Cornwall Football Forum

Mousehole Thirds Fold

Oh no they haven't....

They are behind you,  They have just moved up the road to Marazion.  The Trelawny League has been completely played. 

You could tell in the voices of the Marazion representatives at the AGM something was up, they were very nervous when asked questions about their association with Mousehole. 

Next thing that will happen is Mousehole will take over the Marazion committee, if I were Marazion I would check who has the deeds to the ground. 

Crazy. Haven't even started season yet. Money talks I guess. We at Frogpool reserves decided to start our season earlier then normal because of the weather ( normally wait till after our annual memorial match). Now lost Mousehole game and storm game might be in doubt! Hope they manage to get some players together.

As for marazionhole this kind of thing leaves a bitter taste in the mouth. People start resenting these kind of clubs/teams where they take over a whole team (carharrack at combo spring to mind) and leave everyone else in the shit. It's recreational football. What happened to just having a game and having a beer win lose or draw. Now it's about paying players/teams/managers to go through the league's. I'm glad I'm coming to end of my career as having played for 20 years I'm starting to hate the way the game is now....

It all makes complete sence to me being an outside for all of these clubs, i just enjoy good football, never have followed one team just the football.

You have a team playing at Marazion. whether it be Mousehole , Penzance or St Just. But now this old club has been brought back to life & they will be called Marazion from what ive heard. Get on with life & enjoy the game, stop moaning & looking for issues all the time. 

No wonder this forum nearely finished not so long ago.

Let praise Marazion for reforming & Mousehole for helping them to do so.

Everyone knows that Mousehole 3rds played a lot of games last season at Marazion,  Mousehole  having 3 teams and only 1 pitch at Trungle Park .

There are floodlights at Marazion erected ( not sure if they are working ? ) SO IT MADE SENSE for the PREMIER SIDE IN CORNWALL according to Mr Chapman to move his 3rd team over to Marazion in bulk and say we are helping out and re starting up Marazion Football Club , wont be long the 1st team will be playing evenings there under lights ?? , as no lights at Trungle and he couldnt do a deal at Penlee Park . 

why not be honest and be upfront with people and the League .

Dont get me wrong i was gutted that Marazion folded ,  as i did play for them about 25 years and had couple of great years there and im so glad football is being played again at Marazion as its a great club but do it the right way and let them be Marazion and not be RUN by the powers of MOUSEHOLE .

7 hours ago, zebedee said:

Just to advise you that Marazion no longer have floodlights or even poles in place as they were taken down before start of last season .

I have heard than plans are in place to erect lights at Trungle though .

So Mousehole have pinched the lights from Marazion...?? ? 

On 19/07/2018 at 10:50, Can't play without refs said:

Everyone knows that Mousehole 3rds played a lot of games last season at Marazion,  Mousehole  having 3 teams and only 1 pitch at Trungle Park .

There are floodlights at Marazion erected ( not sure if they are working ? ) SO IT MADE SENSE for the PREMIER SIDE IN CORNWALL according to Mr Chapman to move his 3rd team over to Marazion in bulk and say we are helping out and re starting up Marazion Football Club , wont be long the 1st team will be playing evenings there under lights ?? , as no lights at Trungle and he couldnt do a deal at Penlee Park . 

why not be honest and be upfront with people and the League .

Dont get me wrong i was gutted that Marazion folded ,  as i did play for them about 25 years and had couple of great years there and im so glad football is being played again at Marazion as its a great club but do it the right way and let them be Marazion and not be RUN by the powers of MOUSEHOLE .

The lights aren’t at Marazion any more. They haven’t been for a couple seasons, I only know this as I was refereeing there and where he lights used to be had massive bolts coming out of the ground and I raised this as a player safety issue