Cornwall Football Forum

Leeds United l?!

I wish I had the longevity of Leeds - I just enjoy the debates raised by him.  He has obviously got some links in Bodmin - Newquay - St Blazey and St Austell so it’s got to be a player or coach. 

Either way - I can confirm it’s certainly not me! 

Thanks for the compliment though 

15 hours ago, SWL Veteran said:

I wish I had the longevity of Leeds - I just enjoy the debates raised by him.  He has obviously got some links in Bodmin - Newquay - St Blazey and St Austell so it’s got to be a player or coach. 

Either way - I can confirm it’s certainly not me! 

Thanks for the compliment though 

That’s exactly what I’d expect you to say Leeds‼️

38 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

I can honestly say I am truly 'Flattered' once again with everyone's 'Fascination' with Me ? 

Didn't realise I was so Popular ? 

I stay silent for a while, & you all come out & take the bait! Bunch of fool's ????

Don't kid yourself Leeds with ideas of granduer, the fascination comes from why we only hear regularly from you when Bodmin win, if they lose all is quiet, or is that just a fascinating coincidence.??

6 minutes ago, We Two said:

Don't kid yourself Leeds with ideas of granduer, the fascination comes from why we only hear regularly from you when Bodmin win, if they lose all is quiet, or is that just a fascinating coincidence.??

How do you know I haven't taken the boy scouts away on a fishing exhibition trip ?? 

Bodmin over the years win most weeks, so that is probably why you have heard so much from me? Now, I always give fair assessments from games I have witnessed whoever that might be. I think the biggest problem is that I usually speak as I find, & some managers/players/supporters don't particularly like it (especially if it involves their club) & then they go all defensive & hide their downfalls by deflecting the blame/criticism from their doors ... ? But I am flattered by all the fuss & concern people have had over my welfare 

7 minutes ago, paul pearce said:

SWL veteran thought Leeds was a player or coach. Coach driver more like

Coach drivers are customer friendly and don't answer back in a nasty manner. Definitely never been a player either, has not got a clue what he is talking about, just waffles on and on 

34 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

How do you know I haven't taken the boy scouts away on a fishing exhibition trip ?? 

Bodmin over the years win most weeks, so that is probably why you have heard so much from me? Now, I always give fair assessments from games I have witnessed whoever that might be. I think the biggest problem is that I usually speak as I find, & some managers/players/supporters don't particularly like it (especially if it involves their club) & then they go all defensive & hide their downfalls by deflecting the blame/criticism from their doors ... ? But I am flattered by all the fuss & concern people have had over my welfare 

And the weeks they don't win you are on a fishing trip with the boy scouts, ah that explains it then !

Welcome back Leeds - I for one is glad to have you on here (although I firmly believe you do antagonise others on purpose!!)

Even you have to admit Bodmin not the force they were but League seems a lot weaker! So can’t rule anyone out as yet!!

At least Bruegel the elder can now apologise for calling me Leedsunited!!! ? 

As I have said before, I am always honest. No at present Bodmin are not as strong as in previous seasons, but we are in a transitional period & it's just about staying in there with the leading pack, as it's a very long season. As far as the league not being as Strong as in previous seasons, completely agree. Imagine the St.Blazey's under Trevor, or Falmouth's under Dave Ball, or the Bodmin side of 3 seasons ago in this current league, it would be wrapped up by Christmas. 

The standard has dropped massively but is it any surprise when Parkway have taken approximately 16 players that would’ve been in this league.

In addition a number of local lads have decided to try it at higher levels (Nick Hurst, Harry Evans, Landricombe brothers, Shane White etc). All of these players would be (or have been) in the league. 

So when you take about 25 top players out for various reasons - no wonder the standard has been diluted.

8 hours ago, We Two said:

He could be the one thats ringing around trying to encourage players from even lower than the fish and chip league as he likes to call it to sign on duel registration cos theyre short for mid week games . ????

I think that Bodmin are not liked for a number of reasons in the following order-

1 - previous success (a degree of jealously with some people)

2 - management’s abrasive manner (can be rude and disrespectful to all members involved eg supporters - referee)

3 - committee’s / club members - hostile reception ( never a smile on arrival)

shame it’s not like a club like Wadebridge - ran in a polite friendly fashion

1 hour ago, SWL Veteran said:

Leeds utd - Terry??? What are you on about?

Dave Deacon - can you please confirm that I am not Leeds United!? Not overly keen on you sharing my identity (don’t want personal insults) but would be keen for you to confirm that I’m not Leeds United 

Leeds has been denying that he’s Ieedsunited for years! However I am concerned about your recent habit of talking to yourself. Perhaps your regular appearance and disappearance is down to whether or not the doctor lets you out on your own

8 hours ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

Leeds has been denying that he’s Ieedsunited for years! However I am concerned about your recent habit of talking to yourself. Perhaps your regular appearance and disappearance is down to whether or not the doctor lets you out on your own

Leeds has already explained earlier in this thread, that when Bodmin lose, it is likely he is away on a fishing trip with the Boy Scouts, please don't deny him his time with his toggle in camp , in tent on being a good boy. ?

47 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Starting to look an awful lot like bullying to me peeps. 

The fella is allowed to express an opinion.... Like all of us! 

I do agree Older, Leeds has indeed been bullying a lot of people for an awful long time! 

However, the forum needs its trolls; the likes of Leeds and Big Al. I’m sure that if they didn’t exist we’d have to invent them (unless someone already has, Dave Deacons alter ego, or Olders? We all have a dark side)???‼️

55 minutes ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

I do agree Older, Leeds has indeed been bullying a lot of people for an awful long time! 

However, the forum needs its trolls; the likes of Leeds and Big Al. I’m sure that if they didn’t exist we’d have to invent them (unless someone already has, Dave Deacons alter ego, or Olders? We all have a dark side)???‼️

You would not want to see my dark side..... think star wars! 

On 01/09/2018 at 22:38, SWL Veteran said:

I think that Bodmin are not liked for a number of reasons in the following order-

1 - previous success (a degree of jealously with some people)

2 - management’s abrasive manner (can be rude and disrespectful to all members involved eg supporters - referee)

3 - committee’s / club members - hostile reception ( never a smile on arrival)

shame it’s not like a club like Wadebridge - ran in a polite friendly fashion

Nah, it's because Buckland Athletic had a bit of a rivalry with them when we were in this league.... oh, and Kevin Miller proper had a sulk after being outbantered and outplayed in the Throgmorton Final at Fully a few years back...

I dont always agree with Leeds and sometimes have been annoyed by what he’s said,  but you can always have a proper football conversation with him, unlike Big Al who is just a troll. Leeds has often been fair and complimentary towards Parkway despite the two clubs rivalry.

3 minutes ago, Rob1978 said:

I dont always agree with Leeds and sometimes have been annoyed by what he’s said,  but you can always have a proper football conversation with him, unlike Big Al who is just a troll. Leeds has often been fair and complimentary towards Parkway despite the two clubs rivalry.

Compliment appreciated - takes an intelligent person to understand my observations.