Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League - Tuesday Aug 14th 2018

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Surely it’s the Trelawny League that would first look at anything?

Correct Dave.

Mr BeTold seems to be a little bit misinformed here. Penwith Exiles only received one sanction last season - that was after they played a suspended player in a game. Complete accident but it happened. A couple of their players went and played for a few teams (one breaking his leg in the process) without a transfer, but that had nothing to do with the club itself.

Penryn received two charges, one for failing to raise a side and one to cover a referee's expenses - both of which were on the same day after they failed to turn up against St Agnes. They were also told to play a game which was scheduled last season after they requested to postpone it - the Committee declined the request. So I'm not quite sure where this person is getting their information from, but it is incorrect. There is certainly no preference towards Penryn - as I have said on a previous post, I actually enjoy dealing with Neil @ Penwith as he is a brilliant Club Administrator.

It seems this post has become a little bit of a forum to bash Penryn, despite them doing nothing wrong? I've not received a complaint from Penwith regarding this game so I am of the opinion that the Management Team/Committee don't believe a rule has been breached.

We should just move on from this one now :) 

3 hours ago, truthbetold said:

I hate to say it but I agree with exciles . They have been penalised in the past for mistakes and so have other less established teams . Penryn know all the tricks and get away with it. I've seen them change fixtures for so called weddings or pitch unplayable so they can bring in ringers mid week. Fa should be consistent as I'm sure mistakes are going to be made and other teams will loose points from it as season goes by.

You are so funny my sides hurt... Lmfao. 

It is being stated that Penryn did nothing wrong. However, it appears that they made a "mistake" by writing the name of a player on their match-day team sheet that was not playing. Does that not sound odd to anyone?

This name also appeared on the Trelawny League FA Fulltime website, until it was pointed out that he did not play.

OK, all the players names that have been used are all legitimate and registered Penryn players names. So as John Mead clarified earlier in the thread, it's only a team-sheet error, no points changes, a £10 fine and so on. So all is good......

Still sounds odd to me!

27 minutes ago, Mangle said:

It is being stated that Penryn did nothing wrong. However, it appears that they made a "mistake" by writing the name of a player on their match-day team sheet that was not playing. Does that not sound odd to anyone?

This name also appeared on the Trelawny League FA Fulltime website, until it was pointed out that he did not play.

OK, all the players names that have been used are all legitimate and registered Penryn players names. So as John Mead clarified earlier in the thread, it's only a team-sheet error, no points changes, a £10 fine and so on. So all is good......

Still sounds odd to me!

I thought all these new fangle processes were brought on to stop this sort of issue! ?

40 minutes ago, Mangle said:

Still sounds odd to me!

If this is the case why hasn’t Penwith formally put this to the league?

16 minutes ago, Mangle said:

I would guess because they have nothing to gain. I fear you miss my point.

I don’t miss your point, it was strange but is claimed that a computer mistake by the league resulted in a name that shouldn’t be. All we need is Penwith/league to say what was on the team sheet and then this can be put to bed.

10 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

It is/was a web page error, the web page is having a few teething problems as stated by the FA.......get over it.

It is the new fangled processes causing the problem.

Forget the online fiasco Older, the hand written team sheet was allegedly incorrect.

Yes. As alleged in this thread. I have no idea if that is accurate information. However, just as a matter of interest, do you not think it in any way odd that a hand written team sheet filled in before the game contains a players name that did not  participate?

6 minutes ago, Mangle said:

Yes. As alleged in this thread. I have no idea if that is accurate information. However, just as a matter of interest, do you not think it in any way odd that a hand written team sheet filled in before the game contains a players name that did not  participate?

May be / may be not, new faces, new names, new secretary, I'll ask him when I see him.

The league can't work on "alleged" facts Mangle, if it did... The bank balance would be huge and the club's no more 

I won't pay any interest into "alleged" offences until I am approached by a team secretary. I will however correct any misconceptions or put a few facts across when required.

From what I can assume, there was a mix of admin/website error with the teamsheet. Clubs have three days to submit teamsheets and correct them as necessary before I look at them. Any mistakes that are made during this time can be rectified - sometimes it takes an eagle eye to spot these.

Still nothing official from exiles; can this be dropped now?

I’m surprised. I would have thought that the filling in of a list of names on a form, immediately prior to an event of the said participants, ESPECIALLY if new names, new secretary etc involved, would end up in such a result. The list would be accurate. You know, I know, everyone knows. It would be odd to have a list with an incorrect participant, and perhaps even more unbelievable that the incorrect name used was of a legitimate registered participant that was not even present.

Not even a good try Older!

2 minutes ago, Mangle said:

I’m surprised. I would have thought that the filling in of a list of names on a form, immediately prior to an event of the said participants, ESPECIALLY if new names, new secretary etc involved, would end up in such a result. The list would be accurate. You know, I know, everyone knows. It would be odd to have a list with an incorrect participant, and perhaps even more unbelievable that the incorrect name used was of a legitimate registered participant that was not even present.

@TheolderIgetthebetterIwas Perhaps a copy of your team sheet can be shared then we can see what happened and clear this mess.

6 minutes ago, Dave Bartlam said:

The league can't work on "alleged" facts Mangle, if it did... The bank balance would be huge and the club's no more 

I won't pay any interest into "alleged" offences until I am approached by a team secretary. I will however correct any misconceptions or put a few facts across when required.

From what I can assume, there was a mix of admin/website error with the teamsheet. Clubs have three days to submit teamsheets and correct them as necessary before I look at them. Any mistakes that are made during this time can be rectified - sometimes it takes an eagle eye to spot these.

Still nothing official from exiles; can this be dropped now?

Quite right. Point taken. But I know that. The league cannot and should not react to any allegations on a public forum.

It is still intriguing though that the allegation is about the hand written team sheet. Let us assume this was presented to you. We have already established that Penwith have nothing to gain, and Penryn only £10 to lose. So be it.

But, if this was the case, the hand written team sheet irregularities are rather odd. 

That is my point. 

7 hours ago, Mangle said:

Quite right. Point taken. But I know that. The league cannot and should not react to any allegations on a public forum.

It is still intriguing though that the allegation is about the hand written team sheet. Let us assume this was presented to you. We have already established that Penwith have nothing to gain, and Penryn only £10 to lose. So be it.

But, if this was the case, the hand written team sheet irregularities are rather odd. 

That is my point. 

Storm in a teacup. Lewis Pellow named but not Lewis Ellis.

B2C16D3A-C37F-4325-8F83-C90C3C0A97BF.jpeg

9 hours ago, Mangle said:

T'was purely a guess from me as to what may have happened... No more than that. 

Unbelievable fuss over now't, just a load of old mud slinging. 

And low and behold.... there is the team sheet, looks like some got their Lewis's mixed up. 

And that is just a guess-timate as well! 

Made me smile anyway. 

Just to muddy the waters. Teams in the past have put players on the paper team sheets as a sub, even though they didn't play, but then alter it after the game to say that they had come on just to get the number of appearances up so these players are able to play in cup semi-finals, and finals. Hopefully the new electric system stops this but only if their opponents go back and check full-time after the details have been put onto the site.

On 18/08/2018 at 14:03, Local league fan said:

It’s hardly hear say, Lewis Ellis did not play....fact! On yet he was on the team sheet.???? Surely the referee(penryn boy) can confirm this???

On 18/08/2018 at 13:02, Local league fan said:

Why is Lewis Ellis name on the team sheet then?

I believe it was Joshua kelly who played why was his name not on the team sheet. Very fishy. Cheating at this stage of the season shouldn’t go unpunished.

On 18/08/2018 at 09:16, Sijames said:

I can confirm they've played an ineligible player, the league will make a decision and announcement on Monday.

These two should apologise to penryn for all the acusations the've made on here.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good rumour eh!