Cornwall Football Forum

F A Cup Shocks

Some absolutely fantastic cup shocks today, notably Blackburn and Bolton being scalped. I checked out a few of the premiership teams line ups and most changed from previous top flight games. Granted we have just come out of a busy christmas period, but I was wondering what views people had on this rotation and apparant disregard for the F A Cup in favour of the money on offer for gaining a European slot for the mid - table Prem teams. I personally think that the F A Cup is fantastic and I really go for the underdogs in cup ties and I'm pretty sure most fans of Blackburn, Everton, Birmingham and Bolton would much rather win the F A Cup than the UEFA Cup wouldn't they?

yeah whatever we will see who fall flat on their faces when they get a couple of injuries or suspensions to there key players. ie- fabregas, adebayor, hleb lets see whos laughing then man utd will win the league, ac milan will win champions league, man utd, liverpool fa cup, chelsea carling cup, no room for arsenal at the inn im afraid, better luck next time

sianara

Ok, i never said we where gonna win anything just i'd be happy if we did. Like Blackburn, Everton, Bolton or Birmingham fans would be happy if they won any cup. And as for "falling flat on our faces" wasnt that what everyone was saying when Henry left? :thumbsup: :drink:

Hey bushy, have u watched any football this season? Man U wont win the league if they lost Rooney, Rio or Ronaldo. Same with Chelsea with Terry, Lampard and Cech. Liverpool too with Torres, Gerrard and Carragher. You could say the same about any club but at least we know what Arsenals second string can do as we've seen them blitz through the league cup (as well as featuring in other comps) up untill now. Seems a little ill-founded and naieve to write the gunners off just yet.

AC Milan are probably favourites to win Champions League again but hopefully one of the English clubs can do it again. :c:

Im not sure he was much of a player, His recored is as below.

Wenger's playing career was relatively inauspicious. He began as a defender for various amateur clubs while studying at the Institut Européen d'Etudes Commerciales Supérieures de Strasbourg of Robert Schuman University, where he completed a masters degree in 1971.

Wenger turned professional in 1978, making his debut for RC Strasbourg against Monaco.

He only made twelve appearances for the team, including two as they won the Ligue 1 title in 1978-79, and played once in the UEFA Cup in the same season.

Not exactly a long career was it, Mind you the blokes a genius as a Manager. :D

Cockerkneeboy, & Postie Pidge,

I see that the Hammers have Shefield United if we get past Man City, in the FA Cup

I would love for us to get United & beat them good & proper to prove to them once & for all that we were the club to stay up in the Prem & not Shefield United,

Up the Hammers

Hammers :clapper::thumbsup::yahoo::c: :c: