Cornwall Football Forum

Ludgvan Take over

Disgrace to the league pulling out of fixture's & letting opposition sides down like they have. I suggest they accept that they are not up to the standard of their respective league both On & Off the field & to save any further embarrassment (scorelines or let down any other opposition teams) they should withdraw from the league. 

11 hours ago, Gossip man said:

Hearing on the grape vine   Mousehole taking over Ludgvan and using them as a feeder club ??

As far as I understand it, Mousehole have offered their help to get the club back on even footing. I’m not sure whether anything will come of this, but I do know that the Ludgvan committee are working extremely hard to keep the club going despite facing numerous setbacks already this summer. It makes sense to explore every option, whatever Mousehole’s intentions may be.

19 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Disgrace to the league pulling out of fixture's & letting opposition sides down like they have. I suggest they accept that they are not up to the standard of their respective league both On & Off the field & to save any further embarrassment (scorelines or let down any other opposition teams) they should withdraw from the league. 

Why don’t you wind your neck in? Alternatively, why not offer your support to a club that’s doing everything it can to fulfill fixtures and not let its opponents - or its community - down?

Just now, Hurler said:

Why don’t you wind your neck in? Alternatively, why not offer your support to a club that’s doing everything it can to fulfill fixtures and not let its opponents - or its community - down?

Bloody miles away from my residence! Only my opinion! Obviously having real issues down there not being able to get players, I can't just imagine the drama there would be if that was a club 40 miles further up the A30 ?

28 minutes ago, Hurler said:

Hurler - every football supporter in the county hopes Ludgvan get through this temporary hiccup - ignore any idiot comments - we all need as many competitive senior sides as possible. 

Totally agree with Handsome Dan and Bob and probably most true Cornish football supporters, whatever you can do to keep the club going and in the league go for it. Just ignore Leeds Utd John, everyone else does!!! Blokes a joke, goes missing for weeks when Bodmin are losing, now they won again last night we’ve got to put up with his garbage again!! Not even worth a response to be honest, embarrassing, what a clown.

Well where do we start, thank you for all the good wishes and support. Although that's obviously not from everyone LEEDS UNITED!!!. Yes we lost 8 - 1 today and have never been so proud of the team. It was too easy to pull out of the League, but we're made of stronger stuff than that at Ludgvan, thank all the players and supporters and everyone involved with today. So proud of you all.

To be honest, I haven't been a great fan of the way Mousehole have conducted themselves recently but if they have the capacity to step in and help a club like Ludgvan, well done to them. 

At times like these where clubs from the bottom rung of the Trelawny League to those in the SWPL and beyond are clearly struggling for quality and numbers, the survival of a club like Ludgvan could do with the footballing community's support.

I for one hope that, regardless of how it's done (so long as it's done properly, fairly, legally and to the benefit of the club), this club is saved. If that survival boils down to Mousehole having the ability to help, well I say great effort by those involved.

We could all do more and should do more to save our local teams.

Decided to spend the afternoon at Fairfield, really not expecting to see a game.  Couldn’t, be more from the truth, two Committees having great banter before the match, the Home Secretary meeting and greeting new players and supporters, such a warm welcome for my first time at Fairfield.                                                        

In my eyes the home team did the Club proud. You might have lost 8 - 1 but how committed were you.

I hope you all stay together and rebuild with the youth that I saw today.

Such a welcoming club that I will definitely return to.

Lovely bar and food after match.

Keep up the good work

Totally agree Dave. Lost a lot of respect for Mousehole after last season but this is a quality thing they are doing. Ludgvan might still end up going down at the end of the season but hopefully they will play the remainder of their games.

Incidentally if Mousehole need a big win to win the title on goal difference and their last game is against Ludgvan......?!

20 hours ago, Hurler said:

As far as I understand it, Mousehole have offered their help to get the club back on even footing. I’m not sure whether anything will come of this, but I do know that the Ludgvan committee are working extremely hard to keep the club going despite facing numerous setbacks already this summer. It makes sense to explore every option, whatever Mousehole’s intentions may be.

And their intentions have yet to raise their head! 

After the PZ shenanigans, I have a concern regarding this "helpful" move,ready made facility on a main road, instead of a backwater field.... Mmmm! 

Best of luck to Ludgvan from me. 

53 minutes ago, Tommy Matthews said:

Best of luck from me too. Not too long ago I remember Penzance struggling for players and John Mead was working miracles getting unknown players to sign for an away game at Launceston. Things quickly picked up again. 

Hope it all works out. 

Will never forget that game Tommy! Particularly the youngster you told to roll the ball back to the opponents following an injury -and he did just that - with his hands!

Best of luck to Ludgvan, I'm sure they will get through this and be stronger because of it.

Delighted for my old mate John Matthews,as well as spending most of Thursday ,Friday and Saturday up on the roofs phone in his hand not letting hisloyal customers down and trying to get a team on the field , he then went on to play most of the game.A true unsung hero in Cornish football who gave up a lucrative contract in Hollywood.After starring alongside Susan George in Straw dogs John decided to put his football first and has gone on to have a successful career there too.Well done John.

28 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

My god! John is nearly 60 if memory serves, I am sorry but that is not on. He needs to think about his health. I personally find this very very sad. What sort of league let's this happen. For god's sake John, think about your health. 

Sounds like you’re on a wind-up again...

John is 60 and I think you’ll find he’s fitter and healthier than the majority of people he plays with/against - myself included!

I can’t speak highly enough of John and his willingness to help both Ludgvan sides out, often at short notice. As I’m sure you know, he loves the game and we’re more than happy to have him at our club.

1 hour ago, leedsunited said:

My god! John is nearly 60 if memory serves, I am sorry but that is not on. He needs to think about his health. I personally find this very very sad. What sort of league let's this happen. For god's sake John, think about your health. 

People like you shouldn’t be allowed on this forum, let alone to watch a live game.

7 hours ago, John Mead said:

Will never forget that game Tommy! Particularly the youngster you told to roll the ball back to the opponents following an injury -and he did just that - with his hands!

Best of luck to Ludgvan, I'm sure they will get through this and be stronger because of it.

That will live with me forever John! One of the funniest things I’ve seen in the game! 

Best of luck from me, I hope it all works out.