Cornwall Football Forum

this needs to be sorted

well this really needs to be addressed today godolphin should have played wadebridge and supprise supprise once again it was cancelled thats 4 times this season, Im sorry but we went over to the field and five mins forking would have moved the surface water in the center circle. The only water u could see and the second field was very very playable . we have to understand football is a winter game we play through 5 months of the winter but as soon as we get some rain or wind its off and its really rubbish. I would take those clubs to task dock them the points and fine them heavely, even today the groundsman called it off whats that about ? its not his shout its the ref who only deceides if its dangerous for the players ie ruts with ice , water table that wont allow the ball to travel one roll of the ball circumference these clubs need to be sorted the ccfa need to be stronger and sort this out, It happens all the time there is no average in any match its really rubbish and shows up cornwall for what it is sometimes . The fa rules are there to be addressed the county rules are there to be addressed so why o why are clubs overriding it !!! its wrong so wrong and needs to be addressed the ccfa needs to buck up and grow up and sort clubs out if they cant handle it then put people in place who can all i ask is a level playing field were we all have the same levels and choices and rules Iv played for teams for 30 years in the snow wind and rain and that is at senior level stop molly cuddling the so called great cornish teams that are so not mr steggles cancelled the game at 12 then supprise supprise u cant get hold of him to ask why we have to grow up thats not by chance its ment ! We all know how football is but lets stop this cancer now and get football people running football not mr steggles who prob has never kicked a ball in his life football is about kicking a ball around on a sat afternoon what ever level what ever standard what ever pitch so lets get rid of the pre madonas and sort it out, Or football will be the only loser the only reason its carring on now is because of guys our age and its all we know, all we had was football 6 nights a week on the park we would play and for nothing today its 30 quid or im not playing grow up guys or u kill the game the game of simple enjoyment the game of just playing with ur mates !!!!!! and i look forward to ur answers to this because iv played in senior football i know what iv learnt and today a very big club like wadebridge has acted like a very small club if ur field cant play 60 games a season thats ur prob not footballs , happy new year to u all metts

Guest Dermot

Crikey Al,only 2 full stops and 1 comma, in such a big posting, i fainted twice trying to read it without stopping. ;0)

I could hear your feet stamping from The Central as you were typing it out.

Have a couple of :drink: mate,you need them after that. ;0) :clapper:

and i even remember playing at st breward in the rain and fog for st blazey, Then comming off to be greated by a tin bath of cold water in the changing rooms no showers then boys !!!! and u know what it was cold well bl__ dy freezing !!! but you would not swop it because it was football with ur mates i was 15 years old cold wet, been chased around by a lot of grenaways , and i think i spent more time in the air than the ball but swop it for sitting in front of a playstation your having a laugh and id have prob walked the 6 miles to the game and back as well , Then ending up cleaning and dubbing ur boots for the following weeks match , footballs changed is it for the best ? any one remember a certain trevor mewton in charge of foxhole with a young brian philp with the local derby against nanpean attracting 300 to 400 watching st blazey against st austell boxing day nearly a 1000 and watching viv folloy , falmouth in the western league , tony kellow, joe scott, norman ash, keith manly, the ground packed, saltash with kenny grogan, liskeard with knapman and ben murphy, then newquay one of the best south western league clubs to blossom the nickolls brothers phil ryder dave street and once again a certain trevor metwon and more recent truro city bodmin town and st blazey again have we really progressed is it really better now?? the fitness is its more athletic and faster but better football !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the simlpe fact is we got away from the points we live in cornwall it rains it snows we get wind and we should all yes i mean all get back to playing football in the wet in the mud in the wind, And one remember watching match of the Day in the snow with an orange ball and thinking how cool was that ,, metts

Here's a quick question.

Games are called off because pitches are un-playable due to rain, ice, frost, etc to look after the pitch and the conditions are too dangerous and players may get injured.

I remember talking on the terraces to players about the levels of payment that an insurance company will pay out for loss of weekly wages and it was quite low.

What are the current rates and are players encourage to take out private insurance as well to make up the shortfall?

Also how about damage to a spectators car if it is parked in a carpark that is part of the ground such as at St Agnes, Illogan and St Just?

we should all yes i mean all get back to playing football in the wet in the mud

You obviously don't have to wash the kit Metts. Perranporth's kit from yesterday is currently on it's SECOND trip through my washing machine :angry:

Metts that's the biggest load of rubbish i have heard for a very long time.

We have spent in the region of £50,000 just on levelling the pitch and nearly £400,000 on the rest of the facilities so you can come and play on a top pitch and any time you like under floodlights.

If it wasn't for people with your attitude Metts that made us play when the pitch was waterlogged last season you would almost certainly been playing yeaterday.

If you remember the pitch was only seeded last May and so we had to look after it as much as we could ;but common sense doesn't always prevail and unfortunately area's of our pitch were completely ruined that night and are still recovering.

If you looked at the pitch closely Metts you would have seen that the pitched had been recently verti-drained and the holes were full of water meaning that the water had not drained away yet and also there were puddles all over the pitch; you can fork as much as you want but it wouldn't have made any difference yesterday. We had torrential rain late morning and there was not enough time for it too drain away.

Don't forget that the referee called the game off NOT US !!!!!

Hopefully in a couple of seasons time we will not have any problems and you will have a fantastic surface to play on.

I think you should have a bit more RESPECT for the club you used to be involved with.

I have the greatest repect for Godolphin AFC and all who are involved with them and if they told me their pitch was unplayable i would certainly have not travelled over there to see if they were trying to pull a fast one.

I THINK YOU ARE TOTALLY OUT OF ORDER METTS !!!!!

Guest Devon Lad

Metts

At the end of the day I called the game off for the safty of the players!!!!!! The grass will grow again quickly, but players legs take a long time to mend. I checked the pitch about 10.00 am on the day and it was playable but with the heavy down pour at 12.30 put both pitches out of bounds, when the other ref and I checked them prior to k.o.

Hi rob and happy new year and i think the wires are crossed , your the most honest and respected guy i know and iv read your reply about six times to make sure i answer ir correctly, If there is a prob i can always call ok , But we were informed about 12.30 after the down pour that the game was called off by the club then we found out the third team were still playing using the top field , well dosent senior football take pref over junior football and why were we cancelled and not probus , when we found out we tried and tried to call mr steggles who would not answer ! So we informed your club we would travel . then when we arrived with probus we looked at the top field and the main field i feel strongly that if we had not travelled ur third team would have played on the top field but because we were there and u had canceled your players it was the best thing to cancell both games , Now if this was left to the ref to cancel as it should be and not the groundsman there would be no confussion, last season we were told 10.30 a game was off due to frost yes 10.30 for a 2.30 ko we travelled just a few of us and this is a south western league ground about 1 oclock, and it was stunning the sun was out the field green and nice and soft ,Not one thing to call it off, and trying to speak to someone supprise supprise no one would answer ! we then find out the guys have gone to a wedding and they get away with it the same over xmas cancelled 11 in the morning just as were leaving only later to find they have gone on a stag weekend we over the last few seasons have had to play 8 games in the last 3 weeks then last season 12 games in the last 4 weeks and were 5 behing torpoint already , if a game is cancelled it has to be by the ref to take away these things happening they cancell a sat so mid week when there stronger with 1st teamers its harder and not a level playing field for us all, remember bude and nanpean each needed a win for safety , bude drew nanpean cancelled played mid week with five st blazey first teamers they won and bude get relagated from senior football , we should all play by the same rules and im sorry but clubs i dont believe you can trust ,, you have to believe the ref will be honest and do the correct thing , but in this case you cancelled us and kept the third team playing, probus turned up to play they never had a call to cancell we did , so as i say rob i respect and hope you understand why i think clubs should not have the shout . ill catch you soon and if you want to give me a call or me you text me ok take care metts and i wonder what others think im just interested,

Guest Devon Lad

Metts

Thanks for your reply, first of all my name is not Rob!! as I said in my last posting when the other ref and I checked the pitches they where both unfit I was one of the ref's given a fixture at Wadebridge last weekend.