Wendron United 4ths    3,    Penzance Reserves    12

DIVISION 4
Falmouth United    2,    Chacewater        4
Goonhavern Ath Res    0,    Marazion        4
Hayle Thirds        10,    Stithians Reserves    0
Probus Reserves    2,    Madron            3
Threemilestone Res    2,    Constantine Reserves    1
Tregony FC        5,    New Inn Titans Res    4

Due to Fa Cup matches outside of Cornwall that have taken 3 Cornish officials per game ,we are already short of referees on 12 games tomorrow ....( 2 Combo games also not covered ) so can clubs affected try to agree between them to find someone willing to stand in for the day ...or even a half each , rather than call games off while pitches are playable .

Mariners 0 frogpool 8.No complaints from us totally outplayed by an excellent frogpool side who didnt stop playing and we just couldnt get a foot hold in all seriousness could of been alot more as i was named our man of match!!! Thanks for coming back to the pub all the best for the season.In my mind on todays showing will be hard to stop from winning the league!!!

Trelawny Div 3

Wendron United 4th's 3-12 Penzance Reserves

1-8 at half time. Wendron taught Penzance a lesson, keep going when the chips are down. Permanent attendance of 7 (all Pz supporters) but there were a few who kept coming over from another game. Great free-kick from Wendron to score. Worth my entrance money to see it. Pz too quick for Wendron, through balls, down the channels low and cross goal shots. I don't know the Wendon scorers but for Penzance, Luke Carroll - 4, Tom Quick - 3, Pasha Wilson - 3, Reece Evans - 2 (both within a minute)

Division 2

Falmouth Town 3rds 7-2 St Day 3rds (4-1 Falmouth Town @ half time)

Goals:

Ben Richardson x3
Sam Duckham x1
Paul Webb x1
Dom Sikorski x1
David Webb x1

Really well reffed by Gary Stevens and thanks from both sides I'm sure for agreeing to step in and ref! 

Falmouth running out comfortable winners despite letting in some sloppy goals but nonetheless 3 more points!

Penryn Athletic Res 6 - 0 St Day Res

Penryn dominated from the first whistle today and found themselves 3 nil up at half time, they then continued there dominance in the 2nd half and went on to win the game by 6, playing some brilliant football throughout the game. Fairplay to st day who never stopped battling but I feel penryn just had too much for them today and will be a force in trewlawny prem this season. Good luck to St Day for the rest of the season.

Goalscorers for penryn - Liam Dent x5 and Matt Mcilroy 

Illogan 3rds 3 - Gwinear 8

thanks for lester Thomas stepping into ref the game, goal and assist updates. 

Billy foster x 4 goals and x 3 assists 

Derek picken x 3 goals and x 3 assists

marcus Bowden x 1 goal

jack elliott x 1 assist.

scored 8 could/should’ve hit double figures. 

Best of luck to Illogan for the rest of the season. 

Threemilestone reserves 2,  Constantine reserves 1.

Only managed to catch the 2nd half today but from what i saw Tms missed a hat full of chances. It was 1-0 at half time.  Chris Shackley scored the Stones 2 goal early into the 2nd half. Constantine pulled a goal back when a sloppy bit of play across the area got punished by the "tine" forward. Stones continued to dominate but couldnt find the back of the net despite having numerous chances, and "tine" had a decent chance to equalize with the last kick of the game.  Well referee'd by Franco Lovelock of Holman s.c. who stepped in to fill the lack of refs this week.:clapper:

2 hours ago, erby ruin said:

Div 4

Tregony 5 New Inn Res 4

New Inn Res Scorers 

Peter Norfolk 2

Luke Rosevear 

Jason Fenton

good end to end game with the standard Saturday afternoon banter 

apologies to Tregony that a few of us had to shot off straight away after

Competitive game played in good spirits,bit of banter with the fans!A few questionable decisions from the ref Tregony delighted with the win!

Lanner 3-4 Probus 

Hosted on a good size pitch, if not possibly the most uneven and bobbly I've ever seen.

Probus were 3-2 up at half time, scorers Martin bishop, Dean Southworth and Sam Hadfield. The downside was the 2 conceded, 2 gifts.

2nd half a challenge from Lanner lucky to avoid the red, not long after a penalty to Probus, nicely tucked away by Dean Southworth. Before a mistake from the GK gifted another lanner a 3rd, making the ending a little nervy for Probus.

Overall Probus deserved the win, but were grateful that too many mistakes and Tom Rhodes being on the pitch didn't cost them the points today.

33 minutes ago, Sh91 said:

Lanner 3-4 Probus 

Hosted on a good size pitch, if not possibly the most uneven and bobbly I've ever seen.

Probus were 3-2 up at half time, scorers Martin bishop, Dean Southworth and Sam Hadfield. The downside was the 2 conceded, 2 gifts.

2nd half a challenge from Lanner lucky to avoid the red, not long after a penalty to Probus, nicely tucked away by Dean Southworth. Before a mistake from the GK gifted another Manner a 3rd, making the ending a little nervy for Probus.

Overall Probus deserved the win, but were grateful that too many mistakes didn't cost them the points today.

Nice to see veteran Martin bishop still playing!

15 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

f forgot to add to my earlier report.

Many thanks from both Wendron and Penzance go to referee John Reid who at 70 years old came out of retirement and gave up his Saturday afternoon to help out the county-wide shortage of officials and let both sets of players and supporters have a game today.

Echo those words. Wasn’t there myself but great stuff and thank you to Mr Reid. 

I never knew John had retired! Lovely guy who knows how to talk. I think 77 year old Dave Baxter has retired as he didn't appear on Full Time website last season. It's a shame when these long serving officials retire. They just seem to slip away without any fuss when they should be thanked for their years of service whether you agreed with them or not.

14 minutes ago, Fanfare said:

I never knew John had retired! Lovely guy who knows how to talk. I think 77 year old Dave Baxter has retired as he didn't appear on Full Time website last season. It's a shame when these long serving officials retire. They just seem to slip away without any fuss when they should be thanked for their years of service whether you agreed with them or not.

Great post and very relevant!

4 hours ago, fudge said:

Mariners 0 frogpool 8.No complaints from us totally outplayed by an excellent frogpool side who didnt stop playing and we just couldnt get a foot hold in all seriousness could of been alot more as i was named our man of match!!! Thanks for coming back to the pub all the best for the season.In my mind on todays showing will be hard to stop from winning the league!!!

Much appreciated! Thank you for the kind words mate, and thank you for the grub and for hosting us today.

You made some cracking saves. I was admittedly annoyed we didn’t score more, particularly in the first half.

One of the nicest clubs around, see you later in the season. Game excellently officiated by Andrew Murphy.

Goals for us from:

David Leach x3 (MOTM)

Own goal x2

Harry McMellon

Adam Coveney

Aarom Coveney

Penryn 6- 0 st day.

big game today in he premier division. Both sides wanting to prove a point. New look Penryn playing some of there best football of the season with players missing. St day looked good in spells, getting frustrated as they tried to play football. But Penryn taking there chances and trying to take control. The core of the side seems settled with Paul hart, Ryan caddy right through to the forwards working well together.  Early days but looking like there up for the challenge to fight for the league. Everyone wishing the best for st day this season. But from what it seems the premier division will be the hardest of them all. 

Man of the match

liam dent. Show quality in front of goal.

penryn goalscorers 

liam dent  x 5

matt macilroy x 1

Div.1

Newlyn NA (0) 0 -vs- 9 (6) Rosudgeon

Very good performance by Rosudgeon today. Up for the game from the first whistle. Newlyn lacked a little bit of grit in the first half, and some quality finishing by the visitors saw them stretch to an unasailable lead by half time. Better from the home team in the second half, unlucky not to grab a goal. But Rosudgeon have a strong team, a strong bench, and look good for a positive run this year. Couple of thunderbolts today, unstoppable. Congrats to Rosudgeon and good luck to Phil and the team for the remainder of the season.

1 hour ago, Tempo said:

Much appreciated! Thank you for the kind words mate, and thank you for the grub and for hosting us today.

You made some cracking saves. I was admittedly annoyed we didn’t score more, particularly in the first half.

One of the nicest clubs around, see you later in the season. Game excellently officiated by Andrew Murphy.

Goals for us from:

David Leach x3 (MOTM)

Own goal x2

Harry McMellon

Adam Coveney

Aarom Coveney

not a problem mate.we try our best but totally out played today!! Tbh felt like i made 20 saves in that 1st half was glad to get to half time only 3!!! lol.

12 hours ago, Timbotastic said:

Trelawney 1 

Newlyn Lions 8-0 Mawnan Res (HT 1-0)

After a difficult start to the campaign -  Lions got there there first win of the season. 

Well refereed by Eric Sleeman 

Newlyn put us to the sword in the second half, and fully deserved their first victory.  

Many thanks for the food after also.

13 hours ago, Timbotastic said:

Trelawney 1 

Newlyn Lions 8-0 Mawnan Res (HT 1-0)

After a difficult start to the campaign -  Lions got there there first win of the season. 

Well refereed by Eric Sleeman 

A tough 2nd half for mawnan res yesterday, having already made the trip to newlyn with several players missing then players getting injured during the game with me having to go upfront at 4-0,

Mawnan have not had a good start to the league but I wouldn't look to much into it as when we have our full strength team out we will be a decent team in the league .

Newlyn lions seemed a good bunch of lads and the ref done a good job also ,  

Penwith Exiles 8-2 stithians 

fairly straight forward match for us today. Starting to get back to our best with some of our goals being great team goals. Two lads going forward for stithians gave our defence some problems at times and can see them boys getting a few goals this year. 

Back to top of the premier division for us with the points chalked up sorry to dissapoint the people who thought it was the start of the downfall after our first game of the season ?

Also two high profile senior players dual signed for Penwith Exiles last night be sure to keep an eye out ?

Report put on Pz facebook page so slightly leaning towards the Magpies but describes the goals.

1st September 2018
Trelawny Division 3
Wendron United 4th's 3-12 Penzance Reserves

The game kicks off on time with a mist that kept coming back and forth all game. Luckily we managed to play the whole 90minutes

From the off Penzance put their hosts on the defence winning early corners. The second in the second minute, from the left is knocked over, flicked on for a Luke Carroll header at the back post.

A minute later from the restart Pz win the ball, break left, square for Pasha Wilson to fire in a low shot from 8yds out to make it 0-2.

Wendron break a couple of times but are caught off-side, something they did a few times during the game. At the other end, Penzance are putting in through balls but fire wide.

Wendron apply a bit of pressure and are rewarded in the 15th min to make it 1-2. A through ball down their right channel gives the striker time to shoot in cross goal.

We have 5 minutes of even play until the 20th minute when the floodgates open and The Magpies score another six before half-time.

20mins 1-3. Carroll zips through and even though he is tapped on the ankle by a defender, he staggers but stays upright to flick the ball past the advancing keeper.

23rd min. 1-4. A long high ball beats the off-side trap on the right hand side. Carroll runs on, gathers it, beats two defenders before scoring cross goal from 15yds out.

29th min. 1-5 A break, wide left, sees Tom Quick run in diagonally to fire in cross goal from the top outfield corner of the 18yd box.

Penzance' back line defending well and setting up the passing game for the mid-field.

31mins gone. 1-6 Wilson breaking through the middle, avoids a challenge , keeps running, swerves left to knock the ball in at the near post.

38th min, 1-7. Penzance again bring it down their left. The ball is cleverly crossed along the 6yd line for Wilson to get his hat-trick with a back post volley.

42mins. Another run through the middle leaving the defenders trailing. Keeper comes out to close the angles and Carroll flicks it past him to claim his fourth goal of the game. 
H-T

The second half is 4mins old when Penzance concede a free kick about 25yds out, right of centre. Wendron take the kick, curl it high around the wall and into the top left-hand corner of the net, 2-8.

Next Reece Evans gets a double strike in, both in the 53rd minute. Both through the middle, both low shots as far as I could tell from the misty far end. (It was starting to get thicker by now).

That made the game just about safe but Pz still attack, still pass and still tackle at the back with Drew Boyden making a great tackle to prevent a one on one. He came out of nowhere.

Wendron pull another back when a defencive mix-up 30yds out allows Wendron to go through one on one resulting in a flick past Simon Mortimer's outstretched arm. 3-10

79mins Pz now break right, square the ball for Quick to run onto it and he makes no mistake with a cross goal shot. 3-11.

The final goal of the game comes with 7mins left, again by Quick giving him his hat-trick as well. Again on the right, a lay off and another cross goal volley.
F-T

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/09/2018 at 10:55, Danielburt8 said:

Penwith Exiles 8-2 stithians 

Also two high profile senior players dual signed for Penwith Exiles last night be sure to keep an eye out ?

Drum rrrrrrrrrrrooooooooollllllllllllllllllllll.............and the players are.................

On 15/09/2018 at 17:01, Danielburt8 said:

Decided we don’t need them anymore pal ??

Well you certainly are on a great run. You did say they had “signed” in your post, but I guess not (although I note Pellow and Thomas seem to be new players names in your squad on the FA Full Time site).

58 minutes ago, Mangle said:

Well you certainly are on a great run. You did say they had “signed” in your post, but I guess not (although I note Pellow and Thomas seem to be new players names in your squad on the FA Full Time site).

Yeah when I said signed maybe I was abit to keen lol. But yeah decided against using any senior players got to where we have without any so might as well carry on