Cornwall Football Forum

Truro vacating Treyew Road

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Fanfare said:

If I don't do it someone else will. Truro expect to be playing home games at Plainmoor next season after all.

Press release coming in the morning...

Spotlight got the scoop on the telly earlier .not much point in a press release .

2 hours ago, mattelot said:

Spotlight got the scoop on the telly earlier .not much point in a press release .

Apparently so but other posters have said there is a press release and thought that it's a big enough topic to have it's own thread instead of snippets here and there.

2 hours ago, St Darren said:

It’s another and the final example of the club no longer being for the community. The owner has taken it on as a business in the hope of earning some money from it (no problem with that) but in doing so has completely alienated any potential fan base 

Short term pain for long term gain Darren. Can't say I'm in favour but you can't stop progress, unfortunately the damage was done by the previous chairman, the rest is history.

TISA Statement on Truro City Ground Share with Torquay United

Today marks a tragedy for Cornish sport and Truro City fans in particular as they face their club being moved to Torquay for an indeterminate amount of time, perhaps forever. It’s a disgrace that in the near six years under the current ownership that the owners have failed to obtain a location either permanent or temporary even within the boundary of Cornwall let alone Truro itself.  We now find ourselves voluntarily vacating Treyew Road without even the completed business case required to enable the Government to consider providing the funds required to start work on the Stadium for Cornwall, a project which the current owners spent much of their tenure ridiculing rather than supporting.

Much has been said about the current owners stepping in to save the club six years ago but the reality is that whilst they have managed to maintain Truro City’s place in step 2 of the footballing pyramid, the heart and soul of the club has been ripped out as we have seen the reserve and ladies team abolished, a failure to establish youth development scheme, the closure of the social club and a general alienation of its fans and the Cornish footballing community.

If the current owners were to walk away from the club today they would do so without losing a penny of their own money, having been repaid by the developers who now gain from the city’s loss.

The current tragic situation represents a dereliction of duty and failure of custodianship by the current owners.  Of course we desperately now hope that Stadium for Cornwall comes to fruition but the question for Truro City fans is, will they even have a football club by the time that happens.  A total failure to deliver for Truro City. A very sad day indeed!

1 hour ago, Rob1978 said:

Treyew road is essentially an old southwestern league ground with some temporary seats installed. Could not those seats have reinstalled at another Cornish ground??

Good point Rob. Would be a shame if useable material was simply wasted.

Not quite that simple I'm afraid Rob, there are several other stipulations, off the top of my head some of them are the dressing rooms have to be of a certain size City had to extend there away one to meet regulations not long ago, there has to be a solid path all the way round the outside of the pitch as well as a solid fence as well, think it's also compulsory to have four turnstiles as well as seperate showers and toilets for the officials, separate room for the away directors and for the players to eat after the game so as you can see its not that straightforward but thank you for your concern.

3 hours ago, Fanfare said:

TISA Statement on Truro City Ground Share with Torquay United

Today marks a tragedy for Cornish sport and Truro City fans in particular as they face their club being moved to Torquay for an indeterminate amount of time, perhaps forever. It’s a disgrace that in the near six years under the current ownership that the owners have failed to obtain a location either permanent or temporary even within the boundary of Cornwall let alone Truro itself.  We now find ourselves voluntarily vacating Treyew Road without even the completed business case required to enable the Government to consider providing the funds required to start work on the Stadium for Cornwall, a project which the current owners spent much of their tenure ridiculing rather than supporting.

Much has been said about the current owners stepping in to save the club six years ago but the reality is that whilst they have managed to maintain Truro City’s place in step 2 of the footballing pyramid, the heart and soul of the club has been ripped out as we have seen the reserve and ladies team abolished, a failure to establish youth development scheme, the closure of the social club and a general alienation of its fans and the Cornish footballing community.

If the current owners were to walk away from the club today they would do so without losing a penny of their own money, having been repaid by the developers who now gain from the city’s loss.

The current tragic situation represents a dereliction of duty and failure of custodianship by the current owners.  Of course we desperately now hope that Stadium for Cornwall comes to fruition but the question for Truro City fans is, will they even have a football club by the time that happens.  A total failure to deliver for Truro City. A very sad day indeed!

What is the situation regarding the infamous stadium ? I can remember the council putting a vast sum of council tax payers money into it with tax payers having nothing to say in the matter,but not heard anything since !

9 hours ago, Rayvon said:

Short term pain for long term gain Darren. Can't say I'm in favour but you can't stop progress, unfortunately the damage was done by the previous chairman, the rest is history.

Masters came into a situation where he couldn’t lose following the Heaney debacle but he’s managed to alienate even more! He’s told so many stories and changed them so many times that he’s harder to believe than Heaney was. 

It’s the end of Truro City. At least 3 years up in Torquay!!!

5 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Because it's where Cornwall is.....one road in ....one road out.

Is that the A30 or the A38?!

It seems incredible to think that in the early 1970s the very existence on the South Western League was almost ended by clubs showing more than a passing glance at joining the Western League. Bodmin, St Austell, St Blazey, Newquay, Liskeard and Saltash all attended meetings. Falmouth even toyed with the idea of bypassing the Western League straight into the Southern League which could be done at the time before they had second thoughts.

I fear Truro's move to Torquay will be the death knell of their ambitions of league football. It's a long way to go for home games and even with subsidised coaches making the trek, surely it can't be sustainable, even if player's expenses will be a lot less.

And guess what.Would this have anything to do with the swift exit from Treyew Rd.?

We now see the proposed new plans for Torquay United's new 10'000 seater stadium,hotel,and entertainment arena.

Surely Pete Masters would'nt be interested.

A local buisness man ,with Truro City in his heart,and no connections with Torquay.

Some more pieces of the jigsaw,comes together.

24 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

That’s not for now though is it Rayvon?

“Plan B”?

Think its too late to drop down the divisions fo the coming season.

Plan "B" was explained that if the SFC fell through they would drop down  but was secret on if it was a new ground or ground share.

23 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

They are going to drop a few leagues anyway with that team. 

Time to put your money where your mouth is Older, £100 says City don't get relegated this season, loser pays to charity of your choice.

1 minute ago, Rayvon said:

Time to put your money where your mouth is Older, £100 says City don't get relegated this season, loser pays to charity of your choice.

Never placed a bet in my life, and won't be doing it now either. 

The only thing you will CATCH fishing here...... is a cold buddy. 

Spent 50+ years amassing my fortune, and continue to add to it with my mahoosive pension, and that is where it will stay.... IN MY BANK. 

10 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Never placed a bet in my life, and won't be doing it now either. 

The only thing you will CATCH fishing here...... is a cold buddy. 

Spent 50+ years amassing my fortune, and continue to add to it with my mahoosive pension, and that is where it will stay.... IN MY BANK. 

No good in the bank.

Cant take it with you.

Must be a Spurs supporter.:thumbsup:

2 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Yo! correct - COYS forever. 

And... not taking it with me, already been distributing it around my family to help them buy their first houses. 

Typical plenty of hot air but no substance. Only good thing to come out of Penryn these days is a Pips Pasty, oh and by the way how did you manage to amass a 50 year pension without having to work?

I am of the opinion that if handled right there could be development grants available from the Football Association but that possibility has never been mentioned so maybe I am wrong HOWEVER why are Truro City the only ones on the receiving end of adverse comment? The CORNISH PIRATES and the other interested S4C parties appear to be pushing harder with their begging bowls - TRURO COLLEGE EXIST FROM THE RECEIPT OF GOVERNMENT CASH but that appears to be acceptable but it is run as a business encouraging students from OUTSIDE THE COUNTY.

Who are Cornwall Community Stadium Ltd ? 

Who are HLL  who are only putting £600,000 in the pot - They apparently will administer the S4C - TRURO CITY WOULD ONLY BE A TENANT possibly with all others having the lions share of what goes on. 

SILVER BOW should not have been cast aside,  it was promised as the home of Truro City Football Club - TCFC are left without a pot to pee in.

Many parties have told many lies - Even the PRIME MINISTER during his electioneering tour of the places he liked to enjoy this holidays.

On 27/07/2018 at 19:33, TREYEW 1970 said:

RIP Treyew Road, Killed by pure greed what goes around comes around Postie boy.Goodbye.

Three unhappy people from st austell area been going to truro for last 3 years enjoyed the football most of the time and kept the food wagon going on ?? also meet a good group of truro supporters / sorry to say wont beable to make many home /away games at torquay as work most saturday mornings and coach leaves to early / the other two unhappy people are my wife & daughter they used to go in truro shopping spending my money now got to put up with me now on a saturday afternoon / hope truro fc do well this season /and the new stadium gets a move on so football comes back to truro soon

Me and James will miss our Saturdays with you Gaz, & Mick & Keith, hopefully catch up sometime over the season, maybe a bank holiday game? get your ladies along, the coach and 3 x cheesy chips will probably be cheaper than their weekly spending spree down town!

I'm optimistic about the new squad, we’ve re-built before and the players won’t be so tired from their long drive down from Devon?

All the best and hope to see you sometime over the season,

“we’ll meet again, don’t know where don’t know when but I know we’ll meet again down Truro way”

10 hours ago, prazeyrunner said:

Me and James will miss our Saturdays with you Gaz, & Mick & Keith, hopefully catch up sometime over the season, maybe a bank holiday game? get your ladies along, the coach and 3 x cheesy chips will probably be cheaper than their weekly spending spree down town!

I'm optimistic about the new squad, we’ve re-built before and the players won’t be so tired from their long drive down from Devon?

All the best and hope to see you sometime over the season,

“we’ll meet again, don’t know where don’t know when but I know we’ll meet again down Truro way”

Hi m8 yeah would be good to get a game in sometime over the season like you say over a bank holiday /yeah going to miss the saturday afternoons with all of you /are you going to make many games ? /yes hope to see you all sometime in the coming season 

Despite all that has been written I have never been comfortable with the Stadium for Cornwall set up, I am of the impression that Truro City Football Club will always be on the outside looking in, that the consortium if the truth were known do not want us. I would like to see Truro City Football Club securing their own land and if needs must start again using the materials/assets from Treyew Road, reading the following two articles has done nothing to excite me about what the future has in store with the proposed arrangements, having said that whenever possible I shall make the 400 mile return trip to Plainmoor, I don't want our football club to die after all, my initial memory of being at Treyew Road was 1943 - 75 years ago, that's longer than my first Wembley experience that only goes back 65 years. - 

WHAT ARE THEY NOT TELLING US - PUBLISHED JUNE 2018. - - A stadium for Rugby also Truro and Penwith College - NO MENTION OF TRURO CITY FOOTBALL CLUB - 
No mention of Truro City Football Club's money
http://www.stadia-magazine.com/news.php?NewsID=79009

http://www.sportsmanagement.co.uk/…/Cornwall-Truro-s…/323388]

Have Truro City been shafted again? - TIME WILL TELL.

I may be cynical but with Truro City Football Club out of the way where do their supporters go? - Not that long ago the Pirates were reported as saying they wanted to come to Truro because that's where businesses and it's future sponsorship lay, they were not bothered about running roughshod over City's sponsorship potential, so grab what they can be it business cash or disillusioned Football Club supporters through the turnstiles  - I hope Mr Masters is wary of who the club may be getting into bed with.. Regrettably there could be trouble ahead. 

2 hours ago, MOUNTAINEER said:

Despite all that has been written I have never been comfortable with the Stadium for Cornwall set up, I am of the impression that Truro City Football Club will always be on the outside looking in, that the consortium if the truth were known do not want us. I would like to see Truro City Football Club securing their own land and if needs must start again using the materials/assets from Treyew Road, reading the following two articles has done nothing to excite me about what the future has in store with the proposed arrangements, having said that whenever possible I shall make the 400 mile return trip to Plainmoor, I don't want our football club to die after all, my initial memory of being at Treyew Road was 1943 - 75 years ago, that's longer than my first Wembley experience that only goes back 65 years. - 

WHAT ARE THEY NOT TELLING US - PUBLISHED JUNE 2018. - - A stadium for Rugby also Truro and Penwith College - NO MENTION OF TRURO CITY FOOTBALL CLUB - 
No mention of Truro City Football Club's money
http://www.stadia-magazine.com/news.php?NewsID=79009

http://www.sportsmanagement.co.uk/…/Cornwall-Truro-s…/323388]

Have Truro City been shafted again? - TIME WILL TELL.

I may be cynical but with Truro City Football Club out of the way where do their supporters go? - Not that long ago the Pirates were reported as saying they wanted to come to Truro because that's where businesses and it's future sponsorship lay, they were not bothered about running roughshod over City's sponsorship potential, so grab what they can be it business cash or disillusioned Football Club supporters through the turnstiles  - I hope Mr Masters is wary of who the club may be getting into bed with.. Regrettably there could be trouble ahead. 

Trouble,ahead.?????????????????????

Jeez,what do you call the last few years,following TCFC.

Nightmare,springs to mind.

One thing that puzzles me is why the owners/developers did not allow Truro City to play Billericay at Treyew Road on Saturday, firstly all the away fans that have booked advanced accommodation would not have lost there money and secondly it would have given supporters past and present a chance to pay there final respect to the old ground which holds so many good memories for so many of us. Its not as though the bulldozers are moving in on Monday morning or are they.

5 hours ago, Rayvon said:

One thing that puzzles me is why the owners/developers did not allow Truro City to play Billericay at Treyew Road on Saturday, firstly all the away fans that have booked advanced accommodation would not have lost there money and secondly it would have given supporters past and present a chance to pay there final respect to the old ground which holds so many good memories for so many of us. Its not as though the bulldozers are moving in on Monday morning or are they.

I've said it often enough, it was never about TCFC - only the land.

No sympathy for the club or its supporters, and only invited into S4C because of the £2 million.

If that was not there TCFC would have gone 5 years ago.

2 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

I've said it often enough, it was never about TCFC - only the land.

No sympathy for the club or its supporters, and only invited into S4C because of the £2 million.

If that was not there TCFC would have gone 5 years ago.

Thanks.

8 hours ago, Rayvon said:

Thanks.

My apologies Rayvon, I did not word that post very well at all. 

The no sympathy for the supporters or club was meant to read from the developer's, not from me. 

I have every sympathy for you peeps, and hope that TCFC continue for many years. 

But.... Still gonna have a few pops at yer. 

And move that heap of junk advertising a To B taxis from the lay-by in Penryn, I park there to walk my dogs around the Uni.

My apologies again for my poor English buddy. 

32 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

My apologies Rayvon, I did not word that post very well at all. 

The no sympathy for the supporters or club was meant to read from the developer's, not from me. 

I have every sympathy for you peeps, and hope that TCFC continue for many years. 

But.... Still gonna have a few pops at yer. 

And move that heap of junk advertising a To B taxis from the lay-by in Penryn, I park there to walk my dogs around the Uni.

My apologies again for my poor English buddy. 

Apology accepted Older, English and subtly obviously not one of your strong subjects at School lol. Is it ok if I replace that advertising heap of junk with a Ray2b one? :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/07/2018 at 15:56, Rayvon said:

It’s all history now but on the bus to the Billericay game I overheard someone state the league does not allow a team to play its home games at more than one ground in a season, well not unless your Spurs and can pay their FA millions. 

Teams at all levels, at least down to Step 7 NL pyramid, are supposed to inform an FA by March 31st of where they will be playing the following season. 

No doubt the Spurs ££ and the Fulham owner wanting to buy Wembley helped with the initial problem, but it is obviously more serious now. Hiding behind safety issues usually means the ground isn't yet ready.

• 1 month later...

Now Lidl's may have problems.

S4C could be in doubt,because TCFC may not have the money.Council may pull out if Goverment funding is not granted.

The bu££,is flying everywhere.

WHY.???????

Because Masters has made a big error,and his back is against the wall,so now we have all this.

I have just about give up.