Cornwall Football Forum

Who are the Division 1 West & East favourites?

I've not seen enough of both leagues to make sensible top and bottom 3 predictions, however from the clubs I have watched I reckon Liskeard Athletic will be in with a shout for the West Division title. They always try to play entertaining football and appear to have some good young players on the books.

Just hope we have a more reasonable winter and all our clubs get to play on a more regular basis. Last season ended up a bit of a mess with all the postponed fixture congestion. The SWPL (Phil especially) did well to re-arrange such a significant amount of games and ultimately comply with the FA season-completion restrictions. 

Good luck to everyone, clubs, officials and supporters. Enjoy the season ahead.

Don't know to much about the East Division, but the West Division looks very very poor indeed. Credit to ANY side that wins any league but this season I can only see two sides winning the West Division, the sides that fancy their chances, this is your best possible opportunity to get a piece of Silverware, the rest who finish 2nd or below, you have missed a real chance as everybody I have spoken to agrees this has been the weakest league it's Ever been 

On 16/08/2018 at 18:57, Northernmonkey said:

On the eve of the big kick off in Division 1 West & East, who are going to be the teams that are going to have a successful season and who are those that are going to struggle?

Anyone brave enough to predict a top three and bottom three?

What about you?

19 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Don't know to much about the East Division, but the West Division looks very very poor indeed. Credit to ANY side that wins any league but this season I can only see two sides winning the West Division, the sides that fancy their chances, this is your best possible opportunity to get a piece of Silverware, the rest who finish 2nd or below, you have missed a real chance as everybody I have spoken to agrees this has been the weakest league it's Ever been 

All that information based on one round of fixtures. The West division is wide open this year. 

43 minutes ago, SCFC said:

Mousehole to win the league... the ability to pull in players from all over the place is far superior to others.... Liskeard, Penzance, Porthleven and St Blazey to have good seasons

Mousehole, Liskeard the only two with what I would call quality in their ranks, the rest will take points off each other, in what on paper looks to be weakest the league has been in a very long time. 

30 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Mousehole, Liskeard the only two with what I would call quality in their ranks, the rest will take points off each other, in what on paper looks to be weakest the league has been in a very long time. 

always interesting when you say the west is a very weak league but i dont think there is much between the 5 ive mentioned and the bottom 5 of the prem.

Would argue that the Prem is probably weaker also, a few strong sides and thats about it

36 minutes ago, SCFC said:

always interesting when you say the west is a very weak league but i dont think there is much between the 5 ive mentioned and the bottom 5 of the prem.

Would argue that the Prem is probably weaker also, a few strong sides and thats about it

Mousehole, Liskeard would hold their own, the rest would be out of their depth by quite a margin. 

17 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Mousehole, Liskeard would hold their own, the rest would be out of their depth by quite a margin. 

to be honest, i think if you threw the top 5 teams into the prem from the west.... you'd probably find 1 does really well and finishes mid table and the rest are around the bottom. Having watched the likes of Callington, Sticker, Camelford, Torpoint, Newquay, Witheridge (when they were around), theyd all take points off of eachother. Really, the prem is split into two leagues itself.... top 6 (tavi, fal, bodmin, st a, saltash, argyle).. exmouth poss on the fringes... and the rest

On 21/08/2018 at 15:14, leedsunited said:

Liskeard looked strong on Saturday and I'm led to believe Mousehole have a sugar daddy

On 22/08/2018 at 23:08, SteveM said:

Not certain Bodmin are anywhere near Falmouth based on tonight's result. Bang average side recruiting players from the West Division.

Two games in hand six points behind ... Early days but doesn't look to bad to me. Few other 'Bang Average' managers in the division would take that after first few games. But let's not get carried away ?