly . Thought Falmouths Jack Webber played well for Hayle & a ginger lad youngster looked decent at times also with some nice touches ?St Day had to play Luke Johnson first half at the back as centre half with quite a few missing it seems . Credit to Hayle they deserved the 3 points . 

Inbrendanwetrust

if St Day finish 5 th 6 th or 7 th I will put £20 in a charity of your choice. I think top 4 all day long if squad returns fully perhaps a £20 charity of my choice for the top 4 ?

I’m all for a friendly bet mr Marks, £20 to a charity of your choice if they finish in the top 4, £20 to charity of my choice if they don’t? 

3 hours ago, winston said:

Popped down Hayle last night and I must say that the home side wanted it that little bit more than the visitors. The st day back line were left exposed at times. But they had a couple of good chances, the home keeper saved well from a couple of free kicks and st day hit the post twice late on. 

Hayle were very clever, getting away with lots of sneaky fouls, pushes and little kicks. Both sides should look to be in that pack ready to challenge.

Should make yourself know , we could have a coke together  or a pint for you as I don't drink  , nice to put faces to names  from the forum .

5 hours ago, MARKSY said:

Inbrendanwetrust

Marksy  young Charlie Parker  off to uni soon , same with Jack Webber who has signed on  for Hayle  he lives less than half a mile from the ground  , shame but they need to secure their futures which qualifications  help no end today , 

5 hours ago, CornishFan95 said:

Lee Patchett the manager has  turned the combo team around , and given them belief that they can play at this level , as a group they are good fun and have a good understanding of howPatch wants the game played , it has taken a while but the players now see with results  he wasn't giving some a hard time but trying to make them better , ably  assisted  by Mike Shilton , Rob John's,  Matt Laity to name some  great atmosphere around the team   , club at the moment  hopefully it can continue  ,  several players been given the opportunity  to step up from the reserves , 3rd team  and the majority are from Hayle  .

Well done Steve, thankless and usually mostly unappreciated job running the line.  ??  Had two of the best and fairest there in Adie and yourself last night. Enjoyed the 1st half before having to nip off to work. Was nice to catch up with Patch and Shilts again, both talk a lot of sense and you can see their enthusiasm and tactical awareness rub off on the pitch by the way the Hayle team played some really tidy passing football through the lines albeit for the 45 minutes I managed to watch but always worth the trip for that Philips pasty!! Sitting in my car after doing a 6 point turn behind the stand with no room there now to face the way out for a quick getaway watched by a healthy dozen crowd which does my head in! Face the pitch! No fun watching an idiot struggle! ? I felt quite guilty chomping away on my large pasty as the excellent referee Mr George Pattison sprinted up and down the pitch doing his warm up still looking as fit as a fiddle. I remembered some of his crunching tackles he dished out before he went over to the dark side! Wonder if he would have booked himself? ?. Superb facilities at the club these days with a cracking team to go with it I’d say. Think Steve is right about the club being on the up without doubt. Will definitely try and go back to watch 90 minutes of that classy stuff next time!? Good to see Marksy Senior and Junior on the way out, reminds you of all that is good about being involved in Cornish football for the last 40 years since my Probus u11 days!! Met so many lovely people over all those years, lucky bloke really ??

On 04/09/2018 at 13:05, cornishteddyboy said:

We once went over to St Just with our whole SWL team and promptly lost 2-1.

By that rule, if your combo team kicked off their season, and until your first team has played 3 league or cup games, then you could cram your Combo side with more than 3 SWPL players or any player who hasn't played 3 SWPL games yet. You could have a Combo side made up of the substitutes from 5-6 SWPL clubs if none had played 3 games.

Hardly a surprise result there. CTB! Please can you tell me where Tinners are fixtures on 15 September ?...I can't get thus from either of the linked websites . Perhaps a bit far ahead for'n to plan, dear of'un !

13 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Good to see Marksy Senior and Junior on the way out, reminds you of all that is good about being involved in Cornish football for the last 40 years since my probus u11 days!! Met so many lovely people over all those years, lucky bloke really ??

That’s because your the nicest man in Cornish football pal.? Me & Kyle we’re so sad to hear what a daunting prospect of your nights work ahead you faced ?? just one thing I have to bring up George sprinting ( are you sure ) ??

Had a shocking night Marksy, had 3 phones ringing at once for 12 hours! Head was banging by 8am! Poor old porters had 97 jobs between the 3 of them! Took my Fourfourtwo mag in and didn’t even read a page!! Wishful thinking! Nice to see you as always mate ?. Catch up with you properly when the boys are playing at Uni? When they’re playing again poor buggers, hope Kyle,s ankle ain’t as bad as Jacks, bless em. Injuries the worst part of football ain’t it mate ? Especially when you love kicking a ball as much as those two ?

2 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Had a shocking night Marksy, had 3 phones ringing at once for 12 hours! Head was banging by 8am! Poor old porters had 97 jobs between the 3 of them! Took my Fourfourtwo mag in and didn’t even read a page!! Wishful thinking! Nice to see you as always mate ?. Catch up with you properly when the boys are playing at Uni? When they’re playing again poor buggers, hope Kyle,s ankle ain’t as bad as Jacks, bless em. Injuries the worst part of football ain’t it mate ? Especially when you love kicking a ball as much as those two ?

That’s a definite date there bud as soon as Jack is back we will have a Day trip ?Hopefully Kyle should be back in 4-5 weeks but we will see take care bud ?

Yeah the sooner the better hopefully mate!!? They’re young and fit as fiddles, hopefully quick healers!! If I had Jacks ankle I’m not sure I could even play golf again mate!! ?? Look forward to watching Kyle play again, think it’s my turn for the coffees as well mate x