Cornwall Football Forum

The Way Too Early Transfer Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Magpie1888 said:

You act like football is a chore, like without any financial incentive, there’s no desire to drive a mere 20 miles to play the game we’ve grown up loving! Believe it or not, some players are happy to do just that and value representing an ambitious club above money! 

40 mile round trip for nothing. Was you born in 1888 because things have changed and most player's won't play for a team at that standard or above and be out of pocket at the end of the day.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, willy7 said:

40 mile round trip for nothing. Was you born in 1888 because things have changed and most player's won't play for a team at that standard or above and be out of pocket at the end of the day.

I must be a mug then, I have been doing it for the last 3 years!

Some people do it for love not money!

On 26/06/2018 at 19:17, 100%cornish said:

Mousehole should be in the south western premier division i watched them against Newquay and Liskeard and they are a real good team and had some brilliant players i would love to of seen Josh Otto ,William Vouama and  Paulo Sousa in the blue colours of Godolphin have these 3 gone to Penzance seems a shame a really good Mousehole team is being broken up but once money is mentioned thats it no more loyalty

Get promoted then 

2 hours ago, mockey jackson said:

Glyn Hobbs has had a bust up with his brother Lee and is leaving parkway. Who will be favourites to get him signed? Bodmin to throw money at him? Or return to tavistock on the cards?

had a bust up ?? haha dont all brothers fall out . it be more to do with commitment to travel then any bust up , but tavistock would have him back in a shot 

34 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Still a step up from what he playing now tho. Just depends if he gets any minutes. Tiverton already have enough attackers 

I might be wrong but were Tiverton in the swpl at one time - maybe my imagination ?

It was Tiverton Town Reserves who won the East division 2015-16  and the next season in the Premier Div. (finishing 8th.)following promotion.-

Falmouth had some great battles with Tiverton Town in the Western League 1974-83 and latterly in F A Cup/Vase ties

Do you Remember those days Al.? especially that 1-0 (luke Hodge) winner in the F A Cup.1998-99

34 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

It was Tiverton Town Reserves who won the East division 2015-16  and the next season in the Premier Div. (finishing 8th.)following promotion.-

Falmouth had some great battles with Tiverton Town in the Western League 1974-83 and latterly in F A Cup/Vase ties

Do you Remember those days Al.? especially that 1-0 (luke Hodge) winner in the F A Cup.1998-99

Yes I certainly do, also remember the crowds it all use to attract.