Bovey Tracey        7,    Appledore AFC        0
Brixham        4,    Alphington AFC        2
Crediton United        1,     Budleigh Salterton    0
IlfracombeTown        1,    Stoke Gabriel        1
St Martins        3,    Newton Abbot Spurs    0
Torridgeside AFC    4,    University of Exeter    2

FA CUP, EXTRA PRELIMINARY ROUND
Bitton                7,    Tavistock        0
Bodmin Town        4,     Keynsham Town    4  (replay Tuesday)
Saltash United         1,    Odd Down        0

Elburton Villa 1 v 4 Exmouth Town

In many a year around SWPL football I have never witnessed an away support like 'The Town' brought today.

Turned up on a double decker coach, drunk us dry, ate us out of house and home, sung and cheered all match, didnt leave until late, a pleasure to host.

Any club this season that have Exmouth Town come to you then my advice is 'stock up' and make sure all your pasties in!

Not the result we wanted today but a memorable day non the less.

2 hours ago, Nick Pope said:

In many a year around SWPL football I have never witnessed an away support like 'The Town' brought today.

Turned up on a double decker coach, drunk us dry, ate us out of house and home, sung and cheered all match, didnt leave until late, a pleasure to host.

Any club this season that have Exmouth Town come to you then my advice is 'stock up' and make sure all your pasties in!

Blimey Nick, That’s a shock !! The last time I went there I counted 20 home fans !! 

Thanks for the info ! No report then !!??

19 minutes ago, rocky170267 said:

Blimey Nick, That’s a shock !! The last time I went there I counted 20 home fans !! 

Thanks for the info ! No report then !!??

I didnt get to see any of the game as so busy ? In all seriousness any club would be thankful of the support Exmouth Town brought today 

11 hours ago, Nick Pope said:

Well done to all, considering it was a horrible afternoon. You better enquire about a double decker to return the compliment ?

3 hours ago, Fanfare said:

Another heavy opening day defeat for Falmouth following a 100% pre season. Oh well, another 3rd place finish?!

Good to get the 1rst defeat out of the way .Now they know they arent invincible and cant be complacent .we need the spirit and teamwork that saw us beat tavi in the league cup final to see us over the line in every game .Cant take anything away from St Austell though .

12 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

In the SW Peninsula era Falmouth have only won twice from twelve opening league games of the season.

Never forget an opening day trip to Bickland Park and being 2 down with minutes to go. Scored 3 times and won the match. Great scenes that afternoon.

On 11/08/2018 at 20:37, Nick Pope said:

Nick we had a great day at Elburton  .We look forward to your trip to the home of Football later in the season.

2 hours ago, Paul said:

Never forget an opening day trip to Bickland Park and being 2 down with minutes to go. Scored 3 times and won the match. Great scenes that afternoon.

According to reports Falmouth were 2-0 up until the 87th minute when somehow St Blazey managed to score three goals to win the game. Both teams first SWPL game.

9 hours ago, Paul said:

From a Falmouth point of view-Shellshocked-Paul

Brinton Nute and a Kain Bond Penalty gave the home team a comfortable half time lead. Expecting to see the game out Dan Nancarrow 87m, followed by a Lee whetter Penalty and then the dramatic winner by Ashley Bradshaw.

Falmouth keeper Nathan Murphy.

On 11/08/2018 at 20:37, Nick Pope said:

We heard it was a bus full of holidaymakers that had got lost ! Joking really, well done Exmouth ? you have set a standard that will be expected wherever you go now.

FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round

Bodmin Town 4-4 Keynsham Town

I've fallen on my feet when selecting games in the first week of the SWPL season - an excellent game at Godolphin on Tuesday night and now this.

Bodmin were clinical in front of goal in the first half, 3 good chances and 3 goals. Keynsham had a lot of the ball, but Bodmin defended deep and crowded the visitors players really well meaning they got very few chances, but they did manage one goal to make the HT score 3-1.

After the break, Bodmin's defence began to loosen and Keynsham came back into it getting back to 3-2 before Bodmin added a fourth. Game over? No not a bit of it as Keynsham made it 4-3 and then 4-4 and even had another disallowed (neither the Bodmin nor Keynsham fans near me knew for what) a couple of minutes before the end.

Well done to both teams on providing such an excellent game, just sorry I can't make the replay on Tuesday night.

33 minutes ago, SCFC said:

because you'd rather save yourself £5 and moan on here about the lack of match day programmes/inadequate food choices/building work around the ground half finished?

I go to watch football and not observe a building site, I have enough of that during the week. The non existence of a programme does not worry me at all as £1 for a skeleton type programme is excessive.Also £5 is a lot of money but I would pay this if everything was in order such as dry areas to stand under.

5 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

I go to watch football and not observe a building site, I have enough of that during the week. The non existence of a programme does not worry me at all as £1 for a skeleton type programme is excessive.Also £5 is a lot of money but I would pay this if everything was in order such as dry areas to stand under.

behind each goal is a cover?

13 hours ago, THE BALD ONE said:

What was the crowd count please ?  Estimated away support count too ?  Good effort by all accounts.

According to the SWPL web-site the crowd was 92 I know Town had 45 ish.A good effort and a great day.There is no coach for Tavvy on Wednesday just cars and on a work day so  I   hope they don`t expect the bar to be drunk dry.

Edited by MTC
added info

9 hours ago, MTC said:

According to the SWPL web-site the crowd was 92 I know Town had 45 ish.A good effort and a great day.There is no coach for Tavvy on Wednesday just cars and on a work day so  I   hope they don`t expect the bar to be drunk dry.

45 ish.  That is a great effort.  Nice to see this and helps the home team with a few quid too.  Happy days.

On 11/08/2018 at 20:23, Paul said:

Blimey. That is a thumping. Was the 1st team at board masters as well? Fancied Tavi to do well. 

My daughter caught the train to Exmouth yesterday (Monday, from Camborne) and it got full of young girls, not boys, wearing wellies, covered in mud who promptly fell asleep. Dozens of girls, hardly a boy among them, all sleeping like babes. Obviously a good time had by all at Boardmasters.