Cornwall Football Forum

What? No pasties?

37 minutes ago, pastyman said:

Read in another post, that there were no pasties at St Dennis for the Cup Finals.

Why are clubs not selling the staple diet of Cornwall?

From memory, Bodmin, Falmouth, Newquay and Camelford are examples of clubs selling burgers and not pasties.

WHY?

The clubs greed for money- not much profit in pasties !

15 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

You are very amusing Al. 

You do make me laugh how you go out of your way to be obnoxious. 

Probably my nature - the same as people are towards me !

44 minutes ago, golong said:

get a new hobby, you are boring now 

Perhaps you should also !

4 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Clubs don't run on air. 

Food and drink is a better earner than gate money for most clubs. Think about it, £1.50 for a wholesale pasty (for example), sell one (or even two) to a hungry punter for £3.00. 100% profit on the mark up. Everybody's happy.

4 minutes ago, mattelot said:

You used to have your tray of chips at half time .

In all fairness £1 was a reasonable price, the portion was quite large.

Being a conisiur of Cornish Pasties here are my top three 1) Hampsons of Hayle 2) Auntie Avis's St Kew Highway (3 Pips Pasties Penryn and Premier Pasties at St Columb Major at only 1 pound eighty p each highly commended. Used to be a place down Helston called Mothers but don't think they are there now although Horse and Jockey were always good. Any other thoughts. Truro City used to get there's from Etheringtons 

Thought this was a football forum now we are going on and on about friggin Pasties by those Mary Berry wannabees . The best pasties where always the ones my mum made dont go a pile on any shop ones now we used to have a bakery here in Newquay called Matthews they had pasties to die for ,thw worst Gingsters even my dog wont eat them ok back to football stories

15 hours ago, Rayvon said:

Being a conisiur of Cornish Pasties here are my top three 1) Hampsons of Hayle 2) Auntie Avis's St Kew Highway (3 Pips Pasties Penryn and Premier Pasties at St Columb Major at only 1 pound eighty p each highly commended. Used to be a place down Helston called Mothers but don't think they are there now although Horse and Jockey were always good. Any other thoughts. Truro City used to get there's from Etheringtons 

Mothers is still going strong down Helston ??

22 hours ago, Rayvon said:

You get curry sauce on your chips up Kernick think they have employed a cordon bleu chef up there.:thumbsup:

With a sprinkling of fag ash at no extra price apparently .?

2 hours ago, motherwontletmegoargyle said:

Sometime there are issues in Cornwall more important than football. Like scones (or scones), warm or cold, jam or cream on 1st. Saffron cake. Is it ok to put butter on a slice?

Best saffron cake used to be couches .loved there tea treat buns .deffinitly not butter thats sacrilege  .

11 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Pips are the best around here by a country mile. 

The best of all times were Belbins at Penryn, cooked in a traditional coke oven and along with their bread were exquisite. The flavour was out of this world as they were cooked slowly with none of the fan assisted ovens of today which dries everything up. Little wonder there were queues down the street every lunchtime.

8 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

The best of all times were Belbins at Penryn, cooked in a traditional coke oven and along with their bread were exquisite. The flavour was out of this world as they were cooked slowly with none of the fan assisted ovens of today which dries everything up. Little wonder there were queues down the street every lunchtime.

Going back a bit there Al.

The thread was about pasties not football, nice to hear some other views, when I was  a lad the only pasties you could get in Truro were Blewetts then along came Barnicotes but your mother always made the best. Nice to have a sideways step before the season starts. Come on you White Seaguls.

8 hours ago, Rayvon said:

The thread was about pasties not football, nice to hear some other views, when I was  a lad the only pasties you could get in Truro were Blewetts then along came Barnicotes but your mother always made the best. Nice to have a sideways step before the season starts. Come on you White Seaguls.

Ahhh! mothers pasties, yes the best.... bless her, best in heaven now. 

8 hours ago, scousemouse said:

Isn't this just classic, someone asks a simple question and as per usual.....

The question was about clubs not selling pasties.

Are there any clubs that do sell a good pasty?  I know i've had one at Liskeard on a senior cup final day, but that may have been a one off. And i think i saw em at Newquay.

19 hours ago, Mark Jones said:

Mary’s pasties grampound are quite nice.

Mary's Pastys. No idea why it's spelled this way, but it is. And they're good :)

5 hours ago, Ron Manager said:

Are there any clubs that do sell a good pasty?

St Day did excellent pasties last season.

On 31/07/2018 at 10:15, Ron Manager said:

Bray and K's of Redruth one of the best around at the moment.

Yeah, really good pasties and lovely staff. Their sausage rolls are excellent too. I've not had an egg and bacon pie from there but they look fantastic.