Cornwall Football Forum

Godolphin vs Tavistock

Big game at Godolphin Way tonight the G take on most peoples tip for the league Tavi they are mine ,got 2 of my fav players playing for them the 2 joshes Oak and Robbins 2 class players and the got the best goalscorer around Glynn Hobbs with any luck he wont be playing tonight but if he is i can see a hat trick for him and i have gone for a 6-1 win to Tavi hope im wrong .Got to find a way of getting there tonight car in garage having a new clutch so looks like its catching the Bus .Looking forward to a good game .Come on the G Army

Brilliant game tonight Godolphin where outstanding and if they play like they did tonight they will have no worries this season .To a man they where that good iF Phil Lowry had played they may of even won it but a draw was a good result .When Glyyn Hobbs came on as a sub i thought thats it the G will loose now and soon after coming on he scored a clear pen and had a great free kick turned over by the impressive G goalie Ethan Fern .Tavistock where missing severel players goalie Josh Oak ,Lewis Daw and Hobbs was on the bench and if they got to rely on that goalie they will have problems the G equaliser was down to his fault not pushing the ball out of the danger zone and not to Tom Shepherd who had a easy goal which he scored .The whole G TEAM PLAYED SO WELL and OLLIE PINNELLS Clearance off the line was outstanding .Lets not get carried away lets c how the G get on later in the season when Tavi have there full team out but with a front line of Grant ,Prynne and Crago not a bad foward line and Hobbs on the bench .

Well done to the G Tremendous team display still think Tavi will win the league they played some lovely football tonight and missed so many chances but lots of that was down to the G defence and brilliant goalkeeping in EtHAN FERN was nice to catch up with Rappo and Darren . Was nice of my neighbor to lend me there gulf to get to the footy tonight while my car is still in garage having a new clutch fitted hope its ready for tmmrw night to go to St Austell One last thing apolpgise to the G team for saying you would loose 6-1 tonight glad i got that score wrong

Steve, great to see you and Smokie, and also nice to have a good yarn with Rappo. I think a draw was about right; the first half was nip and tuck, each side capitalising on keeper errors to change ends at 1-1, while Tavistock's second goal (a clear penalty) came against the run of play, but Godolphin levelled with a screamer. I thought the ref was good too, not blowing up for every tackle and ignoring the protests. It's hardly his fault if too many of the players aren't strong enough to withstand a challenge. Clay country interest was provided by the home team fielding Mojo and Jordi, and both did really well. My first visit to Godolphin since we pulled out of the league and the place is looking ok to be fair. Four cameras were filming so looking forward to seeing the highlights on here.

I was talking to Tavi player LEWIS Daw he said  Oak had a stomach complaint .Kyle Moore was in goal the Parkway keeper i think .the tavi team was 1Moore 2 Greening 3 robins 4 w daw 5 Hallet 6Toujani 7Shanley 8 Elliot 9Prynn 10 Grant 11 Crago subs Hobbs 14 Brown 15 Williams . Bet theres a lot of sore plyers today it was a very physical game and i thought each side should of had a pen but thats football .The ref and his assistance where excellent they let the game flow and this led to a excellent game

4 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Very strong looking Tavi squad. Can't see where Glyn Hobbs fits in though (barring injuries of course), will he stick around to sit on the bench?

Would love to see Godolphin getting back to where they were this season. Good club with good people behind the scenes.

Stuart Henderson in the latest CORNISH SOCCER Podcast suggested he's got to earn his place ahead of Prynn and Grant.

Agree with all posted above; this was an excellent game of football and great value for your £5.

Both keepers (especially the Godolphin one) made some superb saves, and both also benefitted from some pinball in the box with the ball ending up in their arms.

And, also agree with the praise of the officials, they played their part in making the match so watchable.

Think the lads have covered it all really but must agree, good old game of local football between two good teams. Tavi went a goal up and then hit the post and had one cleared off the line, might have been different if one of those went in to double the lead? Would have been rough on Godolphin who were playing really well and deserved the equaliser at the time I thought. Jamie Lowry is always class whenever I’ve watched him and I was impressed with Sheppard last night, did a lot of good things and worked his socks off. Really physical and pretty even 2nd half with chances at either end and both keepers made two good saves each with their feet. Definite penalty and well done Godolphin for earning a well earned point which over the 90 minutes I don’t think anyone could have any complaints about. A couple of little dives here and there which the ref ignored, did really well, this game needed a strong ref. Really enjoyable evening, good laugh with Darin about some old times and always nice to see the lovable Smokie and Mr 100% Cornish. Nice evenings entertainment, bloody fresh as well, missed that nice bit of fresh air last couple of months! 

3 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Stuart Henderson in the latest CORNISH SOCCER Podcast suggested he's got to earn his place ahead of Prynn and Grant.

the manager has to say that tho and put him on the bench ,shows the team he wont walk into the squad , they are both good friends so i am  sure glyn will be leading that line again soon 

and it should spur the strikers already there to give everything . can only be good for Tavi