Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Combination League Results - Thursday 17th May 2018

Results for
Thursday 17th May 2018 
Falmouth Town Reserves (Ben Kellow, Dan Richardson) 2-1 Penryn Athletic (Ryan Reeve) 
Att- ???-
Hayle (???) 3-2 Holman SC (Adam Selley, Dan Jewell) 
Att- ???
Helston Athletic Reserves 0-2 Pendeen Rovers (Alex Ralph, Henrie Cozens)
Att- ???
Redruth United (???) 1-3 St Day (Gavin Boon 2, Dan Richards) 
Att- ???
RNAS Culdrose (???) 1-3 Carharrack (???)
Att- ???
St Agnes (Jakob Springall) 1-4 Porthleven Reserves (Jason Robertson 3, George Molcher) 
Att- 20
West Cornwall 0-4 Perranwell (Matthew Lane, Will Snapes, Luke Brabyn, Scott Harris)
Att- 15

44 minutes ago, erby ruin said:

holmans 2 hayle 3

Very well reffed by Mark Hosking

I do have a question if anyone can help us is there a new rule when two players from the same team tackle each other in there box it’s a penalty to the opposing side . It’s a new one on me ?

Holmans 2-3 Hayle ,  Holmans took the lead in the first half as they were really up for the game Hayle by comparison were slow and I thought we were still travelling up Roseworthy  dip  Holmans went in 1-0 at half time , second half Holmans went two up from a well taken header , and at that point were worthy to be in the lead ,  Danny Ford slotted a penalty after Cameron had to leave the field after a heavy challenge  and taking a blow to the head  from a flailing arm . Which made it 2-1  Liam Mooney and Matt Thomas added the others ,  a sending off for Holmans with one of two losing control but this could have been stopped earlier if some challenges had been penalised   

, players will take liberties if they can get away with it  , Holmans on the balance of play deserved a draw , but Hayle dug deep to get three points ,   good luck to Holmans for the future , what ever happens , there are some good players at the club and personally  i like the set up as they remind me of the way clubs were run from my playing days , on a lighter note Barbs won a game as captain , bet he won't want t to give the arm band back  ext season   .  As it is Hayles last game of the season  I would say well done to the squad  and to Patch and his background team   who has strung some good results In the second half of the season , hopefully they will stay together with a couple of additions  they could give a lot of teams a game of football . To all combo teams , players , volunteers , and officials well done to you all for getting games on this season with which must be one of the wettest winters on record , hope to see you all again next season  in one .capacity of another , good luck in the off season as this is when a lot of work is done to make sure there is football  next season .   P.s . The wife is a diamond it was her birthday  today , when I told her it clashed with our final game of the season she said go   , and even had a Chinese waiting for me got a good one there .    Cheers to you all Stevie b  

Went to watch Falmouth v Penryn tonight at Eve parc, ground looking pretty good, the game not so good.

Typical bumpy end of season pitch controlled the scrappy game, Falmouth with a few rynners/ringers in probably shaded the game with not a lot of chances to either team.

A big mistake at the end gifted the game to Falmouth in front of a healthy crowd 50+ I would guess.

10 hours ago, MARKSY said:

I do have a question if anyone can help us is there a new rule when two players from the same team tackle each other in there box it’s a penalty to the opposing side . It’s a new one on me ?

Embarrassing! ?

12 hours ago, MARKSY said:

It is a penal offence to commit a challenge on a team-mate which is deemed to be careless, reckless or with excessive force. It is in the Laws of The Game.

For example, If play was in the middle of the pitch and one of your centre backs punches or commits another offence on your other centre back in your penalty area, by law you would stop the game, administer a caution or red card depending on the action and the restart would indeed be a penalty kick (restart from where the offence took place). Anywhere else on the pitch, it’s a direct free kick.

I’ve never seen it done personally since I’ve been reffing but there was a time where I was playing and two team mates had a scrap during open play! Can’t remember the restart but they were both sent off.

It’s certainly a rare one! But, if the referee deemed whatever it was that happened worthy of penalising, he has no choice but to award a direct free kick or penalty kick. Dem are the laws!

It’s certainly a rare one

Sorry gents I think your all missing the point but it’s ok I will clear the matter up . When I told you what a well reffed game it was I was actually telling massive porkies & I know it’s hard to believe but actually taking the , it was shambolic at best although not to bad for 45 mins. The incident that happened was a challenge for the ball where our player took out his own player who were both attempting to clear the ball it was at this point that the above Ref gave a penalty unbeknown to any Hayle player who did not appeal obviously as they were not involved in it. He thought a Hayle player was fouled even though are Lino explained it was two Holmans players and around 60 people all seen the same Holmans players but not the Ref. Once again a decision he cleared up after by saying sorry for his mistake . Oh well it’s not like we needed a point or points ?. Adding to that , One of our players then made a reckless challenge that was a clear red and received a yellow . Excellent again. By now a very nice game had turned into a mockery where we conceded a third & Hayle rubbed it in to the point where it all kicked off & rightly so because they were aggrieved about the tackle as well .  Would this of happened with a better Ref NO . Does this happen with this Ref to often YES . I know Hayle weren’t happy with him Saturday but that’s nothing for me to comment on as I was not there .  Is this another ref bashing NO but where do you find common ground . We are talking about a Ref that has gone from the trelawney league to peninsula prem who continues to get things wrong very badly . Not interested in hearing about if it wasn’t for refs blah blah blah or don’t moan etc . I actually don’t dislike Mark but he needs guidance & no I haven’t been a Ref but too much is wrong with his game. Let the shit roll ?

Holmans 2 hayle 3 

well this was and interesting game to say the least and reffed in a shambolic fashion Holmans were the much better side for 60 minuets although hayle did have a few chances in the first half with matty Thomas missing one he would usually stick away and Craig Wilcox with a few half chances .

but it was Holmans who took the lead when the hayle got caught at the back and the winger shooting and the hayle goal keeper Danny ford parrying it onto Adam selleys path and the striker tapped it after that the game got scrappy with a few challenges warranting yellows and red loosing the game from then on with Danny ford receiving a yellow for a truthful comments to the ref and Adam Palmer picking up a yellow for a well timed challenge on the winger. 

1-0 half time and start of the second half Hayle looked a bit better then Cameron Irish was forced off after receiving an elbow from Shane Richards and Sam charlton came on shortly after that Holmans extended there lead with a powerful header from dan Jewell rattling in of the bar after Tom dann left his man with a free header ...this is when hayle took it up another gear and then receiving a penalty after a run from Zack Williams and two Holmans players collided looked soft ...With usual penalty taker Cameron Irish off Danny ford the hayle goal keeper went up to take the penalty and slotted it home past a helpless goalkeeper....after that Holmans looked depleted and tired hayle had most of the ball from then with Charlie Parker Liam Mooney and matty Thomas all going close again then the equliser came with 10 to go with matt Thomas putting a free kick in which looked like it grazed Adam palmers head 2-2 and it looked like hayles game to go and win another couple of yellows were dishes out and should of been reds  one was  Adam brown on Danny ford in goal he was late and high and after that Holmans had one more opportunity from dan Jewell great header on goal and an even more impressive safe from Danny ford in the hayle goal tipping it over .

then came the goal for hayle to win the game with Liam Mooney being put threw and blasting the ball home for hayle to win the game a fantastic finish in the 89th minuet and Liam celebrated in front of then holmans players and that’s when Shane Richards lost his head as normal and started swinging punches at Hayle players including a 16 year old Charlie Parker it was a embarrassment for Holmans in my opinion he was sent off and rightly so then tried chasing a hayle player ....after that he went face to face with Danny ford before leaving the pitch and looked like he was waiting for the Hayle players out side the changing rooms ...there was one more challenge on Craig Wilcox that deserved a red card before the ref finally ended the game and hopefully his last at any type of senior football in my opinion no drama would of happened if he controlled the game and the players from both teams wouldn’t of taken frustrations out on each other ....hayle stay 5th after being 17th 17 games ago after a brilliant second half of the season and will be up there to win that league next season ....Holmans relegates I believe so won’t Be playing on that’s shit pitch next year good luck to Holmans rest of the season be interesting to see the length off the ban for Shane Richards 

Hayle army ???

??Everyone has an opinion sm7 f. At least we are agreeable on the Ref which is my point . Shit pitch ?? Shane has a standard 3 game ban sorry to disappoint but you are correct he did lose it . But you are also correct that had we had a referee that controlled the game it would never of got to any of that.  Shit pitch ????

1 hour ago, MARKSY said:

??Everyone has an opinion sm7 f. At least we are agreeable on the Ref which is my point . Shit pitch ?? Shane has a standard 3 game ban sorry to disappoint but you are correct he did lose it . But you are also correct that had we had a referee that controlled the game it would never of got to any of that.  Shit pitch ????

Personally don't think it is a shit pitch , gets a bit wet in winter but after this winter rain I don't think any teams has a perfect one ,  . You can see that work has been done with advertising boards  on show and looked good with the grass cut  , a bit uneven in places but that is to be expected after the winter   , Hope the future is bright for Holmans they have some good people involved and even after the game most walked off the pitch talking to each other , including fans , which is better sporting behavior that some games I have been at this season , considering  that last night probably confirmed Holmans relegation   .

2 hours ago, MARKSY said:

Sorry gents I think your all missing the point but it’s ok I will clear the matter up . When I told you what a well reffed game it was I was actually telling massive porkies & I know it’s hard to believe but actually taking the , it was shambolic at best although not to bad for 45 mins. The incident that happened was a challenge for the ball where our player took out his own player who were both attempting to clear the ball it was at this point that the above Ref gave a penalty unbeknown to any Hayle player who did not appeal obviously as they were not involved in it. He thought a Hayle player was fouled even though are Lino explained it was two Holmans players and around 60 people all seen the same Holmans players but not the Ref. Once again a decision he cleared up after by saying sorry for his mistake . Oh well it’s not like we needed a point or points ?. Adding to that , One of our players then made a reckless challenge that was a clear red and received a yellow . Excellent again. By now a very nice game had turned into a mockery where we conceded a third & Hayle rubbed it in to the point where it all kicked off & rightly so because they were aggrieved about the tackle as well .  Would this of happened with a better Ref NO . Does this happen with this Ref to often YES . I know Hayle weren’t happy with him Saturday but that’s nothing for me to comment on as I was not there .  Is this another ref bashing NO but where do you find common ground . We are talking about a Ref that has gone from the trelawney league to peninsula prem who continues to get things wrong very badly . Not interested in hearing about if it wasn’t for refs blah blah blah or don’t moan etc . I actually don’t dislike Mark but he needs guidance & no I haven’t been a Ref but too much is wrong with his game. Let the shit roll ?

All irrelevant now. Youre going back down to junior football. Get over it!

4 hours ago, MARKSY said:

Fair one I thought violent conduct depended on refs report could be longer ....pitch isn’t the greatest not the worst in the league but not great ....and yeah the ref was really bad might of been different score if he controlled it better and Shane wouldn’t of been sent off cus he might not of lost it there could of been a few reds but I do hope Holmans bounce back they have a few good little players there and just stating a fact Hayle were awarded best pitch in tne county before st day at home the other week so hayles must ben near perfect ? best pitch by far and I hope that referee stays well clear of any senior games and gets looked at because it’s not the first game I’ve seen him completely up he didn’t have a clue ....Holmans battled well but hayles fitness and quality showed in the end story of Holmans season going ahead and bottling it again that’s the second time this season they lead Hayle 2-0 and lost 

2 hours ago, druth1966 said:

All irrelevant now. Youre going back down to junior football. Get over it!

Your not out the shit yeh gobby? I defo don't need to get over it if you don't play well you get relegated its that simple and as much as our young players haven't played well  we will return I'm sure next season bigger & better for it. 

1 hour ago, Roy D said:

Shane Richards is a top bloke. It's a sad day when people come on here & run people down but are too scared to say it under their own name. He got sent off, he will serve his ban & be back, get over it.

Is that not the case on here though Roy with all the ones who are really afraid of there own shadows they run there big mouths but are only big enough behind the keyboard or there phones.You are spot on & again Shane was frustrated no excuses towards him but as you said he will be back I'm sure for the occasional match like last night.

10 minutes ago, MARKSY said:

Your not out the shit yeh gobby? I defo don't need to get over it if you don't play well you get relegated its that simple and as much as our young players haven't played well  we will return I'm sure next season bigger & better for it. 

Calm down petal, youll do yourself an injury :) enjoy life in the junior leagues, im sure you wont lose any players!!!

1 minute ago, druth1966 said:

Calm down petal, youll do yourself an injury :) enjoy life in the junior leagues, im sure you wont lose any players!!!

??Calm thats me ok buddy you can rest assure i m very calm, Already been fishing does wonders for your soul or is it sole?Now you have a lovely weekend as i certainly will, ?

47 minutes ago, MARKSY said:

??Calm thats me ok buddy you can rest assure i m very calm, Already been fishing does wonders for your soul or is it sole?Now you have a lovely weekend as i certainly will, ?

Thats smashing, I love a calm person. No point in getting agitated on such a fine day. You have a lovely weekend to :)

20 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Went to watch Falmouth v Penryn tonight at Eve parc, ground looking pretty good, the game not so good.

Typical bumpy end of season pitch controlled the scrappy game, Falmouth with a few rynners/ringers in probably shaded the game with not a lot of chances to either team.

A big mistake at the end gifted the game to Falmouth in front of a healthy crowd 50+ I would guess.

Who are you going to watch next season Dave ? CAHARYN OR PENRACK ? ?

You can't try and justify growing punches in ANY sport, local sport especially! A 3 game ban just isn't enough I'm afraid the referee should be putting a report in to suit the crime. Is this on par with say a straight red for swearing at an official? Or last ditch tackle? NO! 

Although I must admit after reading what has happened with regards to the penalty, I'm still bemused as to how the referee can determine the home team players fouled each other? Surly it would be pretty much impossible to say that? And considering this decision and result has pretty much relegated Holmans I do have some sympathy for the club.

22 minutes ago, Sijames said:

You can't try and justify growing punches in ANY sport, local sport especially! A 3 game ban just isn't enough I'm afraid the referee should be putting a report in to suit the crime. Is this on par with say a straight red for swearing at an official? Or last ditch tackle? NO! 

Although I must admit after reading what has happened with regards to the penalty, I'm still bemused as to how the referee can determine the home team players fouled each other? Surly it would be pretty much impossible to say that? And considering this decision and result has pretty much relegated Holmans I do have some sympathy for the club.

Swearing would be the same 3 game ban but a last ditch tackle won’t even be a red inside the penalty area now anyway. And if outside and a red card it’s a 1 game ban.

Regarding the tackle, if it was careless, reckless or with excessive force it doesn’t matter who it ended up being committed on it would still be a penalty. Although I wasn’t there so cannot confirm for definite if it was this or not (I am only here to confirm the laws of the game)

Best Wishes

LOTG

Si James the Hayle result has defo not relegated us the only team who got us relegated is US all season appreciate the quote but we have not put enough on the table . We’ve played well in terms of football but have lacked the end product up top  & certainly lacked in the defensive department. We will return hopefully stronger and a great lesson for our young lads to learn. I think when you get beaten twice in one week 7-0 to come again is credit to the youngsters itself after all they could of stayed on the Play Station ?

Still going to be a good ending to the season, I can't see redruth picking up any points in their remaining two games. Which will leave RNAS CULDROSE needing just 3 points from their remaining 6 games which they'll do with ease. Although I am not expecting Holmans to do them any favours when they meet next week, but with a culdrose win will get the job done, should be a good game one I will be taking in!

i have heard Lizard have since either pulled out of promotion to the combination league or something with their facilities could be putting it in MAJOR doubt!! An interesting few weeks ahead for them, and the bottom two in the combination await to outcome!

On ‎19‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 10:03, MARKSY said:

Si James the Hayle result has defo not relegated us the only team who got us relegated is US all season appreciate the quote but we have not put enough on the table . We’ve played well in terms of football but have lacked the end product up top  & certainly lacked in the defensive department. We will return hopefully stronger and a great lesson for our young lads to learn. I think when you get beaten twice in one week 7-0 to come again is credit to the youngsters itself after all they could of stayed on the Play Station ?

Thought Holmans were a pretty decent team on Saturdays showing, played a nice bit of football but lacked slightly in a couple of important positions.

Sort that and up the table you go.

Enjoy your fishing Mr Marks, I go fishing as well....... get a good few bites most times.

9 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Thought Holmans were a pretty decent team on Saturdays showing, played a nice bit of football but lacked slightly in a couple of important positions.

Sort that and up the table you go.

Enjoy your fishing Mr Marks, I go fishing as well....... get a good few bites most times.

Don't risk to Sijames comments,  he's  a total .Should have his access  stopped.  Never has anything  positive  to say. Look forward to meeting  him in person @ some stage, oh no because  he's  a keyboard warrior and hides behind a pseudonym. ??

7 hours ago, Clubman said:

Don't risk to Sijames comments,  he's  a total . Should have his access  stopped.  Never has anything  positive  to say. Look forward to meeting  him in person @ some stage, oh no because  he's  a keyboard warrior and hides behind a pseudonym. ??

Regardless of what you think of me, I have never used such disgusting launguage! 

'Pseudonym'....'clubman'....stones and glass houses buddy! ??

Wow. Apologies for the lack of content my fellow cornish followers I have just returned from my sunny travels away with my better half just a few days ago. It sickens me to see cornish football lovers coming onto this extraordinary platform and belittling teams to a extent of what I have read above. Comments regarding the Hayle and Holmans game I can only comment as FARCICAL. Let me make clear I am not taking sides BUT holmans from what I can see have worked tirelessly behind the scenes to ensure a team goes out week in week out and I’m sure the hierarchy of the club will be very proud of every individual team member who has pulled the famous green shirt on this season. I have watched Mr Hosking a number of times this season within the Cornwall Combination League and I must say a very inconsistent performer is where I shall leave it.

My Deepest condolences extend to Holmans FC where I did enjoy some years back in the glory days.

It does however sadden me that ‘SM7F’ can condone bad sportsmanship from both teams but being extremely narrow minded and taking the perspective of being the ‘Victim’ in what I can only read as a 2 way affair. 

Cornish football is something we should all be able to enjoy on a Saturday afternoon and it is im afraid being turned into a platform where individualists feel the need to demoralise others around them.

I wish all teams the best of luck for the remainder of their games this season and I’m sure the next tasty local fixture would be Illogan v Holmans on Tuesday night?

21 minutes ago, Mr Loverman said:

Wow. Apologies for the lack of content my fellow cornish followers I have just returned from my sunny travels away with my better half just a few days ago. It sickens me to see cornish football lovers coming onto this extraordinary platform and belittling teams to a extent of what I have read above. Comments regarding the Hayle and Holmans game I can only comment as FARCICAL. Let me make clear I am not taking sides BUT holmans from what I can see have worked tirelessly behind the scenes to ensure a team goes out week in week out and I’m sure the hierarchy of the club will be very proud of every individual team member 

I wish all teams the best of luck for the remainder of their games this season and I’m sure the next tasty local fixture would be Illogan v Holmans on Tuesday night?

Very proud of all our lads young ( especially) & older ? shame your another keyboard warrior Mr Loverman you actually talk a lot of sense do you visit all the grounds or are you only at Holmans !!! Or not maybe although you did say on a previous post you watched Holmans. As for a tasty derby coming up tomorrow it’s a real shame both teams who have performed in the league this season will be leaving it . ( Illogan 1sts remain of course ) but I dare say there will be the odd spat here and there ?? might see you there?