Cornwall Football Forum

Parkway Squad Announcement quashes rumours

7 hours ago, gingerninja said:

'quashes rumours'. What rumours? I'll be honest was expecting more changes to the squad. There's a fair few positions that needed strengthening and haven't been done. Will be interesting to see how this season pans out! 

Not unless the lads are given a chance to prove they are capable of playing at this level 

From past experience, squad announcements are only the start of it. Things tend to shake out as pre-season goes on, then into the start of the season as players don't get the game time they expected/were promised, or the signings for the rest of the squad don't materialise. Used to love the supplement that the Indy  produced at the start of each season (would be good to see it back, hint), it was entertaining to spot the players appearing in multiple team groups.

57 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

From past experience, squad announcements are only the start of it. Things tend to shake out as pre-season goes on, then into the start of the season as players don't get the game time they expected/were promised, or the signings for the rest of the squad don't materialise. Used to love the supplement that the Indy  produced at the start of each season (would be good to see it back, hint), it was entertaining to spot the players appearing in multiple team groups.

Can't remember who it was but I think someone was in three different photos : )

I would say that parkway squad will easily  challenge for the tile in the western league , it just a big ask to keep everyone happy  traveling  up and down that motorway  midweek and weekends will get bit boring after while . especially  when teams like tavistock , Bodmin etc will chuck the same money at you for playing on your doorstep .

I will be hoping parkway do well and will get up to see them as often as i can  

There will always be players who don’t want to travel and others who will want to play at the best level they can. At least a Plymouth based player will have less travelling for home games and training than if they joined Bodmin. More of the squad have stayed than many predicted, but if any leave I’m sure others will jump at the chance to take their place. That squad should do well next season 

7 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

I would say that parkway squad will easily  challenge for the tile in the western league , it just a big ask to keep everyone happy  traveling  up and down that motorway  midweek and weekends will get bit boring after while . especially  when teams like tavistock , Bodmin etc will chuck the same money at you for playing on your doorstep .

Parkway need to be ambitious yet realistic.  Buckland are a good yardstick in that it has taken them a few seasons, a few managers and a bit of a turn over of players to get to the point where they are now title and promotion contenders.

I have seen the quality of football and players in the league above and I honestly think Parkway will win the league without too much trouble. I firmly believe that the Southwest Premier League standard is actually higher than western league but it remains to be seen. One other point I would make is that the quality of some of the grounds in the league above that I’ve seen are nothing special to be honest. I would like to wish Parkway all the very best for next season and I hope to catch as many games as possible

21 hours ago, frank de bouff said:

Parkway should rinse that league no question. How often do SWPL teams tuck Toolstation teams away in the FA Vase? Should be another promotion on the cards.

Definitely do not want Parkway's  confidence to turn to arrogance, remember that Parkway lost at home in the FA Vase ( in my opinion, one or two comments from players and management about Wembley and winning the competition were a bit ill judged) and FA Cup to step 5 opposition last season. 

On 02/07/2018 at 13:31, sportsman10 said:

On 14/07/2018 at 23:13, hedgerow said:

Buckland would have probably gone up if it was not for the back log of fixtures due to the bad weather. Like a lot of clubs they had to play a lot of games in a short period of time 

You're probably right about Buckland going up if the fixture list hadn't piled up so badly,it has taken them a few seasons to adjust to the league. Would be interesting to hear from Buckland fans about how the step up went.

Would not be surprised to see one or two Parkway players move on once the season is a month or two in. The reality of leaving at 10am on Saturday morning for a trip up the M5, followed by getting home after 9pm that evening, may be something they don't fancy. Especially if Peninsula League clubs show an interest.

4 hours ago, Way Of The Park said:

You're probably right about Buckland going up if the fixture list hadn't piled up so badly,it has taken them a few seasons to adjust to the league. Would be interesting to hear from Buckland fans about how the step up went.

Would not be surprised to see one or two Parkway players move on once the season is a month or two in. The reality of leaving at 10am on Saturday morning for a trip up the M5, followed by getting home after 9pm that evening, may be something they don't fancy. Especially if Peninsula League clubs show an interest.

Exactly that hobbsy has already decided he doesn't want to and is going to sign for bodmin 

1 hour ago, mockey jackson said:

Exactly that hobbsy has already decided he doesn't want to and is going to sign for bodmin 

thought he was on the bench the last few friendly  games ?    i did say the travelling will be the issue . but some like yetton and maybe krac are use to it so will be happy to have a game on their doorstep every other saturday

Shane krac has off field issues i see  and with glyn future up in the air, that 2 of parkway most experienced players unsure of what happening before the season kicks off 

i would blow the budget and try and get levi landricombe to drop down  to sign ,he  has ties to the club anyway  ,  and he get the club close to promotion 

14 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Why would Levi want to come back? He is banging in the goals at Tivvy and has become a folk hero up there. 

parkway on his doorstep and chance to get his local team as high up the league structure as they ever been . who knows he might fancy it for right offer  . parkway seem ambitious

Levi won't drop down, the level he's playing at, and the goals he's scoring, show he's well above Parkway's level. Dropping back down would be a massive backwards step, same with Rocky Neale. I think we have to look at possibly dipping into the SWPL, or looking at a few Plymouth based lads already playing at the Western level. I'm intrigued to see who does end up signing 

Hearing rumours that Glyn Hobbs has signed for Tavistock, with Adam Carter going in the opposite direction. Feels like same old faces at Bolitho, should be out there looking for the next Rocky or Levi. What about Jordan Annear, or even Johnny Lorenz at Liskeard. They could be brought on under Stewart Yetton's tutelage.

Carter has a good proven scoring record and since I have been following Parkway has signed for them about 4 times . He holds the ball up well and does know where the back of the net is .  I would have liked to see a new face up front though from perhaps a higher league / level .

Still , lets see how it goes .  I did like Yettons positive attitude when he came on as sub part way through the second half last night.

Interesting times ahead.............

Cmon Parkway.

12 minutes ago, THE BALD ONE said:

Carter has a good proven scoring record and since I have been following Parkway has signed for them about 4 times . He holds the ball up well and does know where the back of the net is .  I would have liked to see a new face up front though from perhaps a higher league / level .

Still , lets see how it goes .  I did like Yettons positive attitude when he came on as sub part way through the second half last night.

Interesting times ahead.............

Cmon Parkway.

how did parkway look last night ? any new faces ? 

New keeper ( possibly cover ) not sure of his name . Other than Yetton and Rossenquest no new additions.

To be honest  , they looked very much out of sorts. Ball control and passing was not to their usual standard. 

The players were very aware that they were not playing well and the young guns of Tavi rattled them on many occasions.

Must remember this is a cobweb blowing out exercise and not a must win situation.   No need to panic ................. yet lol.

9 minutes ago, THE BALD ONE said:

New keeper ( possibly cover ) not sure of his name . Other than Yetton and Rossenquest no new additions.

To be honest  , they looked very much out of sorts. Ball control and passing was not to their usual standard. 

The players were very aware that they were not playing well and the young guns of Tavi rattled them on many occasions.

Must remember this is a cobweb blowing out exercise and not a must win situation.   No need to panic ................. yet lol.

yes i missed the game as i was away but i think tavi had lot young players playing , parkway have a lot of big names to keep happy now sure none of them will want to be on that bench 

25 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

yes i missed the game as i was away but i think tavi had lot young players playing , parkway have a lot of big names to keep happy now sure none of them will want to be on that bench 

Parkway don't have many new players, therefore to claim they have a lot of big names to keep happy now is silly. It's pretty much the same squad that ended last season. They all resigned so surely they're happy? 

12 minutes ago, THE BALD ONE said:

The current squad is most of the same squad that finished last season.  Not sure who you mean by the big names ?   Would you like to clarify please .

i meant as in yetton signing and now possibly  carter who going to be warming the bench ?