Cornwall Football Forum

Representative Match 30/12

West Cornwall Sunday League

Division One 2 Division Two 4 h/t 1-2

Great performance by the Division two team to overcome their Division One opponents at Crowntown today.Good solid performance in defence by Gloweth's Deano and MPad's Mike Cudlipp didn't allow the Div. 1 team too many openings.Three goals by Gloweth's Chris Jones and one by Star Inn's Jamie Mooney were decisive.

Division One team changed in the home(Crowntown) changing room.Was this a bad omen?

Well done to everybody who supported todays game ........pity about the 4 clubs who did not send any players ....perhaps the Sunday league and the enormous support from Nalders is of no importance to them .

Anyway they missed a good day out .... :thumbsup::thumbsup: ..and the masses of food put on at the Crowntown Inn and of course the other highlight Billy and his singer in concert !!!! :yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo

Well done to Scott the Div 2 manager and his quote " The greatest win of my life " which summed up the good spirit of the game .

Porky has now found his other nut :lol::lol: :lol:

A very enjoyable game I have to say, I was a little disappointed that not all the division one sides had representatives from there teams bearing in mind that there is a lot of hard work from others who run the league which enables them to play Sunday football in the first place (Its not a lot to ask is it).

Well done to Scott and his division 2 side who were the better team on the day but well done to all who played in both teams for a great display of football.

Two of the funniest moments for me where when the ref was hit in the (You know what) and was out of action for around 5 minutes and the second has to be the simple save that the division one keeper let roll straight under his body, (Some confusion as to which Sunday side he played for though as I was under the impression he has quit Sunday football)?.

The other point I would like to make is that I saw a couple of people from Nalders turn up and leave before the first whistle, Not sure what that was all about but it would have been nice for them to see exactly what they were sponsoring.

Well done to David James and everyone else involved in the running of the Sunday league for all the hard work they have put in to enable us to have this game in the first place, Also a big thanks to the Crowntown inn for the food that was laid on after (1st class).

Well done and many thanks to the officials who all played there part and both Managers and teams for turning up and making it an enjoyable but cold Sunday morning.

All in all a great success I believe and well done to everyone involved. :clapper:

Guy ..just to clear the Nalders disappearing act ...........

Wayne had to catch a plane at lunchtime to rejoin his family overseas , otherwise he would have stayed for the game and made the presentations at the final whistle .

Seems he had flown home especially to do the presentation to Harry Ball .... thats how much he values his Company being present at our events !!!

Just puts it into perspective the attitude from clubs who did not want to send any players !!!!

........and the other man was their photographer ....who had another job to cover.

WELL DONE WAYNE :clapper::clapper::clapper:

and a well deserved award to Harry Ball ........who was seen taking the nets down while the trophies were being handed out at the end !!! :D :D

Guy ..just to clear the Nalders disappearing act ...........

Wayne had to catch a plane at lunchtime to rejoin his family overseas , otherwise he would have stayed for the game and made the presentations at the final whistle .

Seems he had flown home especially to do the presentation to Harry Ball .... thats how much he values his Company being present at our events !!!

Just puts it into perspective the attitude from clubs who did not want to send any players !!!!

........and the other man was their photographer ....who had another job to cover.

WELL DONE WAYNE :clapper::clapper::clapper:

and a well deserved award to Harry Ball ........who was seen taking the nets down while the trophies were being handed out at the end !!! :D:D

Thanks for clearing that up but as no one knew this i just thought i would say something, Put in my place there then :D .

I would have stayed longer at the pub but i had to catch a plane back to truro :D (Just kidding).

Well done to all for a good day and a good match. :clapper:

Congrats to division two team what were the teams that didn't send any players?

Deano, Thats quality fella :D

I think the teams that did not send any of there players were Threemilestone, Regent, Tremough & im not to sure about the 4th i thought it was Camborne park but dont quote me on that.

Didnt you get asked Deano, I thought you and a few of the Threemilestone lads would have been there.

You could count Geachy from threemilestone i guess but i heard he was at Falmouth Albion now but not 100% sure on that one.

Still a good game though :thumbsup:

Great game and a great advert for local Sunday football.

The match was played in the right spirit by two teams of lads who just wanted to enjoy a game of football.

Fair to say the Div 2 team edged it but credit to the Div 1 side who pressed us all the way.

Much appreciation to Nalders, the league, the officials, Crowntown FC and the pub for supplying the food.

Hopefully the game can become an annual fixture and give the Div 1 guys a chance for revenge!

Well done Scott for managing the winning Div 2 side.

I think Pidgeon or Zebedee can probably supply the team line-ups. And hopefully details of where we can get photo prints from. Cheers all.

I thought that the centre back for the Div One side was from Camborne Park,the one that headed in their first goal? Or does he play for another team?

The food laid at the Crown Inn was excellent and there was plenty for everyone.

Like i said Nigel dont quote me on that one, I must admit i thought i saw the Cambourne park manager there but i dont know any of there players so was not sure, Not only that i thought i heard someone say they had not put any players in.

David james said in an earlier post 4 teams so who were they.

I agree Mike c a very good advert for the Sunday league, As i said earlier well done to all involved.

haha very good guy but when this match was first spoke of i did contact my manager several times as i was gagging to play he said he would get bk to me then he never said anything and told by two other players they were playing so i just took that as that if i knew they didnt turn up i wudnt of gone straight over

Guest geachy1

tes im back at albion ,it was good fun yestaday i enjoyed evan tho i didnt play too gud.

threemilestone players were ment to play ryan stevans terry spargo were ment to be there ian jay also but he told me he was ill.

i fort div 2 team really played well u could tell they wanted it.pidge played well in goal made sum gud saves .

:clapper: A BIG THANK YOU. TO EVERYONE WHO TURNED OUT FOR DIV (1) REPRESENTITIVES. GAVE THERE BEST ON THE DAY. :clapper: TO THE DIV (2) LADS WHO WIN ON MERIT. WE WOULD LIKE TO

SEE THIS BECOME AN ANNUAL FIXETURE. AND HOPEFULY OUR LADS CAN HAVE REVENGE..........

IT WAS A JOLLY GOOD DAY OUT. PLAYED AND REFED. IN GOOD SPIRIT. THE SPREAD WAS THE BEST THAT IVE SEEN ANYWHERE ALL SEASON. :clapper::thumbsup: SO A BIG WELL DONE TO ALL CONNECTION THAT MADE THIS POSSIBLE. :thumbsup: