Cornwall Football Forum

Gwinear v Stithians friendly

Gwinear 6-0 Stithians 
Our first pre season friendly of the season ended well for us. Dominated from start to finish. With so many new faces was never gunna gel from the first minute, but after we got going my boys started to play well and create a lot of chances; also playing quality football at times. 
Goals from Billy foster x2, gavin Russell, Marcus bawden and 2 own goals. If I’m honest the performance didn’t reflect the scoreline. We missed a lot of guilt edged chances which was frustrating but also positive since we were creating so many chances. 
When so many new faces join the squad it’s obviously going to be hard to make the team perfect but after 10/15 minutes I seen that with a few more games playing together I am certain I’ll have a quality squad that are more than capable of winning things with a few minor tweaks. Very excited for the new season. 
Overall I’m very impressed with the performance from the boys. Looking forward to the next friendly against higher opposition, illogan 2’s. 
Special thanks to John Richards for marking the pitch with such short notice, without him there would have been no game. 
Also thanks to Dave Bartlam and Stithians for the friendly. Very enjoyable first pre season. 
Man of the match Scott James.