Newquay        2,    Sticker        1        

DIVISION ONE EAST
Stoke Gabriel        1,    Teignmouth    0

DIVISION ONE WEST
Bere Alston United    1,    Plymouth Marjon    3    
Dobwalls        1,    Plymstock United    2    
Wendron United    0,    Mousehole    3    

13 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Early relegation battle at Mt.Wise tonight? Bottom club Vs a Sticker team that can ( & have already ) let the flood gates open & concede a few, bound to be goals here tonight. I am edging with a Newquay win as they are Home. 

No relegation battles this year Leeds.  Keep up ! ?

The difference this year is that instead of finishing top and going nowhere, you can finish bottom and go nowhere !?                                                                                                                                No one WANTS to finish bottom, but if thats what happens to whoever, they will live to fight another day.     Sticker have lost the heart of their team to others, but with only 4 games played and the rest of the season to go to sign players who want regular football, not just sitting on the bench all game, it may be a tad early to say who is going to be bottom.

3 hours ago, We Two said:

The difference this year is that instead of finishing top and going nowhere, you can finish bottom and go nowhere !?                                                                                                                                No one WANTS to finish bottom, but if thats what happens to whoever, they will live to fight another day.     Sticker have lost the heart of their team to others, but with only 4 games played and the rest of the season to go to sign players who want regular football, not just sitting on the bench all game, it may be a tad early to say who is going to be bottom.

Where have Stickers players gone ?

13 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

They must have done something right so far with two out of two League wins as well as into the next round of the Fa Cup!

Don't nibble Dave, it be nice to go to Bickland Park tomorrow night as Underdogs against Big spending Falmouth Town ( in Big Al's own words! )

I have just got home from Newquay Vs Sticker game tonight, I was so very tempted to ask for a refund, an absolute awful game of football, between two sides that will be near the basement of the league. The game could of gone either way, credit to the 140 Newquay fans that turned out to endure it, credit to their continued support. ? 

6 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Don't get trophies for getting big crowds Sticker Forever ... ? We got them from winning every week ?

Big crowds indicate support for a club and an interest in what happens to them during a season.  If Newquay v Sticker drew a crowd of 140 that is the sort of loyal support that some others can only dream of.      Of course everyone would like to win a  trophy, that is a bonus for all concerned and should not be frowned on, however the biggest bonus is when your achievment is appreciated by the majority rather than the few.    Newquay and Sticker have the rest of the season to improve, and long may their respective support continue.

12 minutes ago, We Two said:

Big crowds indicate support for a club and an interest in what happens to them during a season.  If Newquay v Sticker drew a crowd of 140 that is the sort of loyal support that some others can only dream of.      Of course everyone would like to win a  trophy, that is a bonus for all concerned and should not be frowned on, however the biggest bonus is when your achievment is appreciated by the majority rather than the few.    Newquay and Sticker have the rest of the season to improve, and long may their respective support continue.

The way most of the Newquay supporters were moaning I think they would take a respectable position in the table (to which one guy said last night they haven't had in many of year) let alone a trophy to go in the dusty cabinet! 

Success over support any day, do you honestly believe the Trevor Mewton's, Darren Gilbert's, Steve Massey's over the years care about how many people are watching .... Or they more interested in finishing top of the pile & win every week .. ? I rest my case 

7 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

Not much chance of that. Bodmin will be a force all season and will finish in the top three along with St.Austell and Saltash.

Is this the same BIG AL that tipped Falmouth for relegation last season and not top 3 where they finished...?

Callington Town 4 - 1 Camelford

Went to watch the game last night, feisty game with lots of breaks in play, and several bookings!

Camelford started well in the first 10 minutes and looked like they were continuing where they left after after their previous 2 results. The game soon got a bit scrappy, late/ sloppy challenges flying in all over the place and bookings made to both sides. The referee didn't really show consistency and made some poor decisions, one of which should have seen a blatant red card for Camelford after a lunging tackle when their left winger lost control of the ball. However I have been told (how true I don't know) that the referee stated to the winger that he should have given him a free kick early in the piece of play, and therefore only booked the winger (2 wrongs don't make a right!).

1-0 at half time. The first 10 minutes of the second half were fairly bland until the Camelford No 9 (Adkins) scored a great solo effort after running past 3 Callington players before finding the bottom corner. 1-1.

What happened next was very bizarre, A bit of pin ball in the box, Camelford goalkeeper came out, Callington striker went over the top of the keeper and went down (looked like the keeper got both player and ball but the ball wriggled through). The referee then gave an offside decision which the linesman seemed to be signalling for. The linesman then called the referee over and in turn the referee awarded a penalty to Camelford for a hand ball (no one on the Earth saw nor appealed for a hand ball nor a lot else). The referee was 5 yards away from the action and the linesman about 30 yards. Referee should have had a much better view, but no doubt will argue that he didn't - in which case, should have better positioning! Penalty scored and 2-1 to Callington.

The third for Callington followed shortly after the Camelford Centre half slipped and Callington's striker slotted passed the goalkeeper from close range. 3-1.

Callington's fourth came after another penalty, when the Camelford full back slid in to try and block a cross (as defenders always do). The cross came in, the shot was missed and the referee gave another penalty which was dispatched by Callington.

Overall Callington showed more fighting spirit and probably deserved to win the game. Just a shame that the officials decisions had such a huge impact on the game, especially when they were as innocuous as they were. Very poor officials display for both sides, 2 very dodgy penalties and a yellow card which should have been a straight red.

All of the teams Massey and Mewton managed had huge support - Bodmin could win the league 10 yeas in a row and would still never be as a big a club as Falmouth, St Austell or Newquay. 

As for this evening - Unless Gilbert as usual in midweek is paying a load of Bideford players to play Falmouth will batter them. 

5 minutes ago, Onlooker said:

All of the teams Massey and Mewton managed had huge support - Bodmin could win the league 10 yeas in a row and would still never be as a big a club as Falmouth, St Austell or Newquay. 

As for this evening - Unless Gilbert as usual in midweek is paying a load of Bideford players to play Falmouth will batter them. 

So is that happened in mid week cup game. A few people asked what the team was and who scored. Leeds didn't answer or did I miss it

"What happened next was very bizarre, A bit of pin ball in the box, Camelford goalkeeper came out, Callington striker went over the top of the keeper and went down (looked like the keeper got both player and ball but the ball wriggled through). The referee then gave an offside decision which the linesman seemed to be signalling for. The linesman then called the referee over and in turn the referee awarded a penalty to *Callington for a hand ball (no one on the Earth saw nor appealed for a hand ball nor a lot else). The referee was 5 yards away from the action and the linesman about 30 yards. Referee should have had a much better view, but no doubt will argue that he didn't - in which case, should have better positioning! Penalty scored and 2-1 to Callington."

The linesman signalled for the penalty instantly and it was the correct decision. I got to the ball first and keeper brought me down. I was certainly appealing! I don't know why the linesman didn't give the usual sign for a penalty holding the flag across his chest instead of holding out with a straight arm which looked like an offside decision. I was definitely not offside! The ref admitted he couldn't see due to the amount of bodies in his way but the linesman had a perfect view and fair play to him for sticking by his correct decision. 

12 minutes ago, number9 said:

"What happened next was very bizarre, A bit of pin ball in the box, Camelford goalkeeper came out, Callington striker went over the top of the keeper and went down (looked like the keeper got both player and ball but the ball wriggled through). The referee then gave an offside decision which the linesman seemed to be signalling for. The linesman then called the referee over and in turn the referee awarded a penalty to *Callington for a hand ball (no one on the Earth saw nor appealed for a hand ball nor a lot else). The referee was 5 yards away from the action and the linesman about 30 yards. Referee should have had a much better view, but no doubt will argue that he didn't - in which case, should have better positioning! Penalty scored and 2-1 to Callington."

The linesman signalled for the penalty instantly and it was the correct decision. I got to the ball first and keeper brought me down. I was certainly appealing! I don't know why the linesman didn't give the usual sign for a penalty holding the flag across his chest instead of holding out with a straight arm which looked like an offside decision. I was definitely not offside! The ref admitted he couldn't see due to the amount of bodies in his way but the linesman had a perfect view and fair play to him for sticking by his correct decision. 

Flag across the chest is now not the way to signal a penalty for an assistant

39 minutes ago, Easyyyy said:

Went to watch the game last night, feisty game with lots of breaks in play, and several bookings!

Camelford started well in the first 10 minutes and looked like they were continuing where they left after after their previous 2 results. The game soon got a bit scrappy, late/ sloppy challenges flying in all over the place and bookings made to both sides. The referee didn't really show consistency and made some poor decisions, one of which should have seen a blatant red card for Camelford after a lunging tackle when their left winger lost control of the ball. However I have been told (how true I don't know) that the referee stated to the winger that he should have given him a free kick early in the piece of play, and therefore only booked the winger (2 wrongs don't make a right!).

1-0 at half time. The first 10 minutes of the second half were fairly bland until the Camelford No 9 (Adkins) scored a great solo effort after running past 3 Callington players before finding the bottom corner. 1-1.

What happened next was very bizarre, A bit of pin ball in the box, Camelford goalkeeper came out, Callington striker went over the top of the keeper and went down (looked like the keeper got both player and ball but the ball wriggled through). The referee then gave an offside decision which the linesman seemed to be signalling for. The linesman then called the referee over and in turn the referee awarded a penalty to Camelford for a hand ball (no one on the Earth saw nor appealed for a hand ball nor a lot else). The referee was 5 yards away from the action and the linesman about 30 yards. Referee should have had a much better view, but no doubt will argue that he didn't - in which case, should have better positioning! Penalty scored and 2-1 to Callington.

The third for Callington followed shortly after the Camelford Centre half slipped and Callington's striker slotted passed the goalkeeper from close range. 3-1.

Callington's fourth came after another penalty, when the Camelford full back slid in to try and block a cross (as defenders always do). The cross came in, the shot was missed and the referee gave another penalty which was dispatched by Callington.

Overall Callington showed more fighting spirit and probably deserved to win the game. Just a shame that the officials decisions had such a huge impact on the game, especially when they were as innocuous as they were. Very poor officials display for both sides, 2 very dodgy penalties and a yellow card which should have been a straight red.

Thanks for the write up - i’m Currently in Greece with a couple of Camels players. Disappointing result for Camels, but spoke to Reg  and whilst he felt both penalties were unjust he did feel that Callington probably edged the game, so we’ll done Callington - always feisty games but two teams who give their best.

Onwards and upwards for both teams!!

4 hours ago, We Two said:

Wow, crowd of 140!! Was the start delayed to get them all in? ?

4 hours ago, leedsunited said:

The way most of the Newquay supporters were moaning I think they would take a respectable position in the table (to which one guy said last night they haven't had in many of year) let alone a trophy to go in the dusty cabinet! 

Success over support any day, do you honestly believe the Trevor Mewton's, Darren Gilbert's, Steve Massey's over the years care about how many people are watching .... Or they more interested in finishing top of the pile & win every week .. ? I rest my case 

Full respect to those three guys mentioned but they wouldn’t have won any of those trophies without paying big money for them. Some clubs have improved their facilities over the years instead. Bodmin could probably have bought the stadium for Cornwall by now with all the cash they’ve dished out to players over the years..........to win the same league!! ?

56 minutes ago, Sticker Forever said:

Full respect to those three guys mentioned but they wouldn’t have won any of those trophies without paying big money for them. Some clubs have improved their facilities over the years instead. Bodmin could probably have bought the stadium for Cornwall by now with all the cash they’ve dished out to players over the years..........to win the same league!! ?

Bodmin is a Council ground.... not owned as far as I know. 

3 hours ago, Easyyyy said:

In all truth, the second penalty was a total fiasco, from the officials point of view. Yes is was a penalty, but the inept way in which the referees assistant indicated a penalty was unbelievable. He simply didn't know his ass from his elbow and should perhaps read up on the correct way to indicate a penalty!!!