Cornwall Football Forum

Spuds staying at Wembley

stevieb

4 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Not looking good for you poor souls. 

May have to wait as long as us spuds have.... Fingers crossed. 

Your never poor older ? , don't think Arsenal fans can wait that long for another trophy lol ,  perhaps a run in the cup this season ,  in my opinion Arsenal this season will be fith or sixth  , come end of season .

9 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

You two silly buggers just told me the result more or less, ah well, I'll still watch it later.

Ah, sorry about that. I get the same thing every Saturday. I do like watching MOTD without knowing the scores, but virtually impossible these days! Hope you enjoyed the first 80 mins of highlights though!

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, somersetspur said:

AND.?????????

Let's hope you've kept Thursday nights free! The single most deluded thing I've ever heard, regarding Spuds being part of Europe's elite. They aren't even in England's elite! Complete bottlers. Haven't won a trophy in 10 years, with that being a Mickey Mouse trophy at that

6 hours ago, Elephant said:

Let's hope you've kept Thursday nights free! The single most deluded thing I've ever heard, regarding Spuds being part of Europe's elite. They aren't even in England's elite! Complete bottlers. Haven't won a trophy in 10 years, with that being a Mickey Mouse trophy at that

Tremendous.Well done.

Got a CSE  in history,then.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 26/10/2018 at 08:02, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

OUCH! 

Heading for the pub cup looks like.

Maybe not....coys.

1 hour ago, baldy said:

Former Tottenham defender Paul Miller, now an ambassador for the club, believes the redevelopment of White Hart Lane will not be completed to stage first-team matches until February. 

Get there one day this millenium!

12 hours ago, gingerninja said:

Just got my ticket for Spuds v Chelsea. In a way I'm a bit gutted that it's not at the new ground, would've been nice to tick another ground off the list. On the other hand, another trip to Wembley on the cards. Given our history pre 1997 any Chelsea fan would've bitten your hand off for that! 

Later stages of the Europa Cup might gives us another chance to visit the new ground? That is assuming it's finished this season.

Tottenham have been given permission to continue playing their home matches at Wembley until their new stadium is ready - but at a reduced capacity.

Spurs were due to move into their new White Hart Lane stadium in September but the project has suffered a number of construction delays.

The club initially agreed to continue playing at Wembley until the end of the year.

They can now play there indefinitely but with a reduced capacity of 51,000.

A planning application to Brent Council is required to increase the capacity to 62,000 with "additional limited exceptions" at 90,000.

The council had granted special dispensation to allow Tottenham to play the entire 2017-18 season at Wembley at full capacity.

The club had hoped to be in their new 62,062-seater stadium by the start of the current campaign. During the summer, this was changed to the 15 September meeting with Liverpool.

Just over a month before that game, Tottenham said that because of "issues with the critical safety systems" their move had been delayed. On 26 October, they confirmed all remaining games in 2018 would be played at Wembley, with chairman Daniel Levy saying it was still not possible to "confirm an exact opening date and fixture".

Now that deadline has been extended indefinitely, with the stadium not expected to open until January 2019 at the earliest. The club say they will provide a further update on the stadium's progress in December.

Tottenham's next match at Wembley is against Chelsea in the Premier League on Saturday, November 24. That will be the final game, pending any further appeal to Brent Council, that Spurs will be allowed to use the stadium at its full capacity.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A great game last night, I thought we edged it and should've won in the 90. Credit to the reaction from Spuds in the second half, but I think even most Spuds fans would have to agree that we were the better side. Surely though, there's another way to decide a semi final other than penalties? It's the worst way to lose and also the worst way to win

30 minutes ago, gingerninja said:

A great game last night, I thought we edged it and should've won in the 90. Credit to the reaction from Spuds in the second half, but I think even most Spuds fans would have to agree that we were the better side. Surely though, there's another way to decide a semi final other than penalties? It's the worst way to lose and also the worst way to win

Agree that it is harsh way to lose, and possibly an empty way to win, but for the neutral it's great drama . Possibly the three greatest World Cup semi-finals ever, France v West Germany 1982, Brazil v Netherlands 1998 and of course England v West Germany 1990, were all cracking matches that had this classic plot twist at the end.