Cornwall Football Forum

Tom McHale move North

Tom McHale the City keeper is expected to sign for Scottish League Division two club Elgin City subject to International clearance.

It follows a previous Truro -Falmouth striker Alex "Sammy" Leonce  who played for the same Elgin club in 1992. Sammy was based at RAF St.Mawgan before being transferred to RAF Kinloss

Owen-Evans to Falkirk, Cody to St.Mirren now Tom to Elgin!! What’s next...Ed Palmer to Celtic!?! Sammy scored twice against Rangers as well Mike in a pre season friendly that they lost 2-4. Had half their first team playing as well. Sammy what a beast in the air!!! Remember his debut in pre season for Town Mike? Scored 4 headers within an hour against Liskeard wasn’t it!? Any details for that match mate? There’s a tester for you ??

4 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

Tom McHale the City keeper is expected to sign for Scottish League Division two club Elgin City subject to International clearance.

It follows a previous Truro -Falmouth striker Alex "Sammy" Leonce  who played for the same club in 1994. Sammy was based at RAF St.Mawgan before being transferred to Losiemouth

Scored the winner for Truro City against the Town on Boxing Day in 1992 was it Mike, the only loser at  Treyew Road that day was the City groundsman. One of the most memorable I can remember at the now defunct ground.

5 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Owen-Evans to Falkirk, Cody to St.Mirren now Tom to Elgin!! What’s next...Ed Palmer to Celtic!?! Sammy scored twice against Rangers as well Mike in a pre season friendly that they lost 2-4. Had half their first team playing as well. Sammy what a beast in the air!!! Remember his debut in pre season for Town Mike? Scored 4 headers within an hour against Liskeard wasn’t it!? Any details for that match mate? There’s a tester for you ??

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?shva=1#inbox/16519d4424d6359a

Zoom in to read Mark-also can you  decipher the two initialled Liskeard players D.B. goalkeeper and D.W  No.7

I couldn't open it either. 

Are we talking about a goalkeeper initialled DB and a number 7 DW?

On 08/08/2018 at 13:04, Rayvon said:

Scored the winner for Truro City against the Town on Boxing Day in 1992 was it Mike, the only loser at  Treyew Road that day was the City groundsman. One of the most memorable I can remember at the now defunct ground.

Not 1992, he was playing for Elgin. You must mean 1990.

Cheers Mike, nice little piece about Sammy that mate! Cheers Mike, forgot I scored in that game!!! Liskeard were a decent Western League team back then. Remember Thwaitsy on the left wing and Hodgie on the right before he went pro with Exeter that season. A dream for Sammy in the air with that service coming in!! We had a great team that season, how many teams could have Glynn Hooper on the bench!! One Of Trevor’s best teams he put together I reckon bless him ?

3 hours ago, Fanfare said:

I couldn't open it either. 

Are we talking about a goalkeeper initialled DB and a number 7 DW?

Not 1992, he was playing for Elgin. You must mean 1990.

Boxing Day 1990 Truro 1-0 Sammy leonce (H) my notes Rain,Gales Treyew Road a mudbath-you are right Rayvon'

Fanfare I will Email those pages-perhaps you could then display them.

Yes those were the initials on the team sheet-could it be Derek Bellotti ?

2 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Cheers Mike, nice little piece about Sammy that mate! Cheers Mike, forgot I scored in that game!!! Liskeard were a decent Western League team back then. Remember Thwaitsy on the left wing and Hodgie on the right before he went pro with Exeter that season. A dream for Sammy in the air with that service coming in!! We had a great team that season, how many teams could have Glynn Hooper on the bench!! One Of Trevor’s best teams he put together I reckon bless him ?

You forgot you scored!!!!! no way.

3 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

Boxing Day 1990 Truro 1-0 Sammy leonce (H) my notes Rain,Gales Treyew Road a mudbath-you are right Rayvon'

Fanfare I will Email those pages-perhaps you could then display them.

Yes those were the initials on the team sheet-could it be Derek Bellotti ?

Could well be. He was kicking around with Saltash, St Blazey, Newquay and Falmouth in the early to mid 80s after Torquay so could quite be.

I tried to upload them but the files are too big! Great reading though!

The memory ain't the best these days Older!! ? Can remember some goals from 30 years ago and forget ones from 10 years ago! Remember scoring 5 past Kev Miller on your bowling green at Kernick mate! 4 second half with a couple 25 yard volleys bottom end, Malabar v Mawnan Lockhart Cup Final. Two years later Kev was a pro! ? What a career he had as well. 

10 hours ago, RAPPO said:

The memory ain't the best these days Older!! ? Can remember some goals from 30 years ago and forget ones from 10 years ago! Remember scoring 5 past Kev Miller on your bowling green at Kernick mate! 4 second half with a couple 25 yard volleys bottom end, Malabar v Mawnan Lockhart Cup Final. Two years later Kev was a pro! ? What a career he had as well. 

I know what you mean Mark, I have on one occasion forgotten my name..... How bad is that... Lol. 

Hope you are all good.