Cornwall Football Forum

Parkway Squad Announcement quashes rumours

I see your point . We will have 3 strikers : Yetton a seasoned veteran , Carter a proven goal scorer at a lower level. We also have Smith who can play up front or I would like to see him on the wing. I have not seen any defender yet who is able to put him in their pocket when he plays on the wing.   There , problem solved ....................  ( if only it was that easy lol ) . 

2 hours ago, THE BALD ONE said:

New keeper ( possibly cover ) not sure of his name . Other than Yetton and Rossenquest no new additions.

To be honest  , they looked very much out of sorts. Ball control and passing was not to their usual standard. 

The players were very aware that they were not playing well and the young guns of Tavi rattled them on many occasions.

Must remember this is a cobweb blowing out exercise and not a must win situation.   No need to panic ................. yet lol.

rarely disagree with you bald one - but I thought some of the 30yrd passes from Ben Joyce and Shane Krac really opened up the opposition. True all were not on top of it all the time, but looks good for the forthcoming season.

I thought Parkway played good quality football last night but were just lacking someone up front to hold the ball up, at least until Yetton came on. Mike Smith is much more effective on the wing. Carter would be a great signing. Guaranteed goals. Interesting to hear Yetton on the podcast. He’s always treated long away trips as a day out with his mates. Maybe some of Parkway’s players won’t take to the travelling but there are also plenty of players that are comfortable with it, and will do the travelling to play at a higher level. Good to see that Tavi are aiming for promotion as well!