Cornwall Football Forum

cody-cooke.jpg
21 June 2018

St Mirren sign Cody Cooke

SMFC Webteam
Saints News

St Mirren is delighted to announce that Cody Cooke has joined the club from Truro City.

The 25 year-old striker has signed a two-year deal with Alan Stubbs' side and follows fellow V9 Academy player Josh Heaton in joining the Buddies.

Speaking to stmirren.com, Cooke said: "I'm over the moon. It's a huge opportunity and football is all about opportunities - I want to grab this one with both hands.

"I'm delighted to be here. To get a call from Alan was something that I was just delighted about. I feel ready for the test and it should be an exciting one."

Alan Stubbs said: "Cody I know from the V9 and he did well there. He has a real good work ethic about him, had a good season last season.

"I'm excited. It's a great opportunity for him and we'll help him to succeed here as much as we possibly can."

• Save

EX Penryn Athletic

and Falmouth Town LOL --Played one Scored One- October 2012 Cullompton R. 1-Falmouth Town 2

Thats for sure to be honest Paul. Got to know quite a few people at that level through the bro in law over the last 15 years or so and some of Cornwalls finest could play at that level no problem. Its fairly decent money as well, most League 1 and League 2 clubs pay £200 - £300 a week and even the Highland and Lowland leagues will pay £200 for a top player at that standard. Know there was an ex league striker at East Kilbride getting £400 a week last season but they still just missed out on promotion for the second season in a row!! Chuck that money together with a job and its a decent wage. Bit fresh up there between November and February playing or watching footy so take your skins and tights with you!!