Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny Results - 29/8/18

Gwin 2-0 Illogan
Decent performance from my boys today, only thing letting us down is putting the game to bed when on top. First half we were on top all half creating numerous chances but scoring from Cameron Irish on both counts, both through great deliveries from Billy Foster. With so many players out we had to get some help with Cameron dropping down to help. But both teams on a level playing field with illogan having a couple from their first team. 
Think we played to our strengths first half and didn’t really give them a sniff. Don’t think they had an attempt in first half. Which was ideal for us. 
HT 2-0. 
Second half we were on top for most of it but again didn’t take our chances. Think we had  2/3 of the line and missed a few simple chances but didn’t matter in the end. Illogan looked like they were gunna break us down in the second half and we’re on top but I think our keeper made one save in particular I remember. 
A good performance from the lads and a clean sheet. Jordan Brown with another quality performance. I think even without Cameron Irish we would have won the game so that can’t be given as the reason we won! 
We now go to Illogan on Saturday for an away game but with 4/5 players not available but with the squad we have we’ll have a decent side out I’m sure. 
MOM Ashley Dunn. First clean sheet and will give him the world of confidence ?? 
Very happy with the performance. 

Mousehole 2-0 St Buryan (Ht 2-0)

Unfortunately 2 big decisions went against us again, but taking nothing away from Mousehole who took their chances and battled well. First a penalty that should’ve been brought back for a foul was well taken by the Mousehole winger, then a bizarre offside decision from the Mousehole lino to deny us a blatant equaliser. It still hasn’t been explained by either ref or lino - with all the neutrals watching as confused as us!

As I said, take nothing away from Mousehole who were well drilled, moved the ball nicely and competed fairly. Frustrating for us but we go again next Saturday. See you boys later in the season ??

5 minutes ago, Butters said:

Mousehole 2-0 St Buryan (Ht 2-0)

Unfortunately 2 big decisions went against us again, but taking nothing away from Mousehole who took their chances and battled well. First a penalty that should’ve been brought back for a foul was well taken by the Mousehole winger, then a bizarre offside decision from the Mousehole lino to deny us a blatant equaliser. It still hasn’t been explained by either ref or lino - with all the neutrals watching as confused as us!

As I said, take nothing away from Mousehole who were well drilled, moved the ball nicely and competed fairly. Frustrating for us but we go again next Saturday. See you boys later in the season ??

Never an offside in a million years mate, very unlucky to have that go against you. The resulting freekick leading to the second goal was the crucial  point in the game. You boys could have easily had 3/4 

51 minutes ago, DRichards said:

Gwin 2-0 Illogan
Decent performance from my boys today, only thing letting us down is putting the game to bed when on top. First half we were on top all half creating numerous chances but scoring from Cameron Irish on both counts, both through great deliveries from Billy Foster. With so many players out we had to get some help with Cameron dropping down to help. But both teams on a level playing field with illogan having a couple from their first team. 
Think we played to our strengths first half and didn’t really give them a sniff. Don’t think they had an attempt in first half. Which was ideal for us. 
HT 2-0. 
Second half we were on top for most of it but again didn’t take our chances. Think we had  2/3 of the line and missed a few simple chances but didn’t matter in the end. Illogan looked like they were gunna break us down in the second half and we’re on top but I think our keeper made one save in particular I remember. 
A good performance from the lads and a clean sheet. Jordan Brown with another quality performance. I think even without Cameron Irish we would have won the game so that can’t be given as the reason we won! 
We now go to Illogan on Saturday for an away game but with 4/5 players not available but with the squad we have we’ll have a decent side out I’m sure. 
MOM Ashley Dunn. First clean sheet and will give him the world of confidence ?? 
Very happy with the performance. 

Decent game to referee. Enjoyed it

52 minutes ago, Danielburt8 said:

Never an offside in a million years mate, very unlucky to have that go against you. The resulting freekick leading to the second goal was the crucial  point in the game. You boys could have easily had 3/4 

player came back from an offside pos to score. that is all I'm going to say.

Hayle Res 1,  Threemilestone 2.

Well after watching a decent performance from a referee last night, tonight i watched a terrible one. So inconsistant it was making me and my fellow watcher chuckle. But in the end Tms won so i shouldnt moan!

Threemilestone survived some early pressure and playing down the slope were soon on top and won a penalty for a bit of pushing, Joel Snape took responsibility and his pen was too close to the keeper who saved. Joel though soon put Threemilestone into the lead, running onto a through ball and slotting the ball under the keeper. Then shortly after another pen to Tms, this time Dave Welfare took over penalty duties and again a poor penalty was saved by the Hayle no1. Martyn Jay scored a second for the stones with a shot from 8 yards after a bit of a scramble in the box. Stones had several chances to put the game to bed but couldnt and then let 1 in at the other end, a good header following a corner from the old'ish defender (no4 i think). 2-1 at half time.  In the second half Tms again had good chances to finish the contest which they didnt which left for a nervous last 15 especially when you dont know what the ref is going to do next!  Anyway they managed to see the game out and deserved the 3 points although hayle put up a good fight. Pitch looked good and i guess about 20 watching.  M.o.m. was James Blackburn ?

22 minutes ago, Mr Bean said:

I was not there, and cannot comment on this particular decision. But, I run the line frequently these days (some kind of sadistic joy), and I can only say that although being human, I, like all others, are prone to making the odd mistake, but sometimes, especially in the case you mention, a player coming from an offside position to challenge for the ball in an "onside" position often gets jeers and gasps of disbelief. It occurs mainly as the challenge or controlling of the ball occurs at a time when the player is clearly onside. But, when the ball is played, often from a distance in these cases, no one notices the starting position of the offside player. So when the flag goes up, the "cheating b*stard" and "Ref, every time!" chants start. Just saying.

1 minute ago, Mangle said:

I was not there, and cannot comment on this particular decision. But, I run the line frequently these days (some kind of sadistic joy), and I can only say that although being human, I, like all others, are prone to making the odd mistake, but sometimes, especially in the case you mention, a player coming from an offside position to challenge for the ball in an "onside" position often gets jeers and gasps of disbelief. It occurs mainly as the challenge or controlling of the ball occurs at a time when the player is clearly onside. But, when the ball is played, often from a distance in these cases, no one notices the starting position of the offside player. So when the flag goes up, the "cheating b*stard" and "Ref, every time!" chants start. Just saying.

Completely understandable to make mistakes, we are all human! But when a player arrives late in the box to score a rebound from a save, you do have to question it! The referee at first told our players it was the initial header...then it was the rebound...then when I asked at HT he said he wouldn’t tell me. I politely asked the Mousehole lino at HT which player it was out of curiosity, to which I got ‘I don’t have to tell you anything’ as a response ?

33 minutes ago, Mr Bean said:

Josh findlay attacked the ball his team mate followed in coming from behind josh. Never offside and there is about 30 people dead in line with it ??. But whatever the decision was made. Changed the game for buryan

3 minutes ago, Butters said:

Completely understandable to make mistakes, we are all human! But when a player arrives late in the box to score a rebound from a save, you do have to question it! The referee at first told our players it was the initial header...then it was the rebound...then when I asked at HT he said he wouldn’t tell me. I politely asked the Mousehole lino at HT which player it was out of curiosity, to which I got ‘I don’t have to tell you anything’ as a response ?

Yes, doesn't sound anything like the situation I was describing. I shall retreat to my hole.... 

3 minutes ago, Danielburt8 said:

Josh findlay attacked the ball his team mate followed in coming from behind josh. Never offside and there is about 30 people dead in line with it ??. But whatever the decision was made. Changed the game for buryan

We still had 45 minutes to put it right ourselves, but didn’t do it. As you said decision is made, on to next week go again!

41 minutes ago, Danielburt8 said:

Sorry Danielburt8 but unless they were stood directly behind each other they could not have been dead in line ?

Penryn Res 4. Holmans 3

Trelawny Prem.

A rather entertaining 7 goal game. Both sides went for it from the off & Holmans led 0-2 at one point in the first half before Penryn levelled it up for 2-2 all still on the first half. 

Second half & Penryn looked the more likely to score , however around 65min Holmans scored from a corner only for Penryn to kick off & pretty much equalise. Penryn did look the likeliest to score late on  & a screamer of a strike won it with about 10-15 min left . Full credit to both teams lovely patches of football played . Nice to see the Ellis lads Dan & Lewis & my first game of prem footy for a few seasons. Penryn look a tough team if there’s more like this in the division fantastic entertainment to come?

Unsure of the gents name but well reffed I’ve not seen him before. Unlike a certain ref who was there watching goes by the initials KK very dodgy looking character always having a go at the poor Penryn Lino ??

9 hours ago, Danielburt8 said:

Never offside and there is about 30 people dead in line with it ??

I went to watch this game last night but was i at the same game? Have Mousehole got a stand now with tiered seating to get 30 people dead in line with the decision on the edge of the 6 yard box...interesting ?

2 minutes ago, burt said:

I went to watch this game last night but was i at the same game? Have Mousehole got a stand now with tiered seating to get 30 people dead in line with the decision on the edge of the 6 yard box...interesting ?

Mousehole have everything! They even have an official ref who has reffed a few games for them running on in his mousehole tracksuit to aid their injured players!. They have the lot up there ??

2 hours ago, MARKSY said:

Penryn Res 4. Holmans 3

Trelawny Prem.

A rather entertaining 7 goal game. Both sides went for it from the off & Holmans led 0-2 at one point in the first half before Penryn levelled it up for 2-2 all still on the first half. 

Second half & Penryn looked the more likely to score , however around 65min Holmans scored from a corner only for Penryn to kick off & pretty much equalise. Penryn did look the likeliest to score late on  & a screamer of a strike won it with about 10-15 min left . Full credit to both teams lovely patches of football played . Nice to see the Ellis lads Dan & Lewis & my first game of prem footy for a few seasons. Penryn look a tough team if there’s more like this in the division fantastic entertainment to come?

Unsure of the gents name but well reffed I’ve not seen him before. Unlike a certain ref who was there watching goes by the initials KK very dodgy looking character always having a go at the poor Penryn Lino ??

Yup, that's a fair summary of the game, thoroughly enjoyable with two pretty decent teams putting on a good show. 

Looks like a tough league this year. 

Thought there was more than one dodgy character there last night.... know what I mean! 

13 hours ago, fudge said:

div 2. mariners 4 ludgvan 4. end to end game where with both teams winning and losing all game.good game for neutral !!! ludgvan never give up.see u in 2 weeks.

Yeah the old boy sat next to our bench was absolutely loving it, end to end stuff! Really good competitive game played in a good spirit.....

Also see you this Wednesday the 5th (Not 2 weeks time) ;) 

13 hours ago, Ron Manager said:

Hayle Res 1,  Threemilestone 2.

Well after watching a decent performance from a referee last night, tonight i watched a terrible one. So inconsistant it was making me and my fellow watcher chuckle. But in the end Tms won so i shouldnt moan!

Threemilestone survived some early pressure and playing down the slope were soon on top and won a penalty for a bit of pushing, Joel Snape took responsibility and his pen was too close to the keeper who saved. Joel though soon put Threemilestone into the lead, running onto a through ball and slotting the ball under the keeper. Then shortly after another pen to Tms, this time Dave Welfare took over penalty duties and again a poor penalty was saved by the Hayle no1. Martyn Jay scored a second for the stones with a shot from 8 yards after a bit of a scramble in the box. Stones had several chances to put the game to bed but couldnt and then let 1 in at the other end, a good header following a corner from the old'ish defender (no4 i think). 2-1 at half time.  In the second half Tms again had good chances to finish the contest which they didnt which left for a nervous last 15 especially when you dont know what the ref is going to do next!  Anyway they managed to see the game out and deserved the 3 points although hayle put up a good fight. Pitch looked good and i guess about 20 watching.  M.o.m. was James Blackburn ?

I also watched the game last night, but refrained from putting up a report last night as if I said how i felt i knew I would get a load of comments saying about how we don't have enough refs to go around & they're doing a tough job Etc. But I'll say it today, I've never witnessed such a bad performance from an official. Not noticing when his linesman flagged for about 10 seconds. When it suited him players were made to wait for a whistle, other times they didnt. Extremely inconsistent, booking players for a shirt pull, letting other players off for dangerous late lunges. 2 penalties, countless bookings & red card, all in a junior game played in good spirits. The worst decision came in the second half when the Hayle forward (very good player) lunged to win a ball in the opposition half, the big tms midfielder got there first & turned out, meaning the lunging player went straight through the back of his legs, missing the ball by a yard (no malice in it just good play from the tms player). The ref gave Hayle a free kick & booked the tms midfielder, everyone in the ground couldn't understand what they'd just seen & even the Hayle player got up, shrugged his shoulders & started laughing. I've not seen Adam Price ref before but this was surely 1 he would like to forget.

The actual game of football was a decent watch. Tms started both halves well with Hayle finishing both strongly. Tms would have liked to have put the game to bed in the 1st half but Hayle will be kicking themselves not to grab a share of the points. 

9 hours ago, UtilityMan said:

Yeah the old boy sat next to our bench was absolutely loving it, end to end stuff! Really good competitive game played in a good spirit.....

Also see you this Wednesday the 5th (Not 2 weeks time) ;) 

haha the old boy on the bench was my grandad lol ahhh right my bad see u wednesday for another 8 goal thriller !!!!!!!

On 30/08/2018 at 09:08, Danielburt8 said:

Mousehole have everything! They even have an official ref who has reffed a few games for them running on in his mousehole tracksuit to aid their injured players!. They have the lot up there ??

Sounds to me like someone who really would want to be part of what 'Mousehole have up there' but is not up to the challenge or just scared to fly the nest of being the main man at Exiles!

10 minutes ago, burt said:

Sounds to me like someone who really would want to be part of what 'Mousehole have up there' but is not up to the challenge or just scared to fly the nest of being the main man at Exiles!

I’m not good enough to play for mousehole ? , also how do you know Iv never been asked to play there?. Take a seat next to Andy in the die hard mousehole stand ?

On 31/08/2018 at 14:28, Danielburt8 said:

I’m not good enough to play for mousehole ? , also how do you know Iv never been asked to play there?. Take a seat next to Andy in the die hard mousehole stand ?

I dont do if you have been asked, never said you haven't, but im nothing to do with Mousehole. Just a fan of football, seen you play many times in fact & think you would be good to play for Mousehole...why not call someone & test yourself?

11 minutes ago, burt said:

I dont do if you have been asked, never said you haven't, but im nothing to do with Mousehole. Just a fan of football, seen you play many times in fact & think you would be good to play for Mousehole...why not call someone & test yourself?

Iv never enjoyed football as much as I have playing with the lads I do at the minute. Some of the best young footballers around my local area in my opinion. Fingers crossed we get promotion this year and can test ourselves at a more senior level!