Cornwall Football Forum

Penzance Reserves 0-1 Perranporth

Penzance miss their 4th penalty in a row and it costs them dear. The only goal action is in the 15th minute when Perranporth break down their left. Pz keeper has to come out and the ball is lobbed over him. The ball comes down under the bar where Alex Arquati jumps higher than 2 Pz defenders to simple head tap the ball in from one inch. It would have gone in anyway we reckon.

Just after Perran break but Damien in the Pz goal makes a brillant save to tip the ball over the bar.

Pz played well and came back at them. A Pz corner on their right is floated in and headed out. Sam Long puts in a screamer which beats the keeper but Terry Ansell, the son of the Perranporth manager makes a good one-handed save. He's sent off and Jay Liddicoat steps up to take the spotkick. He blasts one over the top into the park where 2 community policemen spend a few minutes scrabbling around in the bushes to retrieve it for us.

Then a 40yarder from Jay Liddicoat goes high and wide travelling at speed.

Arquati gets booked for a rough tackle and a bit of verbals to the ref.

Perran player booked for a tackle and Darren Payne playing his first game for Pz for a couple of years gets booked at the same time for retaliating. by this time Perran have their backs to the wall a bit and the tackles start to fly in from both sides.

Pz get a corner and fire it over. Perran keeper makes a great one handed save from a back header from his own player. It was one of those instinctive ones.

Sam Long fires one in that skims and rattles the bar. Ref then gives a corner which amazes eveyone.

Corners were 4-4 (1st half 2-3 to Perran). Thats 3 more than Pz have had in their last 2 games. Each team had 1 shot which I regard as on target and Pz edged 5-3 on shots off target (or good chances) but goalie gets eaither scoops ball up or shot goes wide.

Crowd of 42 with quite a few from Perran. They must have one of the best numbers in the league for travelling supporters.

Day off next week, letting the rest of the league catch up to Pz :lol:

went to see .truros game v helston,after 30 mins.like men v boys truro played them off the park could and should have been bye a lot more goals. :drink:

i thought helston came out of the blocks well, but they didn't make the most of that early pressure. Truro scored a good goal and helston lost there way a bit.

second half truro got stronger and stronger and were the better team, every goal was well worked and well taken. Helston got a consolation goal which they deserved for not giving up but on the day class shone through and the score reflects the game well

Guest Helston Patriot

To be fair mrs p i think you must be on drugs! That is the Truro band wagon blinkers!

I thought we started better and had at least 4 good chances which were either saved or just wide of the post. Truro then scored with 5 minutes of the half left. Tight angle which sneeked in off the back post. jon Luds lucky to escape with just a yellow for a thigh high tackle on liam eddy! And the hardest 5 feet 1 incher stamping on eddy dunn in front of the ref was a disgrace. What was even worse was the ref said he never saw it from 10 yaards away! If your eye sight is that bad popeye maybe you shouldn't be in the job???!!!!??

Second half, Truro had a strong 15 minutes but i wouldn't say the goals were well worked. Granted they scored 3 quick goals but class didn't shine, fittness did. We did pull a goal back through steve Hawke which we definately deserved. If only we had scored are BETTER chances in the first half.

I have spoken to people over the season so far about Truro and they have all said the ref has been one sided. Personally i thought this was just sour grapes but they are right. it wasn't men V boys, as we dominated physically, it was 11 v 12. Normally a good ref but today, my god! I could name 4 Truro players who even said to me that the ref has ruined the game! POOR!!

At the end of the day, you splash the cash your going to want quality and thats what truro reserves have, Big fish in little ponds... the better team won. This is the first time i have played Truro since the money has been there, and the ego's and arrogance shows so much its quite embarrassing. I am not anti Truro by any means but some of the "players" do let themselves down by thier attitude and what they say, and more importantly let the club down.

Goodluck for the rest of the season, Looking forward to the game at our place!

Just like to add that these are my own comments and are not anything to do with Helston fc. Any complaints about my comments email me.

Watched Truro v Helston game as a neutral and without doubt the better side won. Truro just had that extra bit of class which is hardly surprising with several players who have turned out for the first team in action. Helston began well enough but lacked a cutting edge and once Truro took the lead with the help of very poor Helston defending when they failed to deal with a long ball forward there was only going to be one winner. On the referee front I thought Mr Phillpott did a very good job under the circumstances. Some of the tackles by both sides were reckless at best and dangerous at worst and he did well to keep it 11 against 11. Could not see any bias at all.

For god sake Helston Patriot why not just admit you were outplayed and outclassed by a far superior football team instead of making every excuse in the world as to why you lost.In fact Helston were lucky not to lose by a far bigger margin,after Truro scored the 4th goal they took there foot off the gas.You have blamed everyone and everything including the ref who I thought had a very good game and was fair to both sides.Why not just learn to give a good team the credit that they deserve even if you lose against them.

KIT.

He blasts one over the top into the park where 2 community policemen spend a few minutes scrabbling around in the bushes to retrieve it for us.

They were community policewomen actually CTB - quite tasty too!

However they put me off a goal kick. As i ran up there was a bleeping from their radios, i ended up slicing the ball along the floor straight out of play! At least i'll use that excuse anyway!

Guest hellboy

helston patriot

end of the day u were beat by the better team get on with it

ST JUST 2 PENRYN RESERVES 0

FIRST GOAL CAME FROM A WELL WORKED CORNER A JON ROW VOLLEY PAST PENRYN KEEPER.

THE SECOUND GOAL CAME FROM A ST JUST SUB TIMMY GEORGE SCORED WITH HIS FIRST TOUCH PAST THE PENRYN KEEPER. PENRYN NEVER REALLY TROUBELD ST JUST. ST JUST DESERVED THE WIN.

Guest Helston Patriot

Seriously Guys can you RE- READ my post??? I know its cornwall but come-on you lot can read?!?!?! Hellboy, did watch today??? Or just playing banjo down st just? :clapper:

I have said the better team won just ashame that some of the reserve team players are soo big headed and think they are above every one else... Atleast 4 players were playing who were on contracts and want out of it and only play combo because of that reason. For heaven sake THE BETTER/FITTER TEAM WON...

Goodluck wih rest of season all

Obviously I wasn't at the match today and so have nothing to say about fitness or well-worked goals, but I'm curious about HP's comments about the egos and arrogance. Basically, what does that mean?

That is, it's all well and good to throw around generalized terms in a fit of bitterness, but can you name any specific behavior that would demonstrate ego or arrogance? Were the players showing off with possession? Were they mocking the Helston support? Were they strutting around and taking their time to get back to the center circle after a goal? Did they give the Helston goal the slow hand clap? Can you support with examples the notion that the team have let themselves and their support down? Otherwise it's hard to credit that you're not, as you say, anti-Truro . . .

Now if they were doing those or similar things, then you've got a case -- but if they were just excited to be winning and looking pleased to beat a close rival, that's being competitive, isn't it?

Guest Helston Patriot

It was comments during the game and general attitude. I don't see why i feel i must justify my comments to you sir but as you, nor the other people posting were on the pitch, you would not of heard them nor understand. Its a real shame.

I reckon about 200

LISTEN FELLAS I WILL AGREE WE WERE BEATEN BY A BETTER TEAM. BUT I SERIOUSLY THINK THE SCORE DID FLATTER TRURO A BIT. YES THEY COULD HAVE SCORED MORE AT THE END BUT AS I SAID ON THE RADIO ITS ABOUT TAKING YOUR CHANCES OVER 90 MINUTES. VAUGN IN GOAL MADE AT LEAST 4 VERY GOOD SAVES TODAY WE COULD AND PROBABLY SHOULD HAVE BEEN 2-0 UP IN THE 1ST 10 MINUTES. BUT IT DIDNT HAPPEN THE 1ST GOAL WAS FROM A MISTAKE, BUT A VERY GOOD FINISH, 2ND GOAL ANOTHER SLACK PIECE OF DEFENDING. 3 RD GREAT HEADER BY MATT SALMON AND THE 4TH DAN RICHARDSON WAS ALLOWLED TO RUN 30 YDS WITH THE BALL TO SCORE FROM THE EDGE OF THE BOX. WE HAD A TERRIBLE 15MINUTES WHICH TURNED THE GAME TOTALLY OUR GOAL WAS REALLY WELL WORKED AND MORE THAN DESREVED.

I AGREE WITH LOTS OF COMMENTS ON HERE PATRIOT AND THE OTHERS. I FEEL THAT THERE WERE ALOT OF BAD CHALLENGES TODAY BUT TRURO CAN FEEL LUCKY NOT TO BE DOWN TO AT LEAST 10 AND IF IT WAS STAMPED OUT EARLY THEN THE REST WOULD NOT HAVE FOLLOWED.

THE REST OF THE COMBO CLUBS ARE NOT IN THE SAME CLASS AS TRURO THEY ARE FITTER AND ALL ROUND BETTER. BUT THEY SHOULD BE THATS WHY THEY PICK UP DESCENT MONEY EVERY WEEK. NOT KNOCKING IT AT ALL. BUT TO SAY WE WERE OUTCLASSED IS TOTALLY WRONG WE GAVE THEM A GOOD RUN SPEAK TO THE PLAYERS AND THERE ASSISTANT MANAGER. SOME PEOPLE WHOM WATCH THE GAME HAVE NEVER PLAYED IT TO ANY STANDARD AT ALL THATS WHY SOME COMMENTS ON HERE ARE TOTALLY STUPID. GOOD LUCK TRURO LONG WAY TO GO YET FOR ALL OF US...

I ALSO THINK MY COMMENTS ON RADIO CORNWALL WERE SPOT ON AS WELL AND AS I ALSO SAID A MORE IMPORTANT COMMENT WAS TO OUR SECRETARY STEVE GILBERT HOPE YOU GET BETTER SOON MY FRIEND!!!!!!

I said on here a few weeks back that Truro were head & shoulders above the rest of us. Full credit to Symon & the boys at Helston for thinking that they were in a position to catch Truro but even they must now realise that, like the rest of us, they are fighting for 2nd place.

As i said weeks ago Breas, your comments would come back & bite you on the ass m8, thats why people are having a dig at you bud ! :rolleyes:

Would also like to say, from everyone at Porthleven fc & from someone who knows Steve personally, get well soon m8. :clapper:

Perran player booked for a tackle and Darren Payne playing his first game for Pz for a couple of years gets booked at the same time for retaliating.

From where I was standing it seemed that the PZ player was blatantly holding Lee Denton down preventing him from getting up. When Lee tried to get up the PZ player pushed him back down which made Lee (probably foolishly) retaliate and resulted in the two simultaneous bookings but as I say that is just how it looked from where I was standing.

Jim - you played a blinder today and deserve total respect for an outstanding game.

I thought it was a good game from Perran today considering we played all except the first 25 minutes of it with 10 men. PZ didn't really put us under much pressure, in fact I'm sorry to say the ref provided more of a problem than the opposition with his rather one-sided style of referreeing. Great hospitality from Penzance FC (cracking cup of tea) and it was nice to meet you Cornish Teddyboy & put a face to the name :D

Guest hellboy

helston patriot

for the past 6wks u have been giving it all that. u should be concentrating on getting your mind ready for the BIG GAME instead of shooting your mouth of each week

you have had easy games up to now, now your club can realise what it is like at the top???? it aint easy.

Guest Helston Patriot

Kev, Being 2nd and winning 12/12 is a position to catch truro wouldn't you say? I didn't think we were, we showed we were. As you dont really know me kev you would have known that i never thought we would of won every game and beaten truro and won the league.. Helston have had a bad month thats all and we're still in the drivers seat for second place.

HellBOY, It's obvious that you definately dont know me as no matter where Helston are in the league i'd still shot my mouth off!!

By easy games do you mean these..

Beat hayle

beat wendron

beat HOLMANS

Beat ST IVES

Beat PERRANWELL

Beat mullion

Beat Perranporth

Beat newquay

Beat St day

Beat Falmouth

Beat Pz twice

Lost to AGGIE

Beat Culdrose twice

Beat ST JUST

Lost PERRANWELL

BEat Ludgvan

Drew ST IVES

Lost TRURO

The only teams we haven't played are Port and Illogen so how are the rest easy games? Granted the st just game was ;) Your comments are stupid

Newquay 1 -2 Illogan

Another win for us but took a while to find the goal not until 20 mins or so into the 2nd half with quite a well worked goal 4 or 5 passes starting from defence with Elly releasing Mark Miller to score another good goal.

Then after coming on as a sub Ryan Cooper made a good run through the middle and with a great flick from the outside of his boot he released Gary Sturmey to run through and score another good goal.

Then while looking very comfortable Newquay managed to get a definate pen after a rather rash challenge in the box which they scored.

Newquay did ok but never really troubled us in attack and looked like they missed Luke Weldon who played against us last time and is a class act.

Good bit of food after the game at Newquay and great bunch of lads all the best for the rest of the season except when we meet in the cup where i hope we will get the same result.

I watched the game too and decided I'd do a bit of notational analysis because I felt like it!

Here are some of the FACTS about the game.

Entries into the final third Truro Helston

(playing the ball into the final third with 1 link with a team mate

or dribbling/RWTB into final third) 37 19

Regaining possession in the final third 7 5

Effective crosses

(includes free-kicks and corners into first/second 6 yard box) 16 2

Non-effective crosses 13 11

Achieving set-plays in final third (not throw-ins) 15 7

Strikes on goal but off target 7 8

Strikes on target 7 5

Goals 4 1

I wasn't there to witness any possible arrogance etc, I went to see the County Youth players and to see if the postings today matched up to the actual facts. Figure it out for yourselves where the possession was and who had the most of the game.

You could use these stats to evaluate where your team could improve.

I thought the ref had a good game and Jonny Ludlam's foul was certainly no worse than Andy Miles' attempt at kung fu late in the game.

When I posted these stats I had everything all sorted with tabs etc but that all went by the wayside when I submitted the posting.

The first figure is for Truro and the second for Helston.

Sorry!

To be fair mrs p i think you must be on drugs! That is the Truro band wagon blinkers!

I thought we started better and had at least 4 good chances which were either saved or just wide of the post. Truro then scored with 5 minutes of the half left. Tight angle which sneeked in off the back post. jon Luds lucky to escape with just a yellow for a thigh high tackle on liam eddy! And the hardest 5 feet 1 incher stamping on eddy dunn in front of the ref was a disgrace. What was even worse was the ref said he never saw it from 10 yaards away! If your eye sight is that bad popeye maybe you shouldn't be in the job???!!!!??

Second half, Truro had a strong 15 minutes but i wouldn't say the goals were well worked. Granted they scored 3 quick goals but class didn't shine, fittness did. We did pull a goal back through steve Hawke which we definately deserved. If only we had scored are BETTER chances in the first half.

I have spoken to people over the season so far about Truro and they have all said the ref has been one sided. Personally i thought this was just sour grapes but they are right. it wasn't men V boys, as we dominated physically, it was 11 v 12. Normally a good ref but today, my god! I could name 4 Truro players who even said to me that the ref has ruined the game! POOR!!

At the end of the day, you splash the cash your going to want quality and thats what truro reserves have, Big fish in little ponds... the better team won. This is the first time i have played Truro since the money has been there, and the ego's and arrogance shows so much its quite embarrassing. I am not anti Truro by any means but some of the "players" do let themselves down by thier attitude and what they say, and more importantly let the club down.

Goodluck for the rest of the season, Looking forward to the game at our place!

Just like to add that these are my own comments and are not anything to do with Helston fc. Any complaints about my comments email me.

i have never taken drugs in my life,and after seeing tommys analysis and comments it shows i was right and you were played off the park and luckey to get away with a 4-1 score line,and your manager must be running at the 2.30 at ascot next week,hes that BLINKERED :yahoo: :yahoo:

Ladies, gents and the undecided!

Firstly can I just say Truro were worthy winners.

When the rumor drums were banging at the end of last season about the resources available to Truro CCL side only a fool would have bet against them, the fact is Truro FC have a dream and the CCL is only a stepping stone toward this goal. Hence they have well paid quality through-out there side, well paid, well drilled and disciplined, a credit to Mr Mewton. So if we all look at second place as being the new first place, black is the new grey and all that, Winno has taken Helston to where many want to be. Truro CCL side would no doubt win the SWPL with the side we played against yesterday. Mr Matthews your stats are most interesting, would you be so kind as to do that for every team that visits Truro in the CCL? If you did, although convincing, I am sure many will fare far worse and you’ll need a SKY SPORTS stats man to help you count! As for the Ref, well we all know that playing and watching we see a different aspect of the game, step down those who have never actually played!!, I felt he did not let the game flow, missed a lot of after the ball stuff for both sides, thought player taking out our goal scorer should have been booked at the least, Truro could have easily lost 2 and us one, 2 if Andy actually did get off the ground!! But refs have off days just like players.... they just seem to come around more frequently!! :lol:

Lastly good luck to Truro in their bigger dream but don’t forget your roots. :c:

Ladies, gents and the undecided!

Firstly can I just say Truro were worthy winners.

When the rumor drums were banging at the end of last season about the resources available to Truro CCL side only a fool would have bet against them, the fact is Truro FC have a dream and the CCL is only a stepping stone toward this goal. Hence they have well paid quality through-out there side, well paid, well drilled and disciplined, a credit to Mr Mewton. So if we all look at second place as being the new first place, black is the new grey and all that, Winno has taken Helston to where many want to be. Truro CCL side would no doubt win the SWPL with the side we played against yesterday. Mr Matthews your stats are most interesting, would you be so kind as to do that for every team that visits Truro in the CCL? If you did, although convincing, I am sure many will fare far worse and you’ll need a SKY SPORTS stats man to help you count! As for the Ref, well we all know that playing and watching we see a different aspect of the game, step down those who have never actually played!!, I felt he did not let the game flow, missed a lot of after the ball stuff for both sides, thought player taking out our goal scorer should have been booked at the least, Truro could have easily lost 2 and us one, 2 if Andy actually did get off the ground!! But refs have off days just like players.... they just seem to come around more frequently!! :lol:

Lastly good luck to Truro in their bigger dream but don’t forget your roots. :c:

well wrote eddie,first bit of sence on here for a long time :yahoo:

Guest Sport Lover

What do you mean Eddie when you say step down those who have never actually played? Do you mean Refs should not ref who have never played or people cant express an opinion about a match if they dont play football?

What do you mean Eddie when you say step down those who have never actually played? Do you mean Refs should not ref who have never played or people cant express an opinion about a match if they dont play football?

My reference was to anyone who can not make a informed judgement on what I said, ie seeing the game and/or its events from that of player or spectator, nothing to do with refs.. thats a whole different subject!

WHAT EDDIE IS TRYING TO SAY IN A NICE WAY IS WELL DONE TO TRURO YESTERDAY YES THEY ARE A GREAT SIDE AND WOULD BE A TOP 3 SIDE IN THE SWPL PREMIER. BUT THEY SHOULD BE. WHAT GETS MY GOAT ARE THE IDIOTS WHOM COME ON AND JUST GOB OFF. PERHAPS YOU SHOULD TALK TO THE TRURO PLAYERS OR MANAGEMENT BEFORE OPENING YOUR BIG GOBS. I REMEMBER MRS P GIVING HOLMANS A ROASTING A FEW WEEKS BACK WHEN THEY DREW1-1 WITH TRURO. WE PLAYED WELL YESTERDAY AND YES TRURO MAY HAVE HAD MORE POSSESION AND TERRITORIAL ADVANTAGE BUT WE HAD OUR CHANCES. IT ALL BOILS DOWN TO THAT IN ANY LEVEL OF FOOTBALL YOU PLAY IN AND YESTERDAY WE DIDNT TAKE OURS.

I WISH TRURO ALL THE BEST. BUT AS KEV RICHARDS SAYS ON HERE TO BREAS ALOT SOME OF THE COMMENTS ON HERE WILL COME BACK AND BITE UR ASS. LETS HOPE IT DON'T HAPPEN TO TRURO HEY!!!!

LETS GET BACK TO A BIT OF RESPECTABLE OPINIONS ON HERE AND THE SILLY PEOPLE PERHAPS EARLY RETIREMENT!!!

TOMMY HOW DO YOU THINK LIAM PLAYED YESTERDAY???????????

WHAT EDDIE IS TRYING TO SAY IN A NICE WAY IS WELL DONE TO TRURO YESTERDAY YES THEY ARE A GREAT SIDE AND WOULD BE A TOP 3 SIDE IN THE SWPL PREMIER. BUT THEY SHOULD BE. WHAT GETS MY GOAT ARE THE IDIOTS WHOM COME ON AND JUST GOB OFF. PERHAPS YOU SHOULD TALK TO THE TRURO PLAYERS OR MANAGEMENT BEFORE OPENING YOUR BIG GOBS. I REMEMBER MRS P GIVING HOLMANS A ROASTING A FEW WEEKS BACK WHEN THEY DREW1-1 WITH TRURO. WE PLAYED WELL YESTERDAY AND YES TRURO MAY HAVE HAD MORE POSSESION AND TERRITORIAL ADVANTAGE BUT WE HAD OUR CHANCES. IT ALL BOILS DOWN TO THAT IN ANY LEVEL OF FOOTBALL YOU PLAY IN AND YESTERDAY WE DIDNT TAKE OURS.

I WISH TRURO ALL THE BEST. BUT AS KEV RICHARDS SAYS ON HERE TO BREAS ALOT SOME OF THE COMMENTS ON HERE WILL COME BACK AND BITE UR ASS. LETS HOPE IT DON'T HAPPEN TO TRURO HEY!!!!

LETS GET BACK TO A BIT OF RESPECTABLE OPINIONS ON HERE AND THE SILLY PEOPLE PERHAPS EARLY RETIREMENT!!!

idiots gob off,kettle,black,come to mine :unsure:

WE BELIVE BUSHY YOU STUPID LITTLE BOY. THATS WHY WE ARE IN THE LEAGUE WHERE WE YOU ARE!!!! IF YOU DON'T BELIVE YOU NEVER WIN NOTHING. THATS WHY MY CABINET IS FULL OF THE SILVER STUFF!!!!!!!

idiots gob off,kettle,black,come to mine :unsure:

MRS P WHAT DO YOU ACTUALLY KNOW ABOUT FOOTBALL. OR HAVE U JUST GOT ON THE TRURO BUS OVER THE PAST COUPLE OF SEASONS

Winno,

Liam didn't get a lot of possession and was well marked when he did see the ball. The one thing I'd like to have seen was whether or not he could have stretched Truro in behind with his pace but he didn't get to play down the middle so we'll never know. When Steve Hawke got his goal it was because he upset them with pace so that's maybe an option for you.

Lots of teams will get a worse battering at Treyew Road than you did but if you look at the stats and interpret them correctly you'll see lots of ways you can improve as individuals and as a team. Let's face it, Truro should win these games and if you manage to grab second place to a team like theirs you'll have had a great season.

Good luck!

This is turning into a "lets all slag off Helston" because they lost to Truro but still have faith in each other, and the manager still has faith in his team, which is good to see. Helston do play good football and have got a team good enough to beat Truro, in my opinion. Who knows the return match maybe a different story. Good luck for rest of season Helston :thumbsup: :drink:

to be fair to Truro though, they don't get any of their players coming on here shouting there mouths off

you got to beleive you can beat the best, but over the course of the season, everyone, even Winno I would have thought, in their heart of hearts knew that Truro would always be to strong for the rest of the league

This is turning into a "lets all slag off Helston" because they lost to Truro but still have faith in each other, and the manager still has faith in his team, which is good to see. Helston do play good football and have got a team good enough to beat Truro, in my opinion. Who knows the return match maybe a different story. Good luck for rest of season Helston :thumbsup::drink:

well said Anita aslong as winno and his boys keep fighting there is still a long way to go and if helston win all their games in hand they will only be 3 points behind truro with truro to go to helston so remember winno it aint over till the fat bird sings :thumbsup:

HP go easy on st just you have to go there yet mate :P

Truro will find it very difficult down at Helston on their pitch!!

as always some people cant keep their mouth shuts, everyone plays because we want to, it doesnt matter where you are in the league, if you play because you want to let that be the end of it, not were higher than you blah blah blah!!

some people need to calm down and realise its a game that we play with our mates at the weekend etc!!

Right On Local boy!

Always something that stopped me posting before now is the people who use the forum as a way of having a go at an individual or club!

Like you said we play the game with our mates on a weekend... the forum is to discuss footballing matters with other footballing lovers.

Well done yesterday by the way, good result for a good bunch of guys who form a good team!

BUSHY I DONT NEED TO SPELL I GOT A SECRETARY TO DO IT FOR ME!!!!! YOUR STILL A SILLY LITTLE BOY . CAN'T WAIT TILL WE BUMP INTO EACH OTHER AGAIN!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA