• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

(BOTH 6.30PM)

PREMIER DIVISION

Penryn Athletic Reserves              v              Penwith Exiles

DIVISION 2

Illogan RBL Thirds             v              West Cornwall Reserves

50 mile round trip for junior football in August in cornwall for penwith is just ridiculous imo 

No one said anything about first team players??

penryn deserved the win played the right football against 10 men, was always going to be a struggle after we got let down by our own player, abuse is the wrong word just frustration the same way penryn players were when the penalty was given against them.

good run out for a Tuesday night!!

good luck to penryn for the rest of the season ??

Just now, Themanhimself said:

Fairish  sum up number 6. Bit frustrated no one came in after though mate after you said you was going to 

Errrrrm I can only speak on behalf of myself but I’ve got a kids and work at 5 in the morning, and I did come into the changing room to say well played....

i think it’s more the fact of how late it is and the travel back, not the fact we lost :)

Illogan 3rds 0-3 West Cornwall 

newly promoted to the division and know it’s a really tough league with several tough teams we’re very happy with our start.

Think first half was a bit bitty with the ball spending too much time in the air. 

We kept piling crosses in but the Illogan centre backs dealt with each ball until...

new signing Neil Currah scored on debut after a good ball from Monty Cloutman and some less than desirable goal keeping. 

After a smart save from fellow debutant Callum richards to keep out Connor Arthur. 

The half finished, 

HT 0-1 

second half we tried to keep the ball down more and eventually started to play some decent football assisted by some of the subs. 

Danny “the assassin” Maybin getting off to a scoring start and Neil Currah doubling his tally for the match.

best of luck to Illogan going forward. 

MOM Neil Currah superb first game for the club 

special mention to young Callum Richards! Great debut in goal! Such a young lad but plays with great experience! 

#upthewest?

I can see where exiles are coming from to hav to travel to penryn for a Tuesday game so early in the season, wen there’s mousehole they could play in an evening and play penryn on the Saturday that they are fixtured to play mousehole or even st buryan which would t be much of a travel which they also play on a satUrday 

1 hour ago, footballlegend7 said:

I can see where exiles are coming from to hav to travel to penryn for a Tuesday game so early in the season, wen there’s mousehole they could play in an evening and play penryn on the Saturday that they are fixtured to play mousehole or even st buryan which would t be much of a travel which they also play on a satUrday 

i was up there watching last night and i arrived at 6:10! and only half the exiles team was there and that was for a 6:30 kick off!

In all honesty it was a lash up I’m terms of arrangements as it is a trek and with people working and the traffic being like it is in the summer, half our team didn’t arrive till 20 past and the kit wasn’t there till 25 past....

but atleast the game was played 

27 minutes ago, number 6 said:

In all honesty it was a lash up I’m terms of arrangements as it is a trek and with people working and the traffic being like it is in the summer, half our team didn’t arrive till 20 past and the kit wasn’t there till 25 past....

but atleast the game was played 

Fair enough No6 

My dogs enjoyed your food anyway... Lol

Darren in his day had one of the most lethal finishes in local football. One of a group of players like Rappo, Andy Trathen, Rodney Gregory, etc who could have played at a higher standard than they did due to home commitments. Darren gets easily frustrated, he just wants the ball for the whole 90 minutes. I have seen him berating team mates for not passing him the ball to him. He just wants to play, Jowan May is another player, never happier than when kicking a ball but Jowan is more laid back. 

54 minutes ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Darren in his day had one of the most lethal finishes in local football. One of a group of players like Rappo, Andy Trathen, Rodney Gregory, etc who could have played at a higher standard than they did due to home commitments. Darren gets easily frustrated, he just wants the ball for the whole 90 minutes. I have seen him berating team mates for not passing him the ball to him. He just wants to play, Jowan May is another player, never happier than when kicking a ball but Jowan is more laid back. 

Am I right in thinking he (Steadman) has played for St Just for many seasons. If so, its kind of refreshing in that he's still keen to be a winner on the pitch after such a good local career.

2 minutes ago, Magpie291 said:

Am I right in thinking he (Steadman) has played for St Just for many seasons. If so, its kind of refreshing in that he's still keen to be a winner on the pitch after such a good local career.

In the Combo has scored at least 207 goals for Penzance, St Ives and St Just plus loads more for more local sides.

Can't please everybody. 

It is very hard to fixture - I know that because I sat down Dave James at the beginning of the season to help with the Full Time system. It was an eye opener to see how much effort actually goes in to fixtures. You have to consider team availability, pitch availability, ref availability, whether or not that team has a closed date, higher league fixtures, cup fixtures, team and council requests etc. There's a lot that even I didn't realise about fixtures which made me understand The fixture Secretary's frustration at times.

We can go around in circles discussing the fixtures etc but let's just bare in mind... We are all volunteers doing a service for our clubs. I couldn't tell you how many hours I have spent since the season ended getting the league side of things where we are now - I'm still not even close to where I want us to be. I recon I'm working about 6-7 hours a day at the moment for the league - it's a thankless task and one I do, as with the other league committee members, for you guys. That's all whilst managing a full time job and a young family. Don't think of this as a complaint though - it's my choice.

I understand your frustration having to make 40 mile round trips on a Wednesday evening, I do. However we have to get these fixtures played. We have to get them in as soon as we can because if not, the weather is going great to take hold and before you know it... Goodbye cups. It's amazing how many people piped up about playing more midweek games then!!

I know it's not ideal but it is down to your clubs management team (secretary in particular) to contact the Fixtures Secretary of there is or could be a potential issue with a fixture. If you don't do that, how is Dave meant to know that there's a problem? Before moaning (for a better word) about it on a public forum, ask your manager's if a point was raised to the league about these games. To the best of my knowledge, nothing has been heard by the league.

The above is my own opinion and not one of the league's.

2 hours ago, Local league fan said:

Just had a look at the penryn team sheet and something doesn’t quite add up. Can anyone confirm from penryn if Lewis Ellis play as I don’t think he did

Have to agree with the fixturing and the way the leagues are run, bit of a shambles. Especially with the cup situation last year.

Funny you say that as I played in that game and know Lewis Ellis and can defo confirm he didn’t play against us ??

Just had a look at the penryn team sheet and something doesn’t quite add up. Can anyone confirm from penryn if Lewis Ellis play as I don’t think he did

Have to agree with the fixturing and the way the leagues are run, bit of a shambles. Especially with the cup situation last year.

Where can you view the team sheet?

4 hours ago, Local league fan said:

Just had a look at the penryn team sheet and something doesn’t quite add up.

You can say that again! I've just looked at it and only 8 listed as playing with in addition to that 3 subs! Could be some FA Full-Time teething problems perhaps?

Can someone at penryn shed any light on this, the original team sheet needs to be uploaded. Don’t ask the referee I wouldn’t bother he’s a penryn boy, and has been there for years. Not really a neutral in my opinion. 

I can confirm they've played an ineligible player, the league will make a decision and announcement on Monday.

Love how someone has created a new account on here & just happens to be going through Penryns team sheet at the same time & felt they'd ask. 

I'd imagine it's a mistake, if not only for the fact that Lewis Ellis is a ginger tank and is well known. Surely if they were going to play someone under a game name they would pick someone that nobody has heard of ???

1 minute ago, Roy D said:

Love how someone has created a new account on here & just happens to be going through Penryns team sheet at the same time & felt they'd ask. 

I'd imagine it's a mistake, if not only for the fact that Lewis Ellis is a ginger tank and is well known. Surely if they were going to play someone under a game name they would pick someone that nobody has heard of ???

"Local League Fan" has probably just moved into the area and is trying to get to know the players around the leagues! ?

It sounds that the WSG and Full-Time sites are having a few problems and so presumably as a FA gesture of goodwill they will waive and points punishments?

Even if they did field an ineligible player nothing would happen simple. There was a genuine honest mistake from us last year with a similar situation and Everyman and his dog shouted from the rooftops get exiles docked points!!!!! Just funny how things change depending on which team is in the heat of it ??. We lost we go again ✌?

43 minutes ago, Danielburt8 said:

Even if they did field an ineligible player nothing would happen simple. There was a genuine honest mistake from us last year with a similar situation and Everyman and his dog shouted from the rooftops get exiles docked points!!!!! Just funny how things change depending on which team is in the heat of it ??. We lost we go again ✌?

Nothing would happen? Im sure last season the league had to do it a few times and did it with every case.