SWPL DIV 1 WEST

Camelford 0-3 Newquay

Dobwalls 1-2 Porthleven

Goonhavern 2-0 Vospers Oak Villa

Penryn Athletic 3-0 St Austell

Penzance 0-2 Foxhole Stars

Guest Black&White

Penzance 0, Foxhole Stars 2

Yet another painful afternoon of punishment for the long suffering Penlee Park faithful, who were subjected to one of the most diabolical performances from a Penzance team in a long, long time.

Those home fans who had not already headed to the warmth of the bar had to wait until injury time at the end of the game to see their side record a single shot on target, it was that bad.

For the record, goals from Steve Panter, on the stroke of half-time - and Jason Warne's free-kick, 16 minutes from the end gave the visitors a well deserved three points.

Penzance: C Nicholls; J Greet, J Devine, D Holsey, L Devine, S Burt, S Reynolds, N Pugliese ©, P Cox, S Hancock, L Bennett. Subs: D Stidwell (for J Devine, 61), J Street (not used).

Foxhole: R Holland; C Morris, R Fairclough, M Rowe ©, M Giles, J Warne, J Dillon, A Bromley, S Panter, C Rickard, R Griffin. Subs: A Holland (for Rickard, 82), L Nicholls (for Panter, 82), K Friendship (for Giles, 88).

Referee: Ben Lugg (Cury).

Just been to see the Bodmin - Falmouth game and although on balance of play the result seemed fair I feel that the game was ruined by one particularly hasty peice of refereeing by I think Mr Steve Paul.

I wouldn't want to be a referee and best of luck to anyone who wants to do it but....

About half way through the 1st half there was from my view a nasty little challenge from Danny Bance of Bodmin and the ref quite rightly booked him (My view: Instant red card if it was in the Premiership but so be it.) The ref is obviously worried that the game was about to boil over so the next stiff challenge, this one from promising new Falmouth Town midfielder Dominic Rivens, was instantly rewarded with another Yellow. (My view: It wasn't even a free kick but I am biased.) The game continues as a fine spectacle to half-time. A few minutes in to the 2nd half Rivens leaves a Bodmin player in a heap on the sidelines. In true Arsene Wenger fashion I missed the incident but am reliably informed it was a bookable offence. 2nd yellow on top of the joke decision in the 1st half and Rivens walks. Game over as a spectacle. Ex. Falmouth player Andy Morris reads the script, comes off the bench for his 1st game at this level for a fair while (Pidge help me out here as to how long) and steals in at the far post for an excellent volleyed equaliser. Town then try to play for a draw and finally game over.

My point being that a hasty yellow for an innocuous challenge by Rivens in the 1st half; the same punishment as for the infinitely worse Bance effort; then brings a sending off for one challenge from Rivens in the 2nd half and the remainder of the game is a shadow of its former self.

Anyway. Winge over. Two great sides and some excellent football played (At least in the 1st half) and we saw an ex-premiership goalkeeper in Falmouth boy Kevin Miller and in my opinion the 3 best strikers in the league in Lee Langmead of Falmouth and Steve Ovens and Danny O'Hagan for Bodmin. Unless anyone else can name any better........

UP THE TOWN!!! (Falmouth)