Cornwall Football Forum

1 hour ago, willy7 said:

What's everyone's top 5 for this season.

Here is mine.

1.PenCarStone

2.Perranporth

3.St.Day

4.Hayle

5.Falmouth

Falmouth struggling to raise a team & have lost to junior sides in pre season. Illogen & St Ives will be top 4 along with the 2 obvious favourites. 

1 hour ago, Mr Justice said:

No Illogan? Surely they would be Top 3. 

Why? They struggled last season. Have they signed lot's of new player's that will improve them?

44 minutes ago, Roy D said:

Falmouth struggling to raise a team & have lost to junior sides in pre season. Illogen & St Ives will be top 4 along with the 2 obvious favourites. 

Was thinking of leaving Falmouth out and going for St.Ives or Illogan but Falmouth will us First team players when they can.

1 hour ago, willy7 said:

Why? They struggled last season. Have they signed lot's of new player's that will improve them?

Was thinking of leaving Falmouth out and going for St.Ives or Illogan but Falmouth will us First team players when they can.

Illogan have gone down league though so that will probably help!

3 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Got players from about 6 different clubs I think, had 5  from last years Penryn team in one friendly.

A good mix at the moment, but that always changes when the season starts.

Might be a few new player's but most of the team follow there manager. So it is PenCarStone

1 hour ago, willy7 said:

Might be a few new player's but most of the team follow there manager. So it is PenCarStone

Players move clubs every year Willy, get over it or else we could be here a while making up new names for every team in the league 

I believe it will a cracking title chase this year: 

Perranporth, penryn, illogan, st ives, Falmouth and st day got to be the teams competing for the league. Most teams having a cracking pre season with results. Perranporth beating godolphin and drawing with Bodmin. Penryn being unlucky again higher league sides.. illogan beating higher league sides.  St ives I’ve heard has got a lot of old players back. St day if they can get through there 12 away games with only a few defeats will be up there again. Not seen much on Falmouth but they done well last year and with strength in the club will help them if needed. Can’t wait to watch these lot play each other.

so a gamble I would say.....

1) penryn

2) illogan

3) perranporth

4) st ives

5) st day

6) Falmouth 2nds

this is my opinion on the league. I think it’s harder than i thought to do. 

10 hours ago, COYG said:

Players move clubs every year Willy, get over it or else we could be here a while making up new names for every team in the league 

Players do but team's always don't!?

10 hours ago, Harry Pope said:

I had 6 months at st Austell as a youngster aswell so shouldnt it be St CarPenStone? ? 

Managing? If not then it doesn't count.?

Perranporth

st ives

st day

helston

st agnes

plenty to choose from to go down, i see the desperate pleas from carharrack for players week in week out! They will be down, redruth were poor last season and did well to avoid relegation then and I can't imagine they'd entice many players to clijah so they won't be far behind. RNAS Culdrose may also be there again, no consistency and they just seem to lack any real belief. 

1 hour ago, Sijames said:

Perranporth

st ives

st day

helston

st agnes

plenty to choose from to go down, i see the desperate pleas from carharrack for players week in week out! They will be down, redruth were poor last season and did well to avoid relegation then and I can't imagine they'd entice many players to clijah so they won't be far behind. RNAS Culdrose may also be there again, no consistency and they just seem to lack any real belief. 

no penryn? ryn perranporth and stday for top 3 in no particular order. car'ick be lucky to see out the seasaon

We at Redruth have had to completely rebuild from last season only retaining 6 from the last squad at Porthleven.We have and are still working on our pitch despite those pesky miners and have recruited some good young players and are optimistic for the coming season.After last seasons struggle it would have been very easy to all give up but! We as a club know it will take time and as a group we battle on and it will be our turn to see the good times. Football goes in circles and at the minute we are near the bottom but we believe in our management teams and will keep going.Good luck to all teams this season and will see you all during our games

15 minutes ago, Postman Pat said:

We at Redruth have had to completely rebuild from last season only retaining 6 from the last squad at Porthleven.We have and are still working on our pitch despite those pesky miners and have recruited some good young players and are optimistic for the coming season.After last seasons struggle it would have been very easy to all give up but! We as a club know it will take time and as a group we battle on and it will be our turn to see the good times. Football goes in circles and at the minute we are near the bottom but we believe in our management teams and will keep going.Good luck to all teams this season and will see you all during our games

Maybe Sijames can show us how its all done.  There is a vacancy at Ludgvan even Truro City now. I'm sure with all his footballing knowledge he can win the league easily. 

2 hours ago, Sijames said:

Plenty to choose from to go down, i see the desperate pleas from carharrack for players week in week out! They will be down, redruth were poor last season and did well to avoid relegation then and I can't imagine they'd entice many players to clijah so they won't be far behind. RNAS Culdrose may also be there again, no consistency and they just seem to lack any real belief. 

There won't be any relegation at the end of the reason as the league are re-structuring to fit in the new Cornwall Senior League. They want 5-6-7 teams from the Combo to join it and they do not have to be the top 5-6-7 sides at the end of this coming season.

If say 6 sides ask and get given the nod, then the Combo will be down to 14 sides meaning no relegation (unless a club applies to be relegated) and that 2 sides need to progress up from the Trelawny to make up 16 teams. 

If I were on a Trelawny Premier side's committee for this season and we had dreams of joining the Combo I would be out with a hammer knocking down our dugouts and building new ones to pass the grading. I would be fund raising like hell between now and Christmas to get some money in to pay for ground improvements to pass the grading. 

3 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

There won't be any relegation at the end of the reason as the league are re-structuring to fit in the new Cornwall Senior League. They want 5-6-7 teams from the Combo to join it and they do not have to be the top 5-6-7 sides at the end of this coming season.

If say 6 sides ask and get given the nod, then the Combo will be down to 14 sides meaning no relegation (unless a club applies to be relegated) and that 2 sides need to progress up from the Trelawny to make up 16 teams. 

If I were on a Trelawny Premier side's committee for this season and we had dreams of joining the Combo I would be out with a hammer knocking down our dugouts and building new ones to pass the grading. I would be fund raising like hell between now and Christmas to get some money in to pay for ground improvements to pass the grading. 

Why? Plenty of teams currently at that level that don't have the standards needed? Just a blind eye turned!

8 hours ago, Maler10 said:

No it’s defo at least £1000!!! Money is only paper after all ????

With the couple of player's that they have signed for a few bits of paper from Falmouth I am sure they will be up there challenging.?

7 hours ago, CornishRhino said:

For me it's going to be either Penryn or St Day winning the league. Both will have very good sides this season.

Think Penryn got a strong team in all positions but st.day very good going forward but not strong enough at the back. Splash the cash,Hayle and St.ives will all be in the mix. Should be a great season ahead

8 hours ago, Alf said:

With the couple of player's that they have signed for a few bits of paper from Falmouth I am sure they will be up there challenging.?

Think Penryn got a strong team in all positions but st.day very good going forward but not strong enough at the back. Splash the cash,Hayle and St.ives will all be in the mix. Should be a great season ahead

Yeah paying those lads £250 a game ???????? if only we did have money tho! 

5 hours ago, Maler10 said:

Yeah paying those lads £250 a game ???????? if only we did have money tho! 

You don't but your manager does.?

42 minutes ago, Maler10 said:

Hahaha Luke, I hear you boys are on the payroll down pencarrack

Penryn wouldn't have money to pay.