Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Cornwall Combination League Results and Latest Table - Tuesday 28th August

Results for
Tuesday 28th August 2018
Falmouth Town Reserves (Oscar Fergus-Gay 2, Gavin Perraton 2, Ben Kellow, Max Everard) 6-0 Redruth United 
Att - 40
Helston Athletic Reserves (Ashley Stidwell, Fred Williams) 2-0 Porthleven Reserves
Att - 94
Lizard Argyle (Dagan Vaughan-Spruce, Tristan Hawkings ) 2-2 St Day (Dan Richards, Kyle Marks) 
Att - 60
Mullion (Lee Cattran, Tom Bryant, James Kaye) 3-1 Wendron United Reserves (Jack Noy)
Att - 30
Penryn Athletic P-P Carharrack 
Perranporth (Luke Wort, Jakob Springall) 2-1 Illogan RBL (Joe Carlyon) 
Att - 70
St Agnes (Terry Campbell, Charlie Kemp, Curtis Pay) 3-1 Perranwell (Chris Madeley)
Att - 68
St Ives Town (Max Davies 2) 2-0 Pendeen Rovers 
Att - 50
St Just (Jack Willis 4, Stuart Nicholls, Tom Mannering, Callum George) 7-0 West Cornwall 
Att - 35

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS
1 ST DAY 6 4 2 0 16 9 7 14
2 PERRANPORTH 5 4 1 0 13 4 9 13
3 HELSTON ATHLETIC RESERVES 5 4 0 1 24 6 18 12
4 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 4 4 0 0 17 4 13 12
5 ST IVES TOWN 5 3 2 0 8 1 7 11
6 LIZARD ARGYLE 5 3 1 1 19 6 13 10
7 ILLOGAN RBL 6 3 1 2 18 8 10 10
8 ST JUST 6 3 1 2 19 13 6 10
9 HAYLE 3 3 0 0 16 2 14 9
10 PENRYN ATHLETIC 4 2 1 1 10 2 8 7
11 PENDEEN ROVERS 5 2 0 3 17 7 10 6
12 MULLION 5 2 0 3 4 8 -4 6
13 ST AGNES 6 1 2 3 12 17 -5 5
14 WENDRON UNITED RESERVES 6 1 1 4 10 19 -9 4
15 PERRANWELL 4 1 0 3 4 6 -2 3
16 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 6 1 0 5 13 31 -18 3
17 WEST CORNWALL 6 1 0 5 6 32 -26 3
18 RNAS CULDROSE 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
19 CARHARRACK 4 0 0 4 5 29 -24 0
20 REDRUTH UNITED 5 0 0 5 4 31 -27 0

1 hour ago, Fosters91 said:

What’s the reason for Carharrack postponing tonight. It would be interesting to know the real reason why. How many players did they have tonight? League rules state you can play with 7. Surely they could have got 8 or 9 and get the game played. 

I don't know the reason, just that the game is off.

Perranporth 2, Illogan RBL 1

End-to-end 100mph game, Perran should have been out of sight by half time but after going ahead in the 7th minute they missed a hatfull of chances and it went to 1 - 1 on 35 through a soft penalty.

"nd half and Perran went 2 - 1 up on 49 but then huffed and puffed, letting Illogan back into the game especially after a couple of good subs came on and it was Illogan who might have at least stolen a point but for missed chances.

Lots of evidence of a lack of decent coaching from both teams - very frustrating!

Nice to spend time with Micky Fox, Lester Thomas and (still at Perran) Glen Mather - it was like "Last of the Summer Wine"!

Tea 1 pound!

And back in time for "Age Before Beauty" at 9 on BBC1. Bliss!

21 minutes ago, Tom Trust said:

End-to-end 100mph game, Perran should have been out of sight by half time but after going ahead in the 7th minute they missed a hatfull of chances and it went to 1 - 1 on 35 through a soft penalty.

"nd half and Perran went 2 - 1 up on 49 but then huffed and puffed, letting Illogan back into the game especially after a couple of good subs came on and it was Illogan who might have at least stolen a point but for missed chances.

Lots of evidence of a lack of decent coaching from both teams - very frustrating!

Nice to spend time with Micky Fox, Lester Thomas and (still at Perran) Glen Mather - it was like "Last of the Summer Wine"!

Tea 1 pound!

Soft penalty? Clear handball!

Fantastic penalty by Dan Richards and a great finish by Kyle Marks tonight down at the Lizard. Admittedly the sending off of Jacob Cleverly was uncalled for considering Lizard had numerous chances of being sent off. Absolutely shocking refereeing, and the decisions that were made throughout the 90 minutes were horrendous. He obviously didn’t leave his cards at home tonight. A great evening game ruined by the foul mouthed fans of the Lizard and a terrible ref ?? Well done St Day. 

2 minutes ago, West Cornwall FC said:

Be interested to know why the Caharrack game was postponed and what the result will be (replay, points awarded etc) as I tried to postpone our game over a week ago knowing that 6.15 at St Just would be nigh on impossible to get players too, I had a simple no as a reply.

So we managed to get 11 and got battered.

Well done  west Cornwall for fulfilling the fixture. I'm sure they got a fine for not fulfilling the game. Surely though, if they could get 8 or 9 out on the pitch, it would save the club a hefty fine 

14 minutes ago, Mr Justice said:

Hold onto your hats. Pendeen will be on here soon with I'm sure something to say about the match official...never their fault. A couple sent off

I believe Pendeen captain sent off for 2 yellows in the first half and another player sent off in the second half for deliberately stamping on a St Ives player’s chest whilst on the floor.

Good game at perranporth tonight . 

Illogan started well but then Perran scored aginest the run of play which got them going but couldn’t get the 2nd goal , then illogan got a life line with a pen which then moved the game in there favor and they finished the 1st half the better side.

Perran came out the better side in the 2nd half and got there 2nd goal and had a few more chances but to no joy, some good subs from the illogan bench changed the game and if not for some poor finishing they could of pinched a point.

Ref had a good game and the game was played in front of a good crowd so all in all a good advert for local football

46 minutes ago, CornishFan95 said:

Fantastic penalty by Dan Richards and a great finish by Kyle Marks tonight down at the Lizard. Admittedly the sending off of Jacob Cleverly was uncalled for considering Lizard had numerous chances of being sent off. Absolutely shocking refereeing, and the decisions that were made throughout the 90 minutes were horrendous. He obviously didn’t leave his cards at home tonight. A great evening game ruined by the foul mouthed fans of the Lizard and a terrible ref ?? Well done St Day. 

Have to say I agree with this mostly,  Graham Tippet was refereeing & it was atrocious Lizards 17 was fouling all over the pitch was rightfully yellowed & a horrendous tackle close to half time by 17 warranted the second only for Tippet to tell him off after booking him for less for his yellow. 

He was then rightly removed by his gaffer to be replac ed by the sub who second half got two yellows & went anyway. Lizard very physical side & will do well to keep 11 players on the pitch every week if they play like that. Decent team though? Shame the bold headed manager had a lot to say when St Day players were down injured at different times , there’s banter & there’s being a.  Anyway with reference to Tippet he was I’m afraid shameful . 2 reds god knows how many yellows & it was all about who the boss is , well not you I’m afraid ?? 

St Agnes 3 -1 The Well - The original game of two halves, the Well started brightly and scored early with a well taken header from Chris Madely, they then spurned a cluster of chances to increase their lead with bright wing play from Matt Lane and Snapesy bringing chances we couldn't finish. Second half started with more of the same until Aggy equalised and the momentum switched, it was a bit like watching the United Spurs match the night before. A penalty for Aggy rightfully given, followed by a deflected free kick that Adam could do nothing to save, summed up our night. Despite a final five minute Alamo siege on the Aggy goal, the Well couldn't score again and that was that.

We go again on Saturday. Well played St Agnes and the referee who had an excellent game. Thanks to Kimmo and Mandy for the usual hospitality, good luck for the rest of the season.

9 hours ago, MARKSY said:

Have to say I agree with this mostly,  Graham Tippet was refereeing & it was atrocious Lizards 17 was fouling all over the pitch was rightfully yellowed & a horrendous tackle close to half time by 17 warranted the second only for Tippet to tell him off after booking him for less for his yellow. 

He was then rightly removed by his gaffer to be replac ed by the sub who second half got two yellows & went anyway. Lizard very physical side & will do well to keep 11 players on the pitch every week if they play like that. Decent team though? Shame the bold headed manager had a lot to say when St Day players were down injured at different times , there’s banter & there’s being a.  Anyway with reference to Tippet he was I’m afraid shameful . 2 reds god knows how many yellows & it was all about who the boss is , well not you I’m afraid ?? 

Got to agree on that shameful ref didn't have a clue , spoilt wot could and should have been a cracker  ,but hey we need refs to get games on May be next time we get one who knows wot he is doing ,?

11 hours ago, bighairydave said:

Soft penalty? Clear handball! 

Well, I thought so. Hand to ball or ball to hand? No VAR to help!

I didn't mention Perranporth's lack of a linesman on the night - not their fault, the geezer 'phoned in sick shortly before kick-off but the poor lad who got lumbered with the flag didn't have a clue. Surely ALL players should know when a ball is and isn't out of play - he didn't - and should understand the offside rule, the new version of which must have been in place for most of the lad's time in the game - but then I used to notice at Truro, at that level , how many players and spectators didn't understand the rule. Fortunately last night the result didn't hinge on any decision the stand-in lino did or didn't make. Poor lad: you turn up ready to play, get lumbered with the flag and don't get called on to come on as sub!

any reports from the Helston vs Porthleven derby? a fairly big crowd so i assume someone must be able to report. 2-0 must, without being disrespectful, feel like a good result to porthleven having lost heavily recently... have they signed new players?

41 minutes ago, Tom Trust said:

Well, I thought so. Hand to ball or ball to hand? No VAR to help!

I didn't mention Perranporth's lack of a linesman on the night - not their fault, the geezer 'phoned in sick shortly before kick-off but the poor lad who got lumbered with the flag didn't have a clue. Surely ALL players should know when a ball is and isn't out of play - he didn't - and should understand the offside rule, the new version of which must have been in place for most of the lad's time in the game - but then I used to notice at Truro, at that level , how many players and spectators didn't understand the rule. Fortunately last night the result didn't hinge on any decision the stand-in lino did or didn't make. Poor lad: you turn up ready to play, get lumbered with the flag and don't get called on to come on as sub!

If your so clued up why didn’t you offer the flag? 

Lizard 2-2 St Day

A game we knew was going to be tough when going in to it. Lizard started off the better side, playing the football but also with a few shakey moments at the back to try judge the long ball game of St Day. Around 5 minutes the first goal came. A defensive mix up between the centre back and stand in goalkeeper for St Day allowed Dagan Vaughan-Spruce to slot away another goal this season. Around 5 minutes after, a St Day cross is whipped in, caught by the keeper who then drops the ball due to being fouled (nothing given), when running for the ball, grabs the St Day striker, pulls him back, penalty. Calmly placed to the left of the keeper who guessed the right way, just couldn’t get anything on it. Then the cards came, some fairly given, some bizarrely given. There weren’t any dirty challenges in my opinion, just hard ones. It’s a contact sport at amateur level. Expect a few niggles and kicks and get on with it. One thing I didn’t agree with, on both sides in the end, was asking for cards. Uncalled for.

Second half, Lizard again started the brighter, creating a few chances but nothing too dangerous for the St Day keeper. St Day’s long ball was proving a problem at times for the Lizard back four but was dealt with. Then St Day went down to 10 men, 2 yellows, one for mouthing off I think, the other for pushing over a player waiting to take a free kick. Probably the right decision. St Day’s number 6 and 11 changed things up with good surging runs, one of which resulted in a very good finish by Kyle Marks, chipping through the tightest of angles, over the keeper. After a previous booking for unsporting conduct, number 6 running past and celebrating in the keepers face warranting nothing was bizarre and showed inconsistentcy, but there we go, another talking point in the game, the inconsistency. Lizard pushed on, going to 3 at the back to grab the equaliser. It came, a strong finish by Tristan Hawkings after the ball was drilled across the box. 2-2. Our Lizard player then sent off for 2 yellows, one for kicking the ball away stopping a quick free kick, the other for a mistimed challenge, again, probably the right decision. Then the controversy, 90+ minutes played, ball comes in, parried out by the St Day keeper, another player finishes. 3-2. Nope. Flag up, offside, poorly explained decision, we’ll never know if it was right or not.

A draw probably a fair result in the end against two battling sides. Lizard playing football at times alongside long ball. St Day playing long ball with a few strong runs mainly down the middle. St Day keeper made a great save across his goal line, one cleared off the line by a St Day defender, numerous chances for Lizard and also St Day.

As for foul mouthed Lizard supporters, they give as good as they get, when St Day fans were asked to move behind the barrier (for obvious reasons), they replied with a stern ‘F*CK OFF.’ I’ll leave it to you to judge ? Our ‘bald’ manager has absolutely no recognition of saying anything when an injured player was down so not sure where that has come from. By the way he’s thinning, not bald, not yet.

Some very rose tinted glasses I think by some St Day supporters by the looks of things.

Hopefully this report is as honest and non-bias as it can get.

1 hour ago, BBrad1 said:

Lizard 2-2 St Day

There weren’t any dirty challenges in my opinion, 

Some very rose tinted glasses I think by some St Day supporters by the looks of things.

If your 17 did not put one dirty challenge in then you my friend are wearing the rose tinted glasses !!

Good luck to Lizard for the rest of the season .

9 minutes ago, MARKSY said:

If your 17 did not put one dirty challenge in then you my friend are wearing the rose tinted glasses !!

Good luck to Lizard for the rest of the season .

People leave legs in and put themselves about all the time, it’s football, not ballet ? maybe if you weren’t staring at your boy to see if he was alright every time he got tackled then you’d have a better, sorry different, opinion ?

All the best!

9 minutes ago, BBrad1 said:

People leave legs in and put themselves about all the time, it’s football, not ballet ? maybe if you weren’t staring at your boy to see if he was alright every time he got tackled then you’d have a better, sorry different, opinion ?

All the best!

ha ha 

13 minutes ago, BBrad1 said:

All the best!

You're correct, its not ballet. However I think I speak for a lot of the people watching last night that would agree that your 17 should of been sent off within the first 20 minutes. Great tackles were made last night by both teams but cards were thrown around ridiculously.

I assume Marksy's boy is Kyle Marks? Im sure he went down due to one of your lot putting a two footer in? It was extremely dark by the time your number 12 decided to walk off the pitch after being sent off that I may of missed these 'other' tackles. Apologies ?

21 minutes ago, BBrad1 said:

All the best!

?? no bad challenge on my boy as you put it & delighted that you know him so well as for my admiration of him I don’t see anything else on the pitch your spot on why would I . He’s great ain’t he ??

Two points really. We,ve had some supposedly shocking refereeing over the last week or so reported on the forum, so when we do get a good refereeing performance let’s report on that and name the ref! Works both ways! Must admit I’ve seen Mr Tippett referee and he’s a bit aggressive towards the players, saw a youngish ref the other day, Matt Arthur? and he was shouting in the players and managers faces!!!  Most players or ex players will say the best refs you don’t notice or ones you can talk to and they speak back treating you like adults. Think a ref who tries to bully the players will only antagonise them and make it a harder job for themselves. Just look at the likes of Kevin Knowles, George Pattison etc, they’re part of the game and have the players respect. The other point was all very well saying if Carharrack could raise 7 or 8 players they should fulfill the fixture at Penryn. That’s fine but a group of 16/17 year olds outnumbered by 3 or 4 players against one of the best teams in the league and losing 15-0 is not going to achieve much apart from wreck the players confidence going forward. Sometimes cancelling is not ideal but the sensible conclusion. Oh yeah, I’m sure Marksy would watch his lad play like any proud dad! He’s a smashing player. Gone

6 minutes ago, CornishFan95 said:

I assume Marksy's boy is Kyle Marks? Im sure he went down due to one of your lot putting a two footer in?

2 minutes ago, MARKSY said:

?? no bad challenge on my boy as you put it ?

Just writes itself here doesn’t it ?

7 minutes ago, CornishFan95 said:

I think there was a hint of sarcasm from Marksy there? Do you live in the Lizard as well as support them BBrad1?

Cornishfan 95 I’m never sarcastic always truthful though I’m sure Brad comments are either because he’s not a very good player or he has a jealous streak ?

12 minutes ago, CornishFan95 said:

I think there was a hint of sarcasm from Marksy there? Do you live in the Lizard as well as support them BBrad1?

You boys texting each other so you can get your replies in together??

I was in goal, tried keeping what I’ve reported as honest and neutral as I can.

17 minutes ago, BBrad1 said:

You boys texting each other so you can get your replies in together??

I was in goal, tried keeping what I’ve reported as honest and neutral as I can.

Texting ??mate appreciate your honesty bud don’t know who 95 is half the people on here hide behind an alias . 

You cant see nothing in goal ??

10 hours ago, BBrad1 said:

Lizard 2-2 St Day

A game we knew was going to be tough when going in to it. Lizard started off the better side, playing the football but also with a few shakey moments at the back to try judge the long ball game of St Day. Around 5 minutes the first goal came. A defensive mix up between the centre back and stand in goalkeeper for St Day allowed Dagan Vaughan-Spruce to slot away another goal this season. Around 5 minutes after, a St Day cross is whipped in, caught by the keeper who then drops the ball due to being fouled (nothing given), when running for the ball, grabs the St Day striker, pulls him back, penalty. Calmly placed to the left of the keeper who guessed the right way, just couldn’t get anything on it. Then the cards came, some fairly given, some bizarrely given. There weren’t any dirty challenges in my opinion, just hard ones. It’s a contact sport at amateur level. Expect a few niggles and kicks and get on with it. One thing I didn’t agree with, on both sides in the end, was asking for cards. Uncalled for.

Second half, Lizard again started the brighter, creating a few chances but nothing too dangerous for the St Day keeper. St Day’s long ball was proving a problem at times for the Lizard back four but was dealt with. Then St Day went down to 10 men, 2 yellows, one for mouthing off I think, the other for pushing over a player waiting to take a free kick. Probably the right decision. St Day’s number 6 and 11 changed things up with good surging runs, one of which resulted in a very good finish by Kyle Marks, chipping through the tightest of angles, over the keeper. After a previous booking for unsporting conduct, number 6 running past and celebrating in the keepers face warranting nothing was bizarre and showed inconsistentcy, but there we go, another talking point in the game, the inconsistency. Lizard pushed on, going to 3 at the back to grab the equaliser. It came, a strong finish by Tristan Hawkings after the ball was drilled across the box. 2-2. Our Lizard player then sent off for 2 yellows, one for kicking the ball away stopping a quick free kick, the other for a mistimed challenge, again, probably the right decision. Then the controversy, 90+ minutes played, ball comes in, parried out by the St Day keeper, another player finishes. 3-2. Nope. Flag up, offside, poorly explained decision, we’ll never know if it was right or not.

A draw probably a fair result in the end against two battling sides. Lizard playing football at times alongside long ball. St Day playing long ball with a few strong runs mainly down the middle. St Day keeper made a great save across his goal line, one cleared off the line by a St Day defender, numerous chances for Lizard and also St Day.

As for foul mouthed Lizard supporters, they give as good as they get, when St Day fans were asked to move behind the barrier (for obvious reasons), they replied with a stern ‘F*CK OFF.’ I’ll leave it to you to judge ? Our ‘bald’ manager has absolutely no recognition of saying anything when an injured player was down so not sure where that has come from. By the way he’s thinning, not bald, not yet.

Hopefully we will have a different ref when we welcome you to Vogue Park who won’t ruin the game for both sides and actually play it on a day when we can actually see for 90 minuets....it might help your goal keeping . 

As for the fans near the touch line maybe you should put something else around the pitch instead of some rope ? 

Once a saint always a saint

??

2 hours ago, BBrad1 said:

All the best!

Talking about ballet, What was your player doing when the St.day player got his second yellow??

7 hours ago, Spectator92 said:

Hopefully we will have a different ref when we welcome you to Vouge Park who won’t ruin the game for both sides and actually play it on a day when we can actually see for 90 minuets....it might help your goal keeping . 

As for the fans near the touch line maybe you should put something else around the pitch instead of some rope ? 

??

Vogue Park ?

On 28/08/2018 at 21:03, Tom Trust said:

Tea 1 pound!

So what level of coaching do you have Tom?? You openly slate both teams coaching, what do you feel they need to work on?? I can assure you Steve at perranporth is a superb coach who puts so much time and effort into the game, but you must be right, he lacks that much coaching ability he only helped them win the league last season ? he’s also coached and played at a higher level then we have down here! But you must be right after all. I’m sure mike at illogan and his coaching team but a lot of effort in as well. Be nice if you pop down to a training session and point Steve in the right direction, look forward to seeing you there ???

9 hours ago, Sticker Forever said:

Two points really. We,ve had some supposedly shocking refereeing over the last week or so reported on the forum, so when we do get a good refereeing performance let’s report on that and name the ref! Works both ways! Must admit I’ve seen Mr Tippett referee and he’s a bit aggressive towards the players, saw a youngish ref the other day, Matt Arthur? and he was shouting in the players and managers faces!!!  Most players or ex players will say the best refs you don’t notice or ones you can talk to and they speak back treating you like adults. Think a ref who tries to bully the players will only antagonise them and make it a harder job for themselves. Just look at the likes of Kevin Knowles, George Pattison etc, they’re part of the game and have the players respect. The other point was all very well saying if Carharrack could raise 7 or 8 players they should fulfill the fixture at Penryn. That’s fine but a group of 16/17 year olds outnumbered by 3 or 4 players against one of the best teams in the league and losing 15-0 is not going to achieve much apart from wreck the players confidence going forward. Sometimes cancelling is not ideal but the sensible conclusion. Oh yeah, I’m sure Marksy would watch his lad play like any proud dad! He’s a smashing player. Gone

I thought the referee at the St Ives v Pendeen game was good.

17 hours ago, Spectator92 said:

Hopefully we will have a different ref when we welcome you to Vogue Park who won’t ruin the game for both sides and actually play it on a day when we can actually see for 90 minuets....it might help your goal keeping . 

??

Think you will have to ask yourself one question mate will St Day be fielding the same players should the return game be on a Saturday and Helston first team have a game?

Why oh why is everyone nit-picking?

4 -6 games in and you are at each others throats. You can't change the results, referee's decisions but still you continue to knock each other.

Come-on lads there are clubs that seem to be on their last legs, get behind them, we need to keep as many local teams as we can, not put people off the game either playing or watching.

13 minutes ago, Paul C said:

I'm sure they could find themselves a couple more Peninsula players to help out... £££

Clubs or spectators have been paying out expenses money since the formation of the league in 1959. When Truro City won the Combo League  in 2007-08 it was rumoured Mr Heaney paid out £50,000 and other rumours were the following season Perranporth were promoted after being given £25,000 to spend by a builder. 

Money, expenses, gifts in kind, you can't stop it.

12 hours ago, Maler10 said:

what do you feel they need to work on??

Well, Maler, admittedly a prelim badge course in the early 70's would be viewed as a bit out of date (!) but since you ask: marking, tracking, jockeying, passing, finding shooting positions, mobility of strikers. And no, I won't be turning out at coaching sessions: no more commitments from me re football club organisation and an arthritic ankle and double ligament breakage in the left knee plus other medical problems - all age-related, sadly - preclude my being involved other than verbally. And you probably need a diploma to wash kit these days (Joke)! Now I just pay at the gate and am entitled to express an opinion.

1 hour ago, Paul C said:

I'm sure they could find themselves a couple more Peninsula players to help out... £££

St Day have a great team out there and have had a fantastic start to the season. Unless you want to share your evidence of these players being paid I honestly dont think you have any right to comment?