Cornwall Football Forum

Senior Cup Round Dates
Round 1 – Sat 6th October 2018
Round 2 – Sat 10th November 2018
Round 3 – Sat 5th January 2019
Round 4 – Sat 2nd February 2019
Semi Final – Tues 5th March Wed 6th March (Reserve date, Tues 19th March and Wed 20th March)
Final – Easter Monday 22nd April 2019

Bodmin Town        v    Illogan RBL
Torpoint Athletic    v    AFC St Austell
Launceston        v    Mullion
Mousehole        v    Millbrook
Looe Town FC        v    Falmouth Town
St Stephens Borough    v    Ludgvan
Lizard Argyle        v    Wendron United
Godolphin Atlantic    v    Saltash United
Perranporth        v    Mevagissey
Roche            v    Wadebridge Town
Sticker            v    St Blazey
St Just            v    St Teath
Polperro        v    St Minver
St Agnes        v    Liskeard Athletic
Lanreath        v    Morwenstow
Carharrack        v    Porthleven
St Stephen        v    Hayle
Helston Athletic        v    Penzance
Redruth United        v    St Day

All other clubs receive a bye

5 minutes ago, motherwontletmegoargyle said:

I think I've just seen the 1st round draw for the senior cup on the Cornwall FA web site. Why are some of the ties To Be Confirmed v To Be Confirmed. Did they drop the balls on the floor after pulling them out of the bag and roll through a hole in the floor boards.

Probably their way for setting out byes!

Yes a pleasing draw as it will be a first visit for me.-are the facilities accessable for a car?

I have found a previous result Looe 1 Falmouth Town 2 (C.Chegwyn-K.Etheridge) in the C.Charity Cup Q/F 3rd.Feb.1973

Fanfare, is this the same club Looe or Looe Town and would that have been the same ground?

8 hours ago, motherwontletmegoargyle said:

I think I've just seen the 1st round draw for the senior cup on the Cornwall FA web site. Why are some of the ties To Be Confirmed v To Be Confirmed. Did they drop the balls on the floor after pulling them out of the bag and roll through a hole in the floor boards.

Knowing the fa that is probably what happened !

14 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

Yes a pleasing draw as it will be a first visit for me.-are the facilities accessable for a car?

I have found a previous result Looe 1 Falmouth Town 2 (C.Chegwyn-K.Etheridge) in the C.Charity Cup Q/F 3rd.Feb.1973

Fanfare, is this the same club Looe or Looe Town and would that have been the same ground?

No to both. The car park at the ground is small and there are no spectator facilities at the switchback ground. Access is through the gate and across the grass to the pitch on the left, the one with dug outs. If memory serves me right I think the contours are similar to Witheridge although someone might wish to prove me wrong.

It's been touched on on another thread but the old Looe ground is at Hay Lane, presumably where the academy is now judging by the steep hill which is Hay Lane.

The Barbican Field isn't one of the best grounds you can wish to have but if I have a decent lottery win in the meantime I will charter a helicopter to ensure you get a front row seat in the dug out!! ?

This will be the third meeting with a team from Looe but the first with the newer incarnation.

Going to be a cracking day for Looe and especially well deserved by a certain few  individuals that have worked their dusters off for that club.

I hope they have a great day and make a few quid

The pitch isn't the best but they make the most of it and it may help to close the gap in ability a little bit

AND - I watched that 1973 match at Hay Lane - Hope it's as close this time !!!