Cornwall Football Forum

SALTASH UNITED v ST AUSTELL

I just came home from the Kimberley stadium after watching a fantastic game. It was slightly spoiled by the fact that 33.3% of the lights are not working and as far as I can remember it was the same story last season. My concern would be that if there is an FA Cup replay to be had would the game be permitted to be played ??? I feel it’s okay to fund an expensive group of players to create a quality side But surely it wouldn’t be difficult to replace the broken lamps in the floodlights ????

I’m not one of those fans that likes to find something to moan about but the lighting did seriously affect my view on the game and I certainly wasn’t the only person in the ground that noticed 

57 minutes ago, Rocket Ronnie said:

Blazey had a whole pylon out and another 2 bulbs on the one next to it last friday.  Newquay had about 4 lights out last night. Only had 3 months to sort it out!!

There was lights working on every pylon. Some you have to walk round to see that their on at Blaise Park.

First half quite even with both sides creating half chances . St Austell scoring with a deflected shot from Chris Reski and a Liam eddy goal after a good through ball from TC . A penalty just before half time got the ashes back into it . 2 nd half was back against the wall for town with ashes deservedly equalising. Ashes played some good football and created several half chances 2nd half , with town looking dangerous on the break . Must agree with the lighting , very poor to watch and must of been a nightmare to play under 

Good game, 2 good teams.

Saltash play out from the back really nicely and St Austell were full of energy. Game was the battle of the 2 best "partnerships" in Cornish football for me, Richards & Hughes for Saltash are a brilliant pair and in my opinion the best partnership (although I am obviously biased) in Golds & Eds for Town. 

St Austell got 2 nil up and then the game swung with the award of a horrendous penalty on the stroke of half time, how the ref can give it is beyond belief, that obviously altered the game. 

Second half fair play Saltash dominated despite St Austell looking really good on the break and a draw is a fair result, both teams will be up there you would think. 

St Austell showed real guts in the second half to hang on and Damo & Slates have got them set up brilliantly (way better than the last bloke!) 

Thought Jack Calver was outstanding for St Austell ad young lad in the middle of the park for Saltash was decent. 

I do not normally comment on refereeing decisions but after seeing the penalty awarded to SaItash I have to agree it was a terrible mistake by the ref.If anything St Austell should have had a free kick and the Saltash player booked or even sent off for lunging at his opponent.

33 minutes ago, Ron Manager said:

Just seen the twitter video. Referee definately seen something i havn't. Free kick to St Austell in my opinion. 

Would totally agree - but Ref only had one chance to view it - poor decision and the Saltash striker should bow his head in shame. 

On a lighter note the twitter feed about the decision is hilarious?