Cornwall Football Forum

Evely Cup Final Result

Lakeside 1 - 2 St.Day 

Very entertaining game with Lakeside starting strong and going a goal up in the first couple minutes. It took St.Day around 15 minutes to get going and they started to create so chances with Lakeside trying to catch them out on the break. St.Day went 2-1 up before the break and in the second half should have been out of sight if it wasn't very the very outstanding Lakeside keeper. St.Day nearly paid for their missed chance's when Lakeside thought they had equilized in the last 10min but it was ruled out for offside. All in all a very entertaining game with the best side on the day just edging it.

The lads were absolutely fantastic yesterday, putting in a real team performance, especially after recovering from an early goal, and really should have scored a few more goals. Gavin Boon & Dan Richards scored for us, and I believe it was Garside who scored for Lakeside. But not sure of the first name, as they have two Garside's signed on. 

Again, a special mention to their keeper, who was absolutely outstanding, making close to a dozen unbelievable saves, keeping them in the match. 

Agree with top write up 100%. Decisions didn’t go our way on the day and a controversial offside (player blocking keepers view) disallowing a goal which seemed fine was disappointing as we wanted to force extra time.

Take nothing away from St Day a tough battle between the two teams and they were worthy winners. Our keeper Tom Ranford kept us in game after half time, couple of superb stops including a double save which got applause from both teams and all supporters. Our goalscorer was Gino Garside. The facilities at Blazey are superb however if being honest the grass was well overdue a cut and I think this didn’t benefit both teams.

All the best to St Day look a really organised and well structured club, look like they are going places.

Two very good and sporting teams(a credit to both their Leagues).Yes it was a tough call for the late disallowed Lakeside "goal" particularly as both teams were back

ready for the re-start.That said I thought St.Day were slightly the better side-and I have to agree with Vidal at the presentation stating this was one of the best Eveley

Cup Finals for a long time.Many of the spectators couldn't believe Lakeside were only in the ECPL Division 1.

On 29/05/2018 at 12:45, BGargett said:

Agree with top write up 100%. Decisions didn’t go our way on the day and a controversial offside (player blocking keepers view) disallowing a goal which seemed fine was disappointing as we wanted to force extra time.

Take nothing away from St Day a tough battle between the two teams and they were worthy winners. Our keeper Tom Ranford kept us in game after half time, couple of superb stops including a double save which got applause from both teams and all supporters. Our goalscorer was Gino Garside. The facilities at Blazey are superb however if being honest the grass was well overdue a cut and I think this didn’t benefit both teams.

All the best to St Day look a really organised and well structured club, look like they are going places.

i played down there this season and couldnt see my boot it was that long in parts of the pitch. looks ansome when its cut!

sounded like a great game with some stand out performances