Cornwall Football Forum

Results for Wednesday August 8 2018

Well, if we are to finish in the relegation places, be sure Newquay & Sticker to finish beneath us. Newquay not great at all. Been watching from a far at all the comments, the infatuation a lot of you have on here with Bodmin & how we are not the side of times gone by. To which I would agree at present, however neither are St.Austell, St.Blazey, Newquay, Penzance, Porthleven, so let's not put all our eggs in the one basket .. ? 

As for last night nowhere near the levels would expect from a Bodmin side, we are in transmission, like many sides. BUT reality says, we won 2-0, missed a penalty, clean sheet & got 3 points albeit against a poor side ?

Newquay had chances, but in honestly lacked the quality to put away the chances & always looked shaky at the back. We knew who & what to exploit, & we did, sealing the win.  Have told Danny 'Hitman' O'Hagan not to gloat to much on here later, after his goal against his former club (very naive Newquay) leaving Danny unmarked at the back post! ? 

Knowing Danny I am sure he won't stick the knife to far in to his former club, but his smile at the end said it all. Well done Danny ?

45 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

Well, if we are to finish in the relegation places, be sure Newquay & Sticker to finish beneath us. Newquay not great at all. Been watching from a far at all the comments, the infatuation a lot of you have on here with Bodmin & how we are not the side of times gone by. To which I would agree at present, however neither are St.Austell, St.Blazey, Newquay, Penzance, Porthleven, so let's not put all our eggs in the one basket .. ? 

As for last night nowhere near the levels would expect from a Bodmin side, we are in transmission, like many sides. BUT reality says, we won 2-0, missed a penalty, clean sheet & got 3 points albeit against a poor side ?

Newquay had chances, but in honestly lacked the quality to put away the chances & always looked shaky at the back. We knew who & what to exploit, & we did, sealing the win.  Have told Danny 'Hitman' O'Hagan not to gloat to much on here later, after his goal against his former club (very naive Newquay) leaving Danny unmarked at the back post! ? 

Knowing Danny I am sure he won't stick the knife to far in to his former club, but his smile at the end said it all. Well done Danny ?

So bodmin are in transmission are they !!! .How long till they get out of first gear then ? ????

Just wanted to say well done to Newquay last night ? for the first 30 mins they were the better team but then we changed our Formation a bit and dominated the rest of the game missed a pen first half but Callum on his Bodmin debut scored just before half time then second half it was all Bodmin and I scored from a far post header to make it 2-0.......things will only improve at Bodmin the side is coming together nicely!! Good luck to newquay for the rest of the season! ?