Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City FC

The move to Plainmoor ia temporary. It will just be for this season. Next season TCFC will be back playing at the Stadium For Cornwall.  Lee Hodges and Chris Todd decided to leave, that is their choice. Rest assured an experienced and well repected manager/coach will be appointed very soon.  No need for this negative talk.

no thought for the fan at all . prob hoping the torquay fans would turn out and watch, so you increase the gate money that not going to happen  , im sure a ground in cornwall could have been found to at least help your fans watch a game . its like parkway moving to bristol to play home games .

42 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

no thought for the fan at all . prob hoping the torquay fans would turn out and watch, so you increase the gate money that not going to happen  , im sure a ground in cornwall could have been found to at least help your fans watch a game . its like parkway moving to bristol to play home games .

Masters hasn't always gone about everything the right way but the amount of deluded people that actually think Truro could just rock up and play National league south games at Newquay or St Austell etc is laughable. The requirements difference between step 6 and step 2 is massive. Actually have a read of the step 2 requirements and stop just being a keyboard warrior.

53 minutes ago, Goldeneye said:

I expect it will be possible to play on the pitch before the whole project is completed. You often see football league clubs close down one or two sides of their grounds while building works are taking place.

Like your optimism  but no building has started yet.   looking from the outside  things looking shaky for your club , hopefully it  can be sorted for all the long standing supporters of Truro lots who have put years into the club . Good luck  I think you might need it .

3 hours ago, HTFC said:

Masters hasn't always gone about everything the right way but the amount of deluded people that actually think Truro could just rock up and play National league south games at Newquay or St Austell etc is laughable. The requirements difference between step 6 and step 2 is massive. Actually have a read of the step 2 requirements and stop just being a keyboard warrior.

Jumpers for goalposts - good enough for anyone.

Or ....put up a bit of rickety old scaffolding and call it a  stand, and your good enough for this massively high level of football.

Beaten by a step 6 club in a pre season friendly .....shocking.

3 hours ago, stevieb said:

Like your optimism  but no building has started yet.   looking from the outside  things looking shaky for your club , hopefully it  can be sorted for all the long standing supporters of Truro lots who have put years into the club . Good luck  I think you might need it .

I'm always positive, never negative.! I'll leave negativity to Older and St Darren!

4 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Jumpers for goalposts - good enough for anyone.

Or ....put up a bit of rickety old scaffolding and call it a  stand, and your good enough for this massively high level of football.

Beaten by a step 6 club in a pre season friendly .....shocking.

They had rickety old scaffolding at Treyew Road until the wind took it!

I think the first digging begins on Monday but playing there by next season, I love the optimism!

19 hours ago, Goldeneye said:

I'm always positive, never negative.! I'll leave negativity to Older and St Darren!

I’d call it realism!! I’d love to find a way to get behind Truro but there isn’t one. 

The owner had the potential to galvanise the club following the debacle of Heaney but his promises haven’t been fulfilled. 

This next year is one where it could start to cost Masters money so will see where it ends up. 

On 08/08/2018 at 17:11, Goldeneye said:

I expect it will be possible to play on the pitch before the whole project is completed. You often see football league clubs close down one or two sides of their grounds while building works are taking place.

Unfortunately NO - The whole ground has to be enclosed without it being possible to view play when stood outside.

That appears to be a crazy rule because we visit some grounds with chain link fencing.