Cornwall Football Forum

Gosling goes for £1.5m

Dan Gosling to Everton for £1.5m what a fantastic business deal that was and I understand that it could rise to £3m based on appearances. I think the £.5 million for Buzaky was again a great deal, add that to the £50k profit from Hales (his last big pay day) and we look like we could be heading for some stability. I believe Ipswich are in for Norris but they will need at least £2m as a large %, I believe 25-50% must go to Bolton.

Fans will complain about the loss of Gosling but I honestly feel he is full England material and somebody would have grabbed him anyway so its not a question of Argyle just being a selling club its a question of Argyle knowing the lad would eventually be enticed away. Argyle were never going to be able to keep him so to accept that deal was good. Argyle are punching well above their weight this season and need all round strengthening. Don't be surprised if McCormack makes a move back to the midlands for another very big fee. Fallon to Southend also looks a good deal at £250k. What about Chadwick I think he could fetch a good price. Connolly could also go for a very large fee. The lad has done well since joining as a youngster but he has been treading water for a coule of seasons now. So a move could do him good.

Its up to Sturrock to find the right players so that he can make a challenge for promotion next season. It was never going to be this season as there were to many players on the books who weren't good enough. And before anyone praises Holloword for signing the two Hungarians and Seip, they all came for trials they were not approached by anyone.

Who is arriving will be a typical Sturrock cloak and dagger affair but I think we must trust his judgement. he hasn't let us down yet and he really wants to manage in the Premier League. If Argyle were ever to reach the promised land then players will be falling over themselves to join

I think ECPL might of made a little mistake :D

DAN GOSLING will this week become Everton’s first signing of the January transfer window.

The highly rated 17-year-old is poised to complete a move from Coca-Cola Championship outfit Plymouth Argyle.

Everton have agreed a transfer fee of an initial £1m that could eventually rise to £3m. :drink:

Guest danny-efc-pafc

good to see him join a good club lol! used to watch him at plymouth when i went was a matter of time before he got snapped up, will be good to see him at my beloved club lol. how much did buszaky go for?

Oooooooooooops!!!!!!!.

I'm afraid Sports Lover and Iamthebest do not see the whole picture. Argyle were never going to stop the lad leaving in a million years if the money was right. You obviously did not read what I said about the deal. Read it again and you will understand what I meant.

Sturrock gave us two promotions and I am sure he will eventually give us the third. It's all about understanding what it takes to build a winning team on and off the field. Gosling was an investment for the future with Everton but at full back and that is exactly where Sturrock played him. Everton liked it and the rest is history. There will be other Goslings I'm sure.

Southampton made a fool of themselves by getting rid of Sturrock and cash strapped Sheffield Wednesday thought he could win everything on nothing.

At least Argyle are going in the right direction. it is a stable club. As I said before once we get to the top flight players will be falling all over themselves to join Argyle. And by the hoops I assume you mean QPR who are hoovering up any player that is around. Some planning for the future that.

Guest postman pat

argyle have also taken18year old leftback paddy boyle,a scottish u19 international on trial with a view to joining the squad if the trial is a sucess from everton.what this shows is that sturrock wants his squad and not hollowords.everyone knows that Argyles budget is limited and that loads of players are out of contract in the summer,what is encouraging is that sturrock is carrying on from holloword and encouraging youth.lets not forget that in mike pejic we have one of the best coaches in the country if we can get good british youngsters and develope them at Argyle then the future can only be bright. we do not need to buy for the sake of buying and get into debt like so many other teams.Argyle are progressing again this season and staying within their means the only way is up

COME ON YOU GREENS

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Guest Sport Lover

Not quite sure Buzachy is any old player?

Also if you notice I put a little ;-) in my reply which denotes a bit of humour something missed by you Argyle fans :-)