Cornwall Football Forum

Western league standard.

As many people said the standard in this league was no better than the South West Penisula league , I thought I would give my opinion on the teams we play match by match. This may change on the reverse fixture. I will rate them against where I feel they would have finished in last seasons league. Top 6 , middle or bottom 6. Please feel free to add your opinion too. Remember ,this is not personal , just my opinion on the day.

Odd Down - middle.

2 hours ago, THE BALD ONE said:

As many people said the standard in this league was no better than the South West Penisula league , I thought I would give my opinion on the teams we play match by match. This may change on the reverse fixture. I will rate them against where I feel they would have finished in last seasons league. Top 6 , middle or bottom 6. Please feel free to add your opinion too. Remember ,this is not personal , just my opinion on the day.

Odd Down - middle.

But what about the standard of Western League pasties?

9 minutes ago, Cornishfootball said:

Did Parkway travel with a Full Squad? Didnt see a team sheet on social media etc, Saltash tweet this before matches so thought Parkway would too being in a higher league now and liking the old social media

Full squad according to my man on the ground, will let him give his thoughts on here regarding match in due course. Not sure on reasons for no social media coverage, but not like Parkway as they are usually spot on with this.

Parkway matched Willand in terms of chances and possession but kept making stupid mistakes. Careless play gets punished at this level. Not sure I like the 442 formation, to open, the defence gets exposed. Perhaps it would work better to revert to a 352 or 451. Their centreback had Carter in his pocket. Parkway are a good team but tonight was a tough lesson. Willand were clinical. Milton was also badly missed. Still early days and plenty of time to turn things around.

22 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Beat 4 nil I believe. Bit of a thumping. Maybe not the walk in the park people thought. 

Willand are a very good side who I believe have finished in the top 4 for the past 6 seasons . A good benchmark for where Parkway need to be. Nobody seriously believed the Western League would be a stroll, it will take time for the club and players to adapt to step 5 and what is needed.  Players and management will learn from this and move on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

Another big win on the road for Parkway. Bitton currently played 5, won 5 in the league.

A very tough game to be honest WOTP. Bitton are a decent side and will be there or therabouts come the end of the season. A smashing win for Parkway and a very good TEAM performance makes the Party Bus truddle along nicely. A full match report will follow shortly..off to Snozzle tonight to watch the Lilly Whites take Bodmin apart ?

6 hours ago, RobinVanParkway said:

A very tough game to be honest WOTP. Bitton are a decent side and will be there or therabouts come the end of the season. A smashing win for Parkway and a very good TEAM performance makes the Party Bus truddle along nicely. A full match report will follow shortly..off to Snozzle tonight to watch the Lilly Whites take Bodmin apart ?

Me too.

6 hours ago, RobinVanParkway said:

I think MOST on this forum are probably thinking along the same lines RVP. Well, us sane people at least! 

11 hours ago, THE BALD ONE said:

Love the Parkway party bus. Still got the tune "Sweet Caroline" in my bloody head lol.

•  
  1. Sweet Caroline

Where it began
    I can't begin to knowin'
    But than I know it's growing strong

Was in the spring
    And spring became the summer
    Who'd believe you'd come along?

Hands, touchin' hands
    Reaching out
    Touching me
    Touching you