Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Cornwall Combination League RESULTS and TABLE - Tuesday 21st August 2018

Results 
Tuesday 21st August 2018 
Helston Athletic Reserves (Joe Wright 5, Dan Stidwell 2, Jowan Shainberg, Kegan McPhilbin, Freddie Conway) 10-0 West Cornwall 
Att - ???
Illogan RBL (Luke Abbott-Smith) 1-1 St Ives Town (OG) 
Att - 30 
Lizard Argyle A-A Carharrack 
Mullion (Tom Bryant) 1-0 Perranwell 
Att - 30
Pendeen Rovers 0-1 Hayle (Camerson Irish) 
Att - 30
Penryn Athletic (Ryan Reeve 3, Bradley Leivers, Connor Powell) 5-0 Wendron United Reserves 
Att - 55
Porthleven Reserves (Simon Wilson) 1-4 Falmouth Town Reserves (Gavin Perraton 3, Ryan Chinn)
Att - 59
St Agnes (Mark Bell 2) 2-2 St Day (Tom Hogarth, Dan Richards) 
Att - 90
St Just (???) 5-2 Redruth United (Andy Bishop, Simon Thomas) 
Att - 40

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS
1 ILLOGAN RBL 4 3 1 0 16 3 13 10
2 ST DAY 4 3 1 0 9 5 4 10
3 ST IVES TOWN 4 2 2 0 6 1 5 8
4 PENRYN ATHLETIC 3 2 1 0 9 0 9 7
5 PERRANPORTH 3 2 1 0 8 1 7 7
6 HELSTON ATHLETIC RESERVES 3 2 0 1 18 5 13 6
7 PENDEEN ROVERS 3 2 0 1 15 2 13 6
8 HAYLE 2 2 0 0 14 1 13 6
9 LIZARD ARGYLE 3 2 0 1 12 3 9 6
10 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 2 2 0 0 8 3 5 6
11 WENDRON UNITED RESERVES 4 1 1 2 7 11 -4 4
12 ST JUST 4 1 1 2 7 12 -5 4
13 PERRANWELL 3 1 0 2 3 3 0 3
14 MULLION 4 1 0 3 1 7 -6 3
15 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 4 1 0 3 12 24 -12 3
16 ST AGNES 4 0 2 2 7 11 -4 2
17 RNAS CULDROSE 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
18 REDRUTH UNITED 3 0 0 3 3 21 -18 0
19 CARHARRACK 3 0 0 3 4 24 -20 0
20 WEST CORNWALL 4 0 0 4 1 23 -22 0

Lizard v carharrack. Game forfeited by carharrack. After turning up with seven men which I applaud to get the game started the keeper-I think the manager injured himself and with him not able to play on the game was duly called up by the Ref. Very sad state of affairs for a combo side to have so little players available-can see the side crumbling and a day called on carharrack, I hope not with the history of the club, well done to the six men who apologised profusely for the sad manner in the way the manager performed from the start who I have always had respect for until now. Was it a groin injury for him to go off? -who knows apart from himself. Good luck to carharrack for the season. Prove me wrong and see you at the end of the season. 

Just now, Cola said:

Lizard v carharrack. Game forfeited by carharrack. After turning up with seven men which I applaud to get the game started the keeper-I think the manager injured himself and with him not able to play on the game was duly called up by the Ref. Very sad state of affairs for a combo side to have so little players available-can see the side crumbling and a day called on carharrack, I hope not with the history of the club, well done to the six men who apologised profusely for the sad manner in the way the manager performed from the start who I have always had respect for until now. Was it a groin injury for him to go off? -who knows apart from himself. Good luck to carharrack for the season. Prove me wrong and see you at the end of the season. 

Manager performed. You saying he got injured on purpose?

11 minutes ago, Mr Justice said:

Redruth had to come down all the way to us this evening redicoiloua as we have had to do the same last season. Ok if self employed but unfair on lads leaving work late. Surely it would be better to have Redruth vs Carharrack and Mullion vs Lizard tonight or is that just me.

Would of been better but I think carharrack would of still been short

31 minutes ago, willy7 said:

Manager performed. You saying he got injured on purpose?

Willy, would never dream of saying something like that!! ? 

35 minutes ago, Mr Justice said:

Redruth had to come down all the way to us this evening redicoiloua as we have had to do the same last season. Ok if self employed but unfair on lads leaving work late. Surely it would be better to have Redruth vs Carharrack and Mullion vs Lizard tonight or is that just me.

The whole situation with fixtures for midweek games at this stage of the season is madness. Why can't midweek matches be clustered based on proximity, e.g. St Just, Pendeen, St Ives and maybe Hayle, then Lizard, Mullion, Helston, Culdrose or Port and so on, it's surely not rocket science to organise the fixtures this way. At a time when clubs are struggling to retain and attract new players, it makes no sense at all for the league to be setting fixtures with the biggest travel distances at the busiest time of year in Cornwall and when people are still on their holidays. Tonight we had players having to travel from Newquay to Mullion, over thirty miles, it is crazy! When players are having to leave work at 4.30pm to have a chance to get to a game and have time for a decent warm up, something has got to change, yet we have to deal with it season after season. 

Re the silly midweek fixtures: I'm not volunteering and I know fixturing is a complex operation, but if I was forced to do it, I'd firstly see how many midweek games there HAD to be and put all the shortest-distance pairings into those dates first, and even for Saturday games I'd leave all the longest-distance pairings to well after the holiday traffic had thinned out. The Comb o is a local league for teams with players in full-time jobs who can ill-afford to take time off from work. Carharrack to Lizard for 6.15? I don't think so!

1 minute ago, Tom Trust said:

Re the silly midweek fixtures: I'm not volunteering and I know fixturing is a complex operation, but if I was forced to do it, I'd firstly see how many midweek games there HAD to be and put all the shortest-distance pairings into those dates first, and even for Saturday games I'd leave all the longest-distance pairings to well after the holiday traffic had thinned out. The Comb o is a local league for teams with players in full-time jobs who can ill-afford to take time off from work. Carharrack to Lizard for 6.15? I don't think so!

Your using too much common sense Tom!  Hopefully this AI revolution will take over.

Pendeen 0 v 1 Hayle 

Hayle turned up and looked the hungrier team from the start , creating a few decent chances and remaining on the front foot for the first 20 mins- we then slowly started to get a foothold in the game but still couldn’t really create much. Hayle player got sent off for deliberate stamp - we then had a brighter spell against the 10 men and 1/2 time came completely at the wrong time for ourselves.

Hayle came out in the 2nd half and had regrouped and reorganised themselves for and looked quite comfortable playing with one less player , the goal came from a long ball over the top to the ever willing running of Cameron Irish which resulted in him having a shot at an acute angle which one of our players deflected and unfortunately Dex attempting to save it with an outstretched foot could not prevent  it from crossing the line.

After this the game remained quite scrappy, & Hayle were obviously happy to play out the remaining time and holding on for the win. 

I personally didn’t see the stamp by the Hayle player-but did see the 2yellows for our player, I personally didn’t think the 2nd warranted it but Tbf the ref did stop the game (in the 2nd half)and warned the skippers anymore bad tackles would result in sending offs.

The 2nd Hayle player2 get sent off, was for using the c bomb towards one of our players in front of the ref.

Good luck to Hayle for the remainder of the season & look forward to the return. 

We’ll pick ourselves up and go again.... 

and to add add to the evening fixture debate I’m in total agreement, surely for all evening games teams should be placed in four or five pools of teams based on the geographical location and they just reverse the fix at the beginning and end of the season. 

3 hours ago, Cola said:

What will happen now re points etc for this game?

Good away win for Hayle , played the better football even when down to 10 men then 9 for the last 10 mins , sending off for Adam Palmer ,  didn't see the incident  but ref said it was right in front of him , straight red second one for Barbs for bad language , I completely missed that one lol , bad injury for Matt Laity after a foul , straight red for Pendeen bad tackle on Hayle no 7 , I think k also 8 yellow cards , well done to Dave Dodson  for having at times eyes in the back of his head Pendeen very strong side but Hayle matched them , don't think they expected that A very vocal local support  in the first half , but surprisingly quiet in the later stages in the game , Cameron Irish  strike took a couple deflections but that was the least Hayle deserved ,   hit the bar as well , Danny Ford only had one real save to make it the first half  .  Good result  just a shame about Matt Laity injury , hope he can recover soon 

1 hour ago, stevieb said:

Good away win for Hayle , played the better football even when down to 10 men then 9 for the last 10 mins , sending off for Adam Palmer ,  didn't see the incident  but ref said it was right in front of him , straight red second one for Barbs for bad language , I completely missed that one lol , bad injury for Matt Laity after a foul , straight red for Pendeen bad tackle on Hayle no 7 , I think k also 8 yellow cards , well done to Dave Dodson  for having at times eyes in the back of his head Pendeen very strong side but Hayle matched them , don't think they expected that A very vocal local support  in the first half , but surprisingly quiet in the later stages in the game , Cameron Irish  strike took a couple deflections but that was the least Hayle deserved ,   hit the bar as well , Danny Ford only had one real save to make it the first half  .  Good result  just a shame about Matt Laity injury , hope he can recover soon 

Sure our player got sent off for two yellows, and tbf  in the grand scheme of what went on it was not a bad challenge. 

1 hour ago, Andys said:

The whole situation with fixtures for midweek games at this stage of the season is madness. Why can't midweek matches be clustered based on proximity, e.g. St Just, Pendeen, St Ives and maybe Hayle, then Lizard, Mullion, Helston, Culdrose or Port and so on, it's surely not rocket science to organise the fixtures this way. At a time when clubs are struggling to retain and attract new players, it makes no sense at all for the league to be setting fixtures with the biggest travel distances at the busiest time of year in Cornwall and when people are still on their holidays. Tonight we had players having to travel from Newquay to Mullion, over thirty miles, it is crazy! When players are having to leave work at 4.30pm to have a chance to get to a game and have time for a decent warm up, something has got to change, yet we have to deal with it season after season. 

Unfortunately the whole committee are afraid of the fixture secretary as his bark is worse than his bite , but Helston do like him as they don’t travel very far midweek ?

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Unfortunately the whole committee are afraid of the fixture secretary as his bir is worse than his bite , but Helston do like him as they don’t travel very far midweek ?

I thought you were joking but just had a look and all Helston midweek fixtures are at home!!!!

Sorry I made a massive mistake they have a midweek away fixture against RNAS Culdrose!

3 minutes ago, druth1966 said:

Clearly it is. It’s actually a question. So, stop avoiding and answer it princess. 

Poppet princess ? more kisses for you ??????

3 minutes ago, Mr Justice said:

I thought you were joking but just had a look and all Helston midweek fixtures are at home!!!!

If I didn’t know better I would think John was a Helston fan ?

48 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Steve you are so blinkered as you only see one team 

5 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

Were you at the same game Steve?myself and Hayle manager Simon both agreed the ref was very poor not strong enough in the middle,missed some very big decisions in the 1st half then this carried through the whole game and in the end lost total control and because of this brandishing cards left right and centre this was a physical game between to physical sides there were bad challenges from both sides but this got worse due to the lack of control the ref has if he had stamped. His authority on the game early ie giving the correct card to the Hayle player who two footed my player maybe things would have been different,

very unfortunate challenge against Matt laity hope he rocovers soon gd luck to all the Hayle lads and look forward to the return game

all in all very physical game but ruined by poor referee 

6 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

There were also a couple of impartial  people watching on the side lines who said Hayle were playing the better football ,  physical game yes ,   ,    more chances created  ,  Wassa perhaps maybe a yellow card earlier may have settled the game down but both teams were shouting for every foul  and tackle  given against them who would be a ref ,    Ronaldo  even you must admit Pendeen didnt take advantage of having an extra man and didn't get wide and get crosses into the box , which could of stretched the game , blinkered sorry Ronaldo you don't know me at all  if Hayle play poorly I will say so  ,  but last night they played well  , not many teams will get points at Pendeen this season , last season we were given a football lesson  and caught cold , Wassa thanks for your concern for Matt  he was in a lot of discomfort after the game   .

3 hours ago, wazza10 said:

Were you at the same game Steve?myself and Hayle manager Simon both agreed the ref was very poor not strong enough in the middle,missed some very big decisions in the 1st half then this carried through the whole game and in the end lost total control and because of this brandishing cards left right and centre this was a physical game between to physical sides there were bad challenges from both sides but this got worse due to the lack of control the ref has if he had stamped. His authority on the game early ie giving the correct card to the Hayle player who two footed my player maybe things would have been different,

very unfortunate challenge against Matt laity hope he rocovers soon gd luck to all the Hayle lads and look forward to the return game

all in all very physical game but ruined by poor referee 

Really!! please explain why you would blame the ref for all these so called bad challenges?,could it not be the fault of the managers or captains of the teams involved that lost total control of there players?,in your report you are asking for him to show cards earlier in the game , Mate he can't win if he had shown a early yellow card which resulted in the said player getting a second followed by red later you would of blamed him for getting his cards out to early.Dave Dodson is a good ref and maybe he should come on here and blame the managers for not controlling there players.