Cornwall Football Forum

why have a toolstation league forum

Guest cornish pasty

Guest cornish pasty

truro have a very good web site on which a lot of the topics even messages are duplicated by the same posters.

there are very few posts about other teams in the league throughout the season.

so why cant people just post on the truro forum.

Sorry, but "could have worded it better" isn't acceptable. Let's face it what you wrote was wrong and not at all true. At no time did Truro have any say in how this Forum is designed.

And with regard to the Ladies sub-section, sorry but at this moment in time, there are no plans to add one.

Where do you go at present on the internet for finding out the latest about the Ladies game in Cornwall?

At the moment if i want to find out any ladies results i text friends and see if/what ones i can from them. I don't know of any sites where i could find out all the results for the ladies games in Cornwall. If you do be great if you could let me know, save me loads on texts :D

Whatever the rights and wrongs of Anita's original posting,it must be totally wrong also to dismiss out-of- Hand a dedicated thread for Ladies Footie.

Hopefully next Season,when Truro are accepted as being Pro.there will be no need to feature the Western League at all and Truro will get mixed in under General Football

Why, next season we can change the title of Western League to Southern League!

Just because they are going professional doesn't mean they aren't a club based in Cornwall.

It's quite simple, if you don't want to read about Truro, just avoid reading the Western League section.

On the subject of Ladies football, I was under the impression it was very popular. The fastest growing in sport. If this is so why haven't they got a website dedicated to it.

There's nothing surely stopping you Anita covering it off in the Main forum section.

I find it strange that the 'Lady' gets upset here and on the Truro City forums about the meagre coverage of women's football, surely if the ladies are that interested they wouldn't leave the publicity etc to the MALE species.

There is nothing to stop ladies football being mentioned on these threads except lack of input from those involved in the women's game. They take no nonsense from a man at home, why expect the man to involve himself with them outside the safety of the homestead.

Come on girls, get organised. :P

I think the Western League forum was set up not only for Truro City but for any Cornish team that wins promotion to that league from the Peninsula League. This seems to be at odds with Dave Deacon’s comment that the Western League site could be changed to the Southern League.

As far as women’s football is concerned the best site to visit is at http://beehive.thisiscornwall.co.uk/defaul...ome&ID=1001 although this is mainly confined to the Cornwall Woman’s League. There is no Forum but plenty of information. Penzance Ladies have an excellent site but Newquay are in transition before becoming Truro Cit next season so little info on their site. I can see where Anita is coming from as she would like to see the results, views etc on this site. I can only assume that the main Discussion board should be used for this purpose.

I should of course have written that should a Cornish side take promotion into the Western League, then that Forum board will stay and if Truro also get promoted, a new one would be added for the Southern League.

I should of course have written that should a Cornish side take promotion into the Western League, then that Forum board will stay and if Truro also get promoted, a new one would be added for the Southern League.

The football mitoo site also provides up to date fixtures and results and tables on the Ladies Football in Cornwall. The section is well updated with cup games and leading goal scorers - what is missing is a discussion forum - it would be great if one could be provided - it would be really great if it could be on here with all the other Cornish Soccer Leagues/Teams. I am sure there are reasons why this is not possible at the moment but I would hope that maybe in the future it might be considered? Those who created and manage this site have done and continue to do a great job - maybe it there was ever room or opportunity you could make a joint Ladies and Veterans section? Anything that promotes or encourages football for everyone has to be good so perhaps it might be considered in the future. Well done to all administrators etc for the great efforts you put in!