Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Cornwall Combination League Results and Latest Table - Tuesday 28th August

5 hours ago, Smiler said:

Think you will have to ask yourself one question mate will St Day be fielding the same players should the return game be on a Saturday and Helston first team have a game?

Might be interesting to shut you up on that one but for now i will keep quiet, lets just say its a funny old game. Things change very quickly

9 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

Well, Maler, admittedly a prelim badge course in the early 70's would be viewed as a bit out of date (!) but since you ask: marking, tracking, jockeying, passing, finding shooting positions, mobility of strikers. And no, I won't be turning out at coaching sessions: no more commitments from me re football club organisation and an arthritic ankle and double ligament breakage in the left knee plus other medical problems - all age-related, sadly - preclude my being involved other than verbally. And you probably need a diploma to wash kit these days (Joke)! Now I just pay at the gate and am entitled to express an opinion.

I’m sure just coming down and sharing your vast knowledge of the game to a qualified coach wouldn’t hurt? Some of your points might be valid but sadly at a very poor combo standard players aren’t up to scratch like the pros with a high pass success rate etc 

14 minutes ago, skinner said:

Marks has played for Helston  ,St Day  holmans  all in one week

He’s class ain’t he & your point is !!

Seeing as your not in my home skinner Monday Helston his No1 team & priority Tuesday Joff is short due to holidays & work so he played for St Day also his 2 nd priority this season . Holmans last minute help out after the manager had a couple players who could not be released from work. What it is to be mega fit , oh I remember the days when I was around 3??

Any more you need to know give me a shout ?

1 hour ago, MARKSY said:

Seeing as your not in my home skinner Monday Helston his No1 team & priority Tuesday Joff is short due to holidays & work so he played for St Day also his 2 nd priority this season . Holmans last minute help out after the manager had a couple players who could not be released from work. What it is to be mega fit , oh I remember the days when I was around 3??

Can't blame the lad really can you, it isn't as if St Day or Holmans have reserve team players who are waiting for the much anticipated call up to the first team is it, o hang on? ?Poor from both managers to look elsewhere in my opinion, what sort of message does this send out to not only the current reserve players but any youngsters coming through the ranks!?

19 minutes ago, Sijames said:

Can't blame the lad really can you, it isn't as if St Day or Holmans have reserve team players who are waiting for the much anticipated call up to the first team is it, o hang on? ?Poor from both managers to look elsewhere in my opinion, what sort of message does this send out to not only the current reserve players but any youngsters coming through the ranks!?

The jealousy on here this morning ? I may be able to get contact numbers for both StDay & Holmans managers, would you like them? 

4 hours ago, MARKSY said:

Sat in my boat thought I had a nibble then Dave ?. Hee hee ?

1 hour ago, winston said:

I'm reliably informed that st day played 40 minutes with 10 men, started with their manager in goal, had 9 first team players out, borrowed two players & had 3 reserve team players aged 16 on the bench. So, yeah great point for lizard 

That is as far as I’m aware correct.?

10 hours ago, Sijames said:

No all the fact first and I think that will stop you from looking silly. At always use the Res when required and as for youngsters they never had so many coming through.?