Cornwall Football Forum

Plymouth Parkway vs Wellington

Hi,

I was a neutral at the Parkway vs Wellington match last night and knocked up this match report.  There's a fair few photos in there as well.

I thought that the performance by Parkway was really impressive, and they looked by far the better side throughout.  Anyway, here's the report, hope it's of some interest...

Plymouth Parkway vs Wellington

Regards,

GRTourist

1 hour ago, THE BALD ONE said:

What a great report . It was nice to meet you and your dad last night and look forward to you covering another game some time. 

Must agree , Yetton was my man of the match.

Two questions for Bald One (or anyone else who wishes to comment).

Are Parkway a better side without Shane Krac?

Should Mike Smith be a regular starter?

15 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

I suggested this a few weeks back . seems without krac a few players have really shone and started to look decent players and its helping the team . not saying krac not a good player just maybe his influenceholds a few players back  

GRTourist - great report, thank you, felt like I was there!

On the Shane Krac question, IMO, he is without doubt one of the very best midfielders at this level - however his trademark “scissor’ tackle is a red card waiting to happen every game - he is at his best when combative but at this level if Parkway have to play with 10 it will cause them problems - he has played high enough to know this so his continued use of the tackle  must be a concern to Mr Hobbs. Nice position to be in though to even contemplate playing without him. 

31 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Trying to put me on the spot Way of The Park ?

Yes Mike Smith should be a regular starter.

I do agree with Bob above to be fair , but answering your question ( In my opinion ) I prefer Joyce and Pople in a midfield pairing. Do I think Parkway are better without him hmmmmm, its a difficult one that . When he plays nearly everything goes through him and Joyce tends to play the deeper role . Right off the fence ......... NO - I do not think Parkway are a better team without  him.

37 minutes ago, THE BALD ONE said:

Trying to put me on the spot Way of The Park ?

Yes Mike Smith should be a regular starter.

I do agree with Bob above to be fair , but answering your question ( In my opinion ) I prefer Joyce and Pople in a midfield pairing. Do I think Parkway are better without him hmmmmm, its a difficult one that . When he plays nearly everything goes through him and Joyce tends to play the deeper role . Right off the fence ......... NO - I do not think Parkway are a better team without  him.

No agenda, just honest question. From reading the report, both Pople and Joyce were outstanding in centre midfield. The 4-4-2 seems to work as well, seems like an extra centre midfielder would nullify this system.

2 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

No agenda, just honest question. From reading the report, both Pople and Joyce were outstanding in centre midfield. The 4-4-2 seems to work as well, seems like an extra centre midfielder would nullify this system.

You know me Way of the Park , I always like a 4-4-2 .  I see where you are coming from tho. Parkway played very well last night and controlled the game . Wellington looked weaker in every position . We will have many more tougher games than this.

I enjoyed it and look forward to Saturday.

Cmon Parkway.