Cornwall Football Forum

WILLAND ROVERS V PLYMOUTH PARKWAY

( A trip to forget for me ).  Willand 4   Parkway  0.    Willand were a very good well organised team. Their defence were excellent and they had 2 fast tricky wingers with a hot shot up front.  Parkway created just as many chances , but failed to hit the back of the net . The first 2 goal were errors by Parkway players. I thought we were also outplayed in the mid field area which is unusual for us . Krac and Joyce did not seem to be able to do their magic . I wanted Smith to start and he did , but to be honest the Willand defence had him , Williams , Yetton and Carter under control most of the game . We did tend to play that ball up the field for the lad Carter to hold up or run onto .............  this is not how we had played last season and it showed . Well and truly turned over I think.

It poored down too and too make the trip worse I spent a good 20 minutes trying to get back onto the M5 due to traffic works . Like in a previous post from Way of the Park , I did tell him live from the pitch that the Willand pasty is the best I have tasted. Well done to all the Parkway fans who made the trip probably a good 50 or so. 

I do hope there are not too many teams this good in the is league lol.  Although they were a pleasure to watch.

Well, hope a lesson is learnt and onto the next match.

Cmon Parkway.

Agree with most of the above, Willand are a decent side. Thats the wake up call we need ..brush ourselves down, re group and go again Saturday.

As the Bald One said, magnificent away support for the Parkway by the travelling fans, they will all be there at Hengrove on Saturday.

A massive thanks to Willand Rovers for their hospitality, always a warm welcome and friendly banter...just how it should be.

Dare I say...the last time we lost a league game ....we then went unbeaten in the league for the rest of the season

Come on you Yellow's

2 hours ago, Home Waters said:

The last time we conceded four goals was on 17th March 2017 at St.Austell, we lost 5-0 and finished 7th that season in the SWPL. Most clubs suffer heavy defeats at some point during the season, get it out the way and get going again. 

I remember that day, first time I every left a game early. 5-0 down after around 60 minutes and soaking wet through. Good pasty though!