Cornwall Football Forum

Referees and Andy Gray - B---S---

I have just recived the latest publication from the FA and RA, always a good read. However one article caught my attention and i thought i would share it with you.

It concerns the rugby world cup, referees and respect i qoute:

As well as players, managers and administrators, the media have a role to play. Can there have been anything more hypocritical than Andy Gray appearing on TV to commend rugby for the respect it gives its referees and demand that football does the same? Here is a man who has done more to undermine match officials in the PL than any other pundit, with the possible exception of Alan Green and Alan Parry. If Andy Gray spent more time explaining how difficult it is to referee and showed the same level of sympathy and understanding we saw and heard from the rugby media during the rugby World Cup then football would have a greater chance of putting itself in order.

Need i say anymore other than i have read Grays book, words fail me.

What do you expect all the pundits and media are full of sh*t id love to hear them do commentary on a local game to hear them big up miscrossed balls that fly in the net and the rest of spliced shots that turn out to be world clas crosses all they do is big things up for the benefit of the tv viewers hence why andy gray along with alen hansen are huge hipocrites that talk nothing but sh*t rant over have a good new year ref :clapper:

Perhaps i am reading the post incorrectly, But if spurs were awarded a penalty and there was encroachment by a spurs player, if a goal was scored then the player who encroached should be cautioned and the kick retaken. If the kick is saved then that is allowed to stand although you would still caution the encroaching player. I hope that makes sense. But as I said I may have read the post incorrectly.

JUST ONE NOTE TO ADD, MR GRAY & MR HANSEN HAVE PROVEN BEYOND ANY DOUBT THAT THEY HAVE NOT HAD ANY SUCCESS WITH TEAM MANAGEMENT OR ANY EXPERIENCE WHATSOEVER IN REFEREEING.

I RESPECT THAT THEY HAVE OBVIOUSLY HAD A LOT OF EXPERIENCE OF WORLD CLASS FOOTBALL WITH OUR BROTHERS NORTH OF THE BORDER BUT THEY ARE NOT QUALIFIED TO EVEN HAVE A RESPECTFUL OPINION ON REFEREES.

With all the different interpretation of the laws of the game, even players and spectators that have been around for years are unsure! Boxing day I watched a game where the club linesman was a yard on the pitch, a defender attempted to kick the ball out for a throw, but it struck the linesman and stayed in-play. The linesman gave a throw-in . A member of the attacking club critisised the linesman and was given aload of abuse from the opposite teams spectators. Not one of the spectators knew that if the ball had,nt gone out of play the linesman should not have given the throw. ( The referee was a fair distance away from the incident and would not have known if the ball actually left the field of play or not so had no choice but to accept the linesmans decision)

You can all go on about Gray Parry Hanson or Green, what Andy Gray does is point the inefficent refereeing, and all you referees on here can have your say.

What would help all players and managers from all levels is if the referees had the bollocks to say they are wrong. The trouble is 90% are referees havent played the game and havent got a clue about interpretation.

Some of the decisions this last month on Penalty's and the two footed tackle proves they don't know what they are doing. I don't blame the referees i blame the Instructors and advisors of the game in this country.

Referees have got there favourite teams and players and teams they don't like FACT.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL REFEREES (EXCEPT TIM "ADOLF" HYSLOP) a prime example of someone who hasn't got a clue, but gets paid to write articles in the local rag.

Hi Dermot hope you had a good christmas.

Hi Johnnie in answer to yor post.

1-You have to admit that Gray is a bit of an anti ref and he does tend to state the bleedin obvious when discussing other matters about games.

2- I dont agree with your 90% more than that played before they took up the flag.

3- Instructors and advisors do just that - teach - its up to the ref how he interprates that teaching.

4 - Yes i agree my favourite team is Chelsea.

5 - Happy new year to you and poor Mr Hyslop whoever he is.

Chill, its 2008 - new year - new outlook. B)B)B):D:D :D

Guest Dermot

Happy New Year to you Johnnie and all the gang at Roche FC hope you had a good one.

I Reffed my first game for 6 weeks last weekend,after tearing my calf muscle down at Hayle,and was suprised at how many players were saying "thats a 2 footed tackle Ref he should go for that! or "High tackle is a red card Ref! The thing is (speaking as an ex player in Senior football for over 20 years) the ball is there to be won and there is always going to be contact of some sort,its the cynical side of the tackles that needs stamping out and as Johnnie Bates points out,someone that hasnt played much football must look at a tackle from the players point of view,we are now playing on muddy,slippy pitches and slide tackles are going in left,right and centre,so a bit of sense needs to be applied and lets not get to carried away with whats on TV and try and enjoy the game at our level,the Ref gets one look at the challenge and a few seconds to give his verdict so give us Refs a chance guys eh? ;0) :drink: